Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How about ATV driving?

Hi there! I'm a newcomer here, just wanna ask you about your experience with kids gas ATV. Is it ok for 10 years old son? He got pedal kart a few years ago, then a scooter, now he wants more and faster so we are thinking of ATV. What brand would you recommend for beginners? All terrain thick tires and remote key would be a plus. Thanks!

Well, I decided to update my post just FYI. So I've been looking for a gas ATV which both my wife and son would like and it was not so hard as we expected. After reading dozens of forums and posts like this one (a pretty good one detailed review) https://www.kidsatvsale.com/kids-gas-powered-atvs/ we decided to buy an Ice Bear (because of Spider Man design lol) with thick tires that looks like a real ATV. Now my wife is happy, my son is happy, that's the main point. The ATV is solid, it comes with remote kill switch so I can control the ATV from the distance (and my son won't know about it).Yeah I know there are lots of claims about injuries and even deaths but we're not gonna get wild with driving, just fun in a safe speed putting on a solid helmet as well!​​​​

Last edited by m0ee70; 08-28-2019 at 03:28 AM. Reason: extra

Get him a dirt bike. He will slide out on the low side, but he will never high side it. The high side roll is what kills kids

Fuck off spammer.

Seriously John B. I’ve got nearly 2500 posts here, and you call me a spammer? Fuck you, Jong.

If you want to hurt your kid, get him a quad. As soon as he flips it, that machine will roll over him and hurt him badly. Not that dirt bikes are safe, but they are better than quads. I have two quads for plowing and pulling stuff, and they are great for hunting and access, but bad things happen to newbie riders on them if they ride them 💨

Truf

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Riding bikes from 11, hate quads as the feeling I got was the quad was riding me instead of the other way around.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Seriously John B. I’ve got nearly 2500 posts here, and you call me a spammer? Fuck you, Jong.

If you want to hurt your kid, get him a quad. As soon as he flips it, that machine will roll over him and hurt him badly. Not that dirt bikes are safe, but they are better than quads. I have two quads for plowing and pulling stuff, and they are great for hunting and access, but bad things happen to newbie riders on them if they ride them ��
    Whoa there Jethro, unless "m0ee70" is your alias that you forgot to switch back to when responding with the above I believe John B was responding to the OP.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

2 women killed here in NorCal. 3 year old on mom's lap was thrown with minor injuries.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/10/...ear-red-bluff/

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Murian View Post
    2 women killed here in NorCal. 3 year old on mom's lap was thrown with minor injuries.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/10/...ear-red-bluff/
    Neighbor just died the other day. Left behind a young wife and two kids under 6 not to mention a huge ranch that the wife can't run alone.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Whoa there Jethro, unless "m0ee70" is your alias that you forgot to switch back to when responding with the above I believe John B was responding to the OP.
    Yeah, I kind of wondered if I was out of line there.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yeah, I kind of wondered if I was out of line there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Get him a dirt bike. He will slide out on the low side, but he will never high side it. The high side roll is what kills kids
    This is so true!

Wallstrasse 28, Hessen, 35321, Laubach, Germany
    I have no experience in ATV. I searched a little bit online. Amazon sells ATV. I think X-PRO Kids ATV 4 Wheelers 40cc is perfect for your kids.

I have no idea about the brand.

Bike over ATV any day. Just got back from our overnight right. Kids loved it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8146.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	338590
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

now that looks like fun.

this is a weird thread

Quote Originally Posted by m0ee70 View Post
    Hi there! I'm a newcomer here, just wanna ask you about your experience with kids gas ATV. Is it ok for 10 years old son? He got pedal kart a few years ago, then a scooter, now he wants more and faster so we are thinking of ATV. What brand would you recommend for beginners? All terrain thick tires and remote key would be a plus. Thanks!

Well, I decided to update my post just FYI. So I've been looking for a gas ATV which both my wife and son would like and it was not so hard as we expected. After reading dozens of forums and posts like this one (a pretty good one detailed review) we decided to rent something from here https://realcar.nyc/fleet and then switch to quad. Now my wife is happy, my son is happy, that's the main point. The ATV is solid, it comes with remote kill switch so I can control the ATV from the distance (and my son won't know about it).Yeah I know there are lots of claims about injuries and even deaths but we're not gonna get wild with driving, just fun in a safe speed putting on a solid helmet as well!​​​​

My brother's son is 15 and drives quad so much better than his father, lol. Flipped it only once but that was no big of a deal, lucky fall.

I did a gig cleaning up a movie set with a polaris ranger side x side, a stable platform with seat belts/roll cage/ seating for 6/ cargo capacity, it could go up a rocky t-lift line 3x as fast as the small quad, those 1 man quads are fuckign dangerous
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Atv...dirtbike...I want a honda fatcat.
    Name:  8DEEC595-540B-4A22-803C-0C4B0443ED2D.jpeg
Views: 2012
Size:  110.5 KB

How about ATV driving?

The Yamaha TW200 is what you seek. Way better Ride than the fat cat. The Yamaha is an amazing trail bike. I had mine completely kitted with all of the racks available and that thing would absolutely haul a load. Wish I never sold it just to many hobbies.
    Name:  IMG_2804.JPG
Views: 2019
Size:  12.8 KB

The Fatcat would make a nice fat bike trail groomer.

Nothing worse than trying to ride or XC, a trail made by a fishtailing ATV.

Kermit the mule. Wouldn't have my backcountry hut if Kermit hadn't hauled all the materials and tools in.
    Name:  IMG_0530.JPG
Views: 1633
Size:  204.8 KB

I'm a little skeptical about letting kids ride an ATV. I think it is too early to let a child drive until the age of 14.

But every parent has a different attitude to it. For example, my sister allows her son to ride an ATV, he is 12.
    And I am always very worried when I see that, because it is very easy to cripple.

Therefore it is necessary to watch well safety of the child: he / she should wear appropriate safety gear, do not “jump”, ride only in appropriate weather with appropriate lighting, ride only during daylight hours, only ride an ATV designed for your age and size.

SpAMbOT

I’m a piece of shit spambot!
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 07-06-2021 at 09:21 AM.