FYI West Point-NYC: Blue Angels, Red Arrows, Thunderbirds Aug.22

https://patch.com/new-york/tarrytown...n-river-aug-22

Jets To Fly Historic Formation Over The Hudson River Aug. 22
    Don't miss the Blue Angels, Red Arrows & the Thunderbirds flying from West Point to the Statue of Liberty and back up.

A stunning, historic event will take place over the Hudson River Thursday morning. It's a preview of the New York International Air Show.

The Royal Air Force Red Arrows from the United Kingdom will join the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and F-35 Lightning II Demo Team in a historic, three-team flight down the Hudson River and over the Statue of Liberty at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 22.

The Hudson Flight will approach from the north over the river in a procession of four team formations. The Blue Angels will lead in 6 aircraft delta formation, followed by the Red Arrows in their signature big battle 9 aircraft wide formation. Two F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighters will trail the Red Arrows followed by the Thunderbirds in their delta formation.

The Hudson Flight will fly south to New York Harbor where the formations will all make a sweeping right turn and the proceed back up the river. They will make a pass over West Point Military Academy prior to landing back at New York Stewart International Airport.

The Royal Air Force Red Arrows and F-35 Lightning II Demo Team will perform at the New York International Air Show on Aug. 24-25.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

A good spot to see that is from the grass along the river next to the Garrison train station across from West Point.

Thanks for sharing this. I didn’t know about it.
    I was just talking to my son about the air show on Saturday. We can’t go because of other commitments but maybe I can get the boys out of bed Thursday morning for this and go to work a little late.
    When they brought the space shuttle to NY for the Intrepid museum, they flew it up and down the river on the back of the 747. I caught that from a spot by the GW and it was pretty cool.

I'd be standing right in the middle of the Bear Mountain Bridge with a chair and a few beers.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'd be standing right in the middle of the Bear Mountain Bridge with a chair and a few beers.
    Why stand if you brought a chair with you ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Why stand if you brought a chair with you ?

Point taken, but I would get out of my seat for the flyby.

Maybe he will be standing on the chair. Better view than cops below him. Ever think of that?

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. I didn’t know about it.
    I was just talking to my son about the air show on Saturday. We can’t go because of other commitments but maybe I can get the boys out of bed Thursday morning for this and go to work a little late.
    My son and I were discussing going to the air show. Is it an overwhelming mass of humanity or a pretty good place to see the planes and have a good time?
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    My son and I were discussing going to the air show. Is it an overwhelming mass of humanity or a pretty good place to see the planes and have a good time?
    I can’t say. This would have been our first time to this one. I used to go to the Schenectady air show back in the old days and that was a parking nightmare but once you were on the flightline it wasn’t bad. If I was going, I’d make sure I got there super early.

Saw the other day the Red Arrows were coming to Seattle as part of their US tour.

Be nice to see someone else's tax pounds doing formation aerobatics.

The son of a friend of my Dad was an Arrows pilot back in the late seventies. Got to go "backstage" at several air shows and once to sit in the cockpit of his plane.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 08-21-2019 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

wish it wasnt right during rush hour or I might take my son.

Cool.

My Dad was the aviation maintenance Chief for the Blues in 1971 in Pensacola. Saw a ton of shows as a kid. Nothing like the feel and sound of supersonic jets up close.
    I get to a show every coupla years, usually with him now.

Headed that direction to take daughter to college tomorrow am....I would think they might possibly take off from Newburgh?.... and we have a chance to see them as they fly out....before we head up the Thruway...

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Headed that direction to take daughter to college tomorrow am....I would think they might possibly take off from Newburgh?.... and we have a chance to see them as they fly out....before we head up the Thruway...
    The article implies that they’re taking off and landing from Stewart airport - right near Newburgh - so hopefully you’ll get a view!

Well, that was a little disappointing, at least north of NYC. Very cool to see them but a little to high. I guess the air show at Stewart this weekend will be the real deal.

I had to be at work too early but I got my boys out of bed before I left so they could go check it out on thier own. Both agreed they were too high.

Surely it will be on the Utoobs very soon.
    watch out for snakes

I might be motivated to go to the show either Sat. or Sunday.

A friend's brother was a Thunderbird. Augered in when the flight commander fucked up and flew into the ground. Killed all four��

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I had to be at work too early but I got my boys out of bed before I left so they could go check it out on thier own. Both agreed they were too high.
    You let the boys wake and Bake? What a cool dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    You let the boys wake and Bake? What a cool dad.
    Ha! It took me a second but now I see it. No, I’m not that cool.