Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    I checked and you do have my size but I need to have pit zips as I am a sweaty kind of guy and the vents are a must for me.
    don't underestimate our venting systems and the fabric....ive worn that jacket for 2 years and dont need the pit zips and i sweat profusely and can really heat up on the hill....

I hesitate to type these things because other brands are on here and pick up on this stuff...i often find our words and elements of our jackets incorporated into other brands showings.....but, here ya go....

our necklines have a larger radius purposely added so that the top of the jacket does not act like a collar. we do not put any gaters in cuffs nor use any elastic...all airflow and cinching here is managed by the velcro cuff...which you can operate with a gloved hand easily.....we only use 2way ykk zippers for the front zipper...this allows you to zip up ....so between these three elements you can pipe a flow of air through the jacket....all our jackets....other models yes, we take a step farther with pit zips and the addition of an elastic cord and cord lock cinch at the top of the separate collar system (A2, A2+) kind of like a chimney cap to cinch into your neck, but only when you need it.

anyway on the A5 camo, if you let the fabric unencumbered by blocking elements do its job, and the systems i mentioned above....pit zips are not needed. if you start to feel warm under the arm....open up the cuff for minutes , up zip the bottom part of the 2 way front zipper....it goes away quickly...the A5 is best worn with the hood out of the collar bag too i should add...

just saying this system works...from experience...it works

Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    Hey MiCol thanks for the informed info on all the sewing and fabric "insiders info", very helpful in just understanding.

Makes me appreciate the jackets of yours more. Maybe Custom One_Off pants are next.
    you're welcome, thanks, sometimes i hesitate to get into "how the sausage gets made" but there is so much bullshit , fakery, IG cons, and marketing lies and embellishments, etc i feel the need to let the mystery of the industry escape for all to know....its been a hard path at times, but very fulfilling., i could never imagine handing off all the elements of jacket building to anyone else , china agents, pro designers here in usa, etc.....i literally can interpret my experience , feelings, warmth, cold, performance issues, etc in the mountains and address that with the product design, and i can put that product or change out in 1 month if i want to, i call it 1st person design/production.....i dont know of many if any other brand that can do this....so, you guys have to decide if you want to buy into mass consumer made and bought/sold products that serve the maker/brand/conglomerate at $500-$30=$470 profit jacket, or the grass roots but professionally made commerical quality $350x25%-35%profit jacket,which is just enough profit to keep me investing and stay in business, ....and keeps the copycat hounds at bay while producing a beautiful product in Colorado that I am very proud of as well as the expert hands that make it. and there was a day when it was my hands that ran the machines that seam taped these jackets....that's hands on....

when we need a certain supply and i run to confluence kyak and buy a can of something and use it....that's an example of local procurement and keeping the dollars local....there are much bigger parts of my supply chain that are local and domestic that i cannot use as an example here do to the competition studying and stealing....anyway , been a ride that's for sure...

i often wonder what or if you guys think about things like the aftermath of when you send a broken jacket to a big brand and they give you a free replacement, what happens to the one you sent them? 99% pitch this into the garbage....watch the movie "The True Cost" netflix....see if it makes sense to you after viewing....it doesnt to me.... (just looking, this is not directed towards you...just another one of my rambles....)
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Ramble on dude.

Lots of folks on here do want to know how the sausage is made.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, buy Mike's stuff. YOU. WILL. NOT. BE. DISAPPOINTED.

My ski gear was stolen a few months back, bibs, long underwear, etc. This discussion definitely has me thinking about checking out some new brands. I’ve been a Patagoochi pro-deal whore for so long, I didn’t even consider anything else. It’s time to look other places.

I’m 0-2 for liking ArcTeryx gear I’ve gotten. I’ve been really happy with all my Patagonia gear, same goes for FlyLows Baker Bibs. I tried a Black Diamond shell last winter and wasn’t a fan. Who else is worth checking out? TNF? Mikes stuff? Anyone big I’m missing?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Skibrd you’ so tall that patagonia is probably the best option in the jacket department. Everything else just gets wider as it gets bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    My ski gear was stolen a few months back, bibs, long underwear, etc. This discussion definitely has me thinking about checking out some new brands. I’ve been a Patagoochi pro-deal whore for so long, I didn’t even consider anything else. It’s time to look other places.

I’m 0-2 for liking ArcTeryx gear I’ve gotten. I’ve been really happy with all my Patagonia gear, same goes for FlyLows Baker Bibs. I tried a Black Diamond shell last winter and wasn’t a fan. Who else is worth checking out? TNF? Mikes stuff? Anyone big I’m missing?

Stio. I’m really happy with the stuff I’ve gotten from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Stio. I’m really happy with the stuff I’ve gotten from them.
    Haven't tried MICols stuff yet but give him huge props for his involvement here. I'm personally residing in the Stio fanboy clubhouse. The new new isn't on the site yet but should be any day. I've been jong-testing the Environ and Environ XT for three seasons. After "downclimbing" rocky chutes by sliding on my ass, playing slalom with the syrup trees in VT, getting stabbed by my own poles (don't ask), etc. - the stuff still looks brand new after a wash. Love the durability and temperature versatility of the Dermizax and the stio hood design. Colors are always swaggy as well.

shell and pants that hold up?

Very satisfied customer of Freeride Systems.

-20F temps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1305.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	292537

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Black is always in style
    Interested?Name:  20190829_213051.jpeg
Views: 314
Size:  50.7 KB

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."