Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boise to SeaTac

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Plugboots: I noticed this morning that Red's even rents rafts/drift boats. I mentioned "rent a raft, row you around the canyon and I can even a fish a bit" to the wife and she showed some interest, so maybe that for Friday with a Thursday afternoon drive up to check out the Naches for a few hours.

KQ: yes, we the airbnb is in downtown WW. Definitely up for a beer or glass of wine. We will be there Tuesday/Wednesday evenings. I'll pm cell phone.
    I haven’t done this through them, but I would go with a raft. It’s a weird river, in that the flows are high in the summer, making bank fishing difficult, so rafting to spots, or pounding the bank is the way to go.
    I’ve fished the Tieton and Naches as evening things, fishing till as I late as I can, then get back to town before the restaurants close.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Boy-howdy does KQ ever have great peaches! And she certainly didn't bite me, but YMMV.
    Eat a peach! Mmmmm Rozas! Everything a peach should be.

MM - I'll hook you and your wife up with some peaches if you're interested. Local produce is at its height right now throughout the valley.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190824_173757.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	292231
    Last edited by KQ; 08-24-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Name:	kaleyeah.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	292256

Produce, including peaches, sounds great. As demonstrated by my attire, I'm a fan of local produce, and I'm an avid gardener. We are just past the peak here. Corn and tomatoes still going strong, but, other than apples, local fruits are pretty much done. I froze the last of my home grown peaches about 3 weeks ago. this info is enough to point me towards an airbnb rather than hotel in Yakima so I can do some cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post

Name:	kaleyeah.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	292256

Produce, including peaches, sounds great. As demonstrated by my attire, I'm a fan of local produce, and I'm an avid gardener. We are just past the peak here. Corn and tomatoes still going strong, but, other than apples, local fruits are pretty much done. I froze the last of my home grown peaches about 3 weeks ago. this info is enough to point me towards an airbnb rather than hotel in Yakima so I can do some cooking.

Ha-Ha! Love it!

Yakima will be going off with fresh local produce! They have a FABULOUS farmers market:

Downtown Farmers Market

Yakima Valley Farmers Markets

Edit/Add: BTW, if you love gardening you should stop by this thread if you haven't already: Garden 2019
    Last edited by KQ; 08-25-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

"Edit/Add: BTW, if you love gardening you should stop by this thread if you haven't already: Garden 2019"

wow, great thread. I'll have to participate next year.

Great trip. Thanks to all for the advice and nice to meet KQ. Walla Walla is a very charming town. Hope to return someday.

Caught a bunch of small fish in various streams and stuck a big one on a streamer in the Yakima, but lost it on 3rd run. I got a little impatient when he got back out into the faster current on me (again) and tugged a little too hard.