Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Congratulations!
    I know, right? Pretty amazing. Must be a second wife I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    So how many courics was it ?
    All of them.

A delayed start to the ski season due to lack of snow used to annoy me. Not any more.

Name:  vlcsnap-2019-11-07-22h37m58s921.png
Views: 554
Size:  688.5 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    people dieing in avalanches used to annoy me
    took a while but the realization that me and my partners
    have made all those same mistakes at various times but got away with them with lesser consequences
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I know, right? Pretty amazing. Must be a second wife I guess.
    no but it was her second rabbit. the first one kept biting people so she took it a farm (really), where it promptly chewed the ear off another rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    where it promptly chewed the ear off another rabbit.
    They can do great things with prostheses these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

no but it was her second rabbit. the first one kept biting people so she took it a farm (really), where it promptly chewed the ear off another rabbit.
    I pulled into town in a police car
    Your daddy said I took it just a little too far
    You're tellin' other things, but your girlfriend lied
    You can't catch me 'cause the rabbit done died
    Yes it did

Ohhhhhh... THAT kind of rabbit. I see.
    Last edited by AustinFromSA; 11-09-2019 at 11:38 AM.

This little fucker right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Toyota Prius. Not sure why, but they used to annoy me to no end. I hated those cars. Now I'm actually considering buying one to commute after driving my mom's around.

It was probably the drivers. But the previous Prius drivers seemed to have moved on to Tesla.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    The Toyota Prius. Not sure why, but they used to annoy me to no end. I hated those cars. Now I'm actually considering buying one to commute after driving my mom's around.

It was probably the drivers.
    But the previous Prius drivers seemed to have moved on to Tesla.
    Bingo. Now that the smug has waned, they've become much more appealing to me as well. One of my best friends used to be SO pious when he got his back in like 2004. He's still rocking that old car and it's still running great but last time I asked him about it, showing genuine interest, he was like "Meh. It's all right I guess." It's like he's ashamed of himself that he's not driving a Tesla. Trust me. This is a great change. Haha.

I've always found the Prius to have fascinating tech, so they've always appealed to me on some level, but many of the drivers used to be so obnoxious about it that they weren't much better than their arch-nemesis, the coal rolling redneck.

Yeah it was always mostly the smug that irked, although the early Prii were also ugly as sin. Now they're just another hybrid.

My morbidly obese, diabetic sister.

I recently stopped caring about her feet/ankles/knee/back pain/low or high blood sugar/upcoming surgery....

If you eat horrible food, have candy dishes scattered around your house, complain about how you can't walk and work is a struggle, your husband is twice as fat as you, and your children are also obese....that story gets old real quick. Nice people, but too much baggage and bad decisions for me to be annoyed any more.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    A delayed start to the ski season due to lack of snow used to annoy me. Not any more.

Name:  vlcsnap-2019-11-07-22h37m58s921.png
Views: 554
Size:  688.5 KB
    Me too, but not to the point of being willing to ski dirt and rocks.

I'm enjoying this warm fall in the Sierra. Mountain biking is good. Much rather have dry and warm (and then go immediately to dumping snow) instead of having a month of rain and mud (which means temps just slightly too warm for decent snow accumulation).
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ambient music.

This was just new age hippy shit for the longest time.... but now I find it, relaxing.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Ha, welcome to getting old. Utoobs has tons of any kind of ambiant sound/music you could ever want.

Adding to list for me is flat tires. Both on the vehicle and bike.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Ha, welcome to getting old. Utoobs has tons of any kind of ambiant sound/music you could ever want.

Adding to list for me is flat tires. Both on the vehicle and bike.
    when you actually get old you increasingly prefer silence. I particularly hate restaurants where everyone is screaming to be heard over the music. (The worst was the cafeteria at Whistler.)

silence is key....

God speaks in a still, small voice. If things are noisy you might miss it. Or maybe it's just tinnitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post

It was probably the drivers. But the previous Prius drivers seemed to have moved on to Tesla.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Prius Prime 2020. Looks dope.
    100+ MPG.
    Can run on E only for short trips.
    Looks affordable too.
    What's not to like?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

So I've had this obnoxious couple living behind me for the last year or two. I figured the guy must be unemployed because he is always home. Always has the patio door wide open. Always watching TV at full volume. Always talking over the TV to the wife. Then he got an Alexa. Alexa, who scored in the 49ers game? Alexa...? Alexa...? Then they got one of those purse dogs that barks constantly. So they'd have to yell at it to shut up. Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Fluffy, no! Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Fluffy, stop it! Bark Bark Bark Fluffy!!! I haven't been able to have any window open on that side of the house unless I wanted to listen to their inane conversations, or their TV, or their fucking dog barking.

This morning I pulled out of the garage to drive to work. There was a moving van on the street with furniture being loaded into it. Could it be??? Please!?! PLEASE!?!?! PLEEEAAAAASEEEE!!!! Forgot about it all day, happened to look out the window just now and their place is empty. FKNA!!!!!

Annoying neighbor will not be annoying me anymore....

Now I just have to find out who's letting their dog piss all over each garage door along our lane. The whole place reeks of piss. Maybe it was Fluffy and this will kill two birds with one stone. That might be too much to ask....

congrats
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Last month a UPS driver got his truck stuck on my driveway.

He caused a little bit of damage to an area that was was already very slightly damaged but would now require me to put down some crushed rock and do a small asphalt repair. It was annoying.

After a bit of phone tag and kvetching, finally they sent a loss adjuster out to inspect it. Nice guy we chatted it up about skiing and traffic and mutual hatred of uber drivers. He took his measurements and some photos went on his way.

This morning the dude from their "resolutions agency" offered me $11K. Which is about ten times what I wouldn't have argued about.

The whole driveway only cost me about $6K to pave when we did it seven years ago.

Not annoyed.
    Who the fuck are you people? 11k for a driveway divet?

You must be pretty fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Who the fuck are you people? 11k for a driveway divet?

You must be pretty fancy.
    A couple of claims I've had--some water damage from ice dams and an SUV I totaled. In both cases I was shocked by how much the insurance company gave us. But don't worry--they get you with the premiums.
    I expect windshield insurance is going to go way up for cars with cameras that have to be recalibrated when the windshield is replaced. Ours hasn't gone up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    With a 3 and a 5-year-old I am usually relieved that it is Monday.
    Yep. It's the new Friday.