Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I’ve had some pataguchi bike shorts that have been bomber. Get some

I have two pair, one Dakine and one Patagonia MTB specific shorts, got both on discount, paid like $40 or something like that, happy with both, not overly baggy on either but not tight and uncomfortable in the crotch, as I can't stand that type of fit. Patagonia ones are newer, but the Dakines have held up since 2015 and still in perfect shape.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Basically all I ride in...pretty much just want board shorts with more adjustment range. Or wish the local selection was better.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
    https://www.billabong.com/sundays-la...=1&hitcount=43

Go with the 'merican flag print.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I thought Rog preferred 5” inseams.
    Ha! Last time I rode with him he was wearing carhart pants. Last time I saw him riding he was in race mode with baggies going against all the roadie lycra wannabe mtn bikers. Even on the trail lycra roadies are douchebags. No time to take a breath and say 'hey' when you're charging for the kom...that you never get unless maybe it's an up.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ha! Last time I rode with him he was wearing carhart pants. Last time I saw him riding he was in race mode with baggies going against all the roadie lycra wannabe mtn bikers. Even on the trail lycra roadies are douchebags. No time to take a breath and say 'hey' when you're charging for the kom...that you never get unless maybe it's an up.
    Old guy rant, nothing to see here.
    We all ride for different reasons, but we all ride.
    Doesn’t matter what you wear, just as long as you are there.
    You need to get woke, braj.
    Smell my Mule
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Thought about those actually, but the length is a bit short.

I have an older pair of canyon shorts...I think they got stretched out in many dimensions because now I have to have the adjusters way in to keep them from falling off
    Yeah, that sucks. What I like most about them is that the smalls just fit around my waist without using the adjusters, so I don't have to deal with any of that.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I have a couple pairs of zoic shorts that seem to fit your criteria.
    +1. I think most Zoic shorts do: yes, there are adjusters, but set them once and forget them, the elastic gives a lot of range.

I add a pair of Zoics when I see them under $30 and (partly thanks to their warranty) I seem to have accumulated them faster than they wear out. Board shorts do seem like they could work but lack pockets, aren't much cheaper than a good sale and Zoic (or Club Ride, PI, Fox) are cut for biking so they don't snag seats.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Old guy rant, nothing to see here.
    We all ride for different reasons, but we all ride.
    Doesn’t matter what you wear, just as long as you are there.
    You need to get woke, braj.
    Smell my Mule
    Shoe fit bro? Loosen up that lycra and maybe you'll keep up with the Rog.

No time to say 'hey' on the trail 'cause I'm a hardcore old guy with something to prove to somebody!

WTB: Rime Pullover size medium made by backcountry.com

I cant post on your other thread. wanted to buy your rime pullover medium. please txt 347 3O7 5968
    Paul

Thought about those actually, but the length is a bit short.

https://www.pocsports.com/us/product...l-shorts#slide[object%20Object]

The entire back half of the waist band is elastic. The adjusters don't move after being set. I've been happy with my mediums so far (33" waist).
    "Just send it you pussy."

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Has anyone used the new-ish Showers Pass mtb shorts? I'm a fan of their road/commuting gear, it's held up pretty well and the materials are nice, as well as the cut/fit. The shorts look great for XC-ish
    Showers Pass Shorts

I just bought some Eddie Bauer shorts that are fast becoming faves for damn near everything.

Here is an elastic waist band pair.

Bumping this back up because it's almost time to start riding again and I need new shorts again. Last year I primarily rode in a pair of Urban Cycling's Shredder shorts and liked them pretty well.

Curious if anybody has any time on the elevenpine shorts?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

For loose-fit MTB shorts the Sombrio product seems to work , I have 3 pair so i would I would submit that these fit best. Shorts are one of those things I can't see buying without trying, so the last time I tried on every brand in the store and it was sombrio, even payed list
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-21-2022 at 04:21 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I haven't used the Elevenpine shorts, but they look very tight-fitting and short.

I've been wearing Club Ride HiFi shorts the last few months and I'm a huge fan. I like them a lot more than the NWT3K shorts I've been using for the last 3-4 years. Lighter and softer fabric, more pockets, better fitting, and so far they seem pretty durable.

I'll chime in and say the Patagonia chamois are trash. Very comfy for riding in but I went on a long backcountry that involved a fair bit of hike a bike and literally rubbed by ass raw. Never had that happen with any other chamois brand =.

I hate stuff in my pockets. Maybe a pass.
    I like a quick draw belt on my shorts, so they don’t sag on the climbs.

My ass is pretty much bulletproof.

what an Ass !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I bought a cheap pair off amazon last year that I have been liking a lot, and have held up well. Would buy again.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got a couple pairs of Patagonia Landfarer shorts a couple years ago, and have retired all my other shorts since then. Light weight but have held up in crashes and tire buzzes. Great cell phone hamstring pocket. 2 large cargo pockets that will hold gloves & other crap while you're getting ready (I don't like to ride with anything in leg pockets other than maybe chapstick or glasses wipe). Button & zipper front, stretchy back that makes sure they fit regardless of if I've leaned up or been drinking too much beer. They don't come with a liner, which I view as a plus.

I agree the Patagonia liners are uncomfortable. My go-to for those is the ridiculous looking BN3TH North Shore chamois. The front "pocket" looks absurd but it's so comfortable that all other liners feel inferior after that. The actual pad is a nice balance of soft/firm.

I mean, if you're core enough...

These are the best.

https://riptonco.com/products/mens-smoke-jorts
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Pretty happy with the Backcountry Empire shorts, good cut and length, a little stretchy, and the pockets are dialed. I can carry phone, keys, and energy bar without feeling loaded down or having stuff flapping around.

https://www.backcountry.com/backcoun...ike-short-mens

^backcountry? Duck!

The patagonia chamois that I have from ~6 years ago are awesome. Some of the most comfortable chamois I own, and they're still in decent shape after a lot of time in them. Maybe they've changed since then?

The Patagonia outer shorts are terrible. They're hiking shorts, not biking shorts. I guess they're fine if you mostly plan on hiking in them. I kept the chamois and took the outers to goodwill.