Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Looks great but man is that boney. Normal snow pack last year?
    When I worked for Rossi, Castle was the only stop on the tour where an entire fleet of skis was unskiable at the end of the first day due to damage to bases and edges. The best thing is it happened there two years in a row. In 7 years of demoing it's also the only place where I had a ski broken during a demo (under the binding no less).
    There is for sure some pow day stoke and a cult of Castle "locals" that won't ski anywhere else. It's the last place I'd take new or cherished skis.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Thanks for the introduction. Someday I will venture to the southern part of the Canadian Rockies!
    And congrats on getting hitched!
    Thanks man! One day we should rip Sunpeaks (Tod) a bit. Haven't skied there in a while and I still have lots of buddies there (lived there for a half dozen years back in the day).

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Thanks Gary. Great stoke
    My pleasure AP, see you soon I'm sure! Moving the last load to T town tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    FKNA GfromT solid work

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Mr. Smasher!

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    When I worked for Rossi, Castle was the only stop on the tour where an entire fleet of skis was unskiable at the end of the first day due to damage to bases and edges. The best thing is it happened there two years in a row. In 7 years of demoing it's also the only place where I had a ski broken during a demo (under the binding no less).
    There is for sure some pow day stoke and a cult of Castle "locals" that won't ski anywhere else. It's the last place I'd take new or cherished skis.
    hahahaha. great story. I definately "sharpened" my tuning skills skiing quite a few days there over the last 5 seasons. hahahaha.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Mega Eastern upslope storm coming in this weekend with up to 70 cm forecast for Pincher Creek. Too early to tell but not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Thanks man! One day we should rip Sunpeaks (Tod) a bit. Haven't skied there in a while and I still have lots of buddies there (lived there for a half dozen years back in the day.
    If it’s low tide or crusty, Mt Tod sounds great! But if the gods are smiling, better I rustle up a second sled and we hit the local honeyhole here in Wells Gray country!

Shit, you're a clearwackie dude? Damn we probably have some mutual friends. Thought shushwap highlands was more south... My bad.
    I'll let you know when I'm in the neighborhood man. Invite to the great white northwest to you brother.

Ya, Canim/Mahood Lakes and the Trophies are the northern extent of the Shuswap before becoming the Quesnel highlands. And thanks for the invite, never spent much time in Terrace proper, but loved Smithers and the Hazeltons when I worked up there around the turn of the millennium. Hope you guys get a stellar season up there this year!

Hey BCMtnHound; sorry for the thread drift but... i'm a Terrace guy headin' on a road trip south to the okanagan in the next week or so...perchance is there any somewhat easily accessed early season glacier skiing in the valemount/blue river/clearwater corridor? I did a season workin' at Weigele's back in '94 so have some awareness of the local environs.
    Master of mediocrity.

I haven't been up to Valemount this summer/fall yet, so I am not sure what the access is into the Premier Range is like right now, either via the trail to Mt Pierre Elliot Trudeau, or the old mine road up Mt Mica.
    The closest glacier/snow field to road access in the upper Thompson valley would be the Mt Albreda glacier complex accessed by the Clemina FSR (probably best off the Dora FSR that takes off at 7km on the Clemina, but the sledders access the main snowfields from approx 25km up the main Clemina - the old roads are shit up there though this time of year). Also could look at the access up the Dominion FSR above the MW Albreda Lodge; depending on when you are coming though, the cable logging show might be finished up there.
    None of it I would call easy access, but given your TR exploits I've read here, you should have no problem

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I haven't been up to Valemount this summer/fall yet, so I am not sure what the access is into the Premier Range is like right now, either via the trail to Mt Pierre Elliot Trudeau, or the old mine road up Mt Mica.
    The closest glacier/snow field to road access in the upper Thompson valley would be the Mt Albreda glacier complex accessed by the Clemina FSR (probably best off the Dora FSR that takes off at 7km on the Clemina, but the sledders access the main snowfields from approx 25km up the main Clemina - the old roads are shit up there though this time of year). Also could look at the access up the Dominion FSR above the MW Albreda Lodge; depending on when you are coming though, the cable logging show might be finished up there.
    None of it I would call easy access, but given your TR exploits I've read here, you should have no problem
    Awesome, thanks for the intel. Survived a bit of a sufferfest in the name of september turns yesterday, so, lol, at this point was hoping for something in the lines of 'drive through' tailgate access terrain.

Skied up on Albreda a bunch back in the Weigele days. Nice big vert cruising on the aspect facing the highway.

Back to the Castle thread...well, holy shit, a guy should hit it before the rocks show up. Coverage looks amazing right now! Septemarch coverage???

Name:  video (1).jpg
Views: 7324
Size:  21.3 KB

Name:  video.jpg
Views: 5170
Size:  17.1 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webcam.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	295728
    Master of mediocrity.

I keep popping in to this thread and am hoping to make it up to castle this year, it looks like a great hill

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I keep popping in to this thread and am hoping to make it up to castle this year, it looks like a great hill

You would love it TAFKaLS! It has an amazing character to it and can be challenging in a "ski with care cause if you go down in the wrong place you'll hit some shit; just cause it's white doesn't mean it's right" sort of way. Steep fall line skiing abounds in-bounds. Rowdy coolies and lots of BC options off the hill and nearby.

Try to go when the base is above 1m and storms are in the forecast, going there at low tide can be tricky to negotiate without serious ski tuning consequence.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post

I ski there enough to show you around a bit if my baby daddy duties don't interfere with when you're there... drop a PM if you want and we can see if it works out.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Also of note is that castle is on the Indy ski pass that's only $200 US. A couple of days at castle would be about $150 US and the rest would be gravy.

https://www.indyskipass.com/
    Price goes up dec. 1st.

They're also on one of the bigger shared passes but remember which.

Congratulations on the nuptials...what a lovely countenance

hows the snowpack and conditions at castle this season?

Really good, I was there three times last week, and conditions were great every time between wind and continued snowfall. Grew up skiing there actually, but have hardly been in the last, like, 20 years. Even rode the t-bar the other day for old times sakes and because the lift line was ridiculous. It still sucks as much as I remember. Might get out there once more this week and then will be back up here in a few weeks.

Also they sell a thing called a WOW card, which gets you half priced tickets. $80 cad, so you need to ski twice to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by MTslackcountry View Post
    hows the snowpack and conditions at castle this season?
    I haven't been in a while so hopefully someone else can give more info, but the snow reports are not inspiring... been a bit of a dry spell lately.

Castle can still be good without much new snow but it can also be not good in similar situations.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Really good, I was there three times last week, and conditions were great every time between wind and continued snowfall. Grew up skiing there actually, but have hardly been in the last, like, 20 years. Even rode the t-bar the other day for old times sakes and because the lift line was ridiculous. It still sucks as much as I remember. Might get out there once more this week and then will be back up here in a few weeks.

Also they sell a thing called a WOW card, which gets you half priced tickets. $80 cad, so you need to ski twice to save money.
    Thanks Bud!

Indypass gets you two days there and it’s down to $139 now..

3 years later and Castle is still my #1 bucket list ski destination.

3 years later and Castle is still my #1 bucket list ski destination.
    Come on up... I'll show you around while I try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Come on up... I'll show you around while I try to keep up.

Looking forward to it.

That's a very fine weather and wonderful landscape! Nice TR