Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 170
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,250
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    If I die on a run in or in a bowl, they better name the thing after me, not just a fucking tree.
    CS2-6 would be a stupid name for a run.


    My combination Hotronics + GPS ankle monitor for parolees may be just the thing for this. Sending letter to Hotronics.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    29,895
    Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    a week-long, solo mission.
    The first Chinaman to ski the back bowls at Vail hardly counts as a "mission".
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,250
    perhaps he was Mormon?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    29,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    perhaps he was Mormon?
    A Chinamorm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Missoula DMV
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    A Chinamorm?
    Latter-Day Maoist

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,286
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The first Chinaman to ski the back bowls at Vail hardly counts as a "mission".
    Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature, dude.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,658
    It might be here, he wasn't Asian American.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,250
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Latter-Day Maoist


    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature, dude.
    Yeah Brit, you sexist bastard. It's Chinaperson now.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post




    Yeah Brit, you sexist bastard. It's Chinaperson now.
    He obviously identified CIS ( Chinese Independent Skier)

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,286
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It might be here, he wasn't Asian American.
    yeah, well, that's just, like, you know, your opinion, man.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Frantically crawling out of the backseat
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    CS2-6 would be a stupid name for a run.
    Oh yeah, no doubt. I mean, "CS2-6" is even a stupid name for a forum handle; let alone a run, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, well, that's just, like, you know, your opinion, man.
    Hell, I can get ya a lost skier by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Hereís the dumbest person on tgr
    "If you don't got Olin, then your store could use some fixin'"

  12. #112
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    515
    How do you know Shangri-La? Vail SAR declined to tell me that detail because it was still under investigation.

    All of the jokes might seem funny, but I skied with Chen a few days before he went missing and I feel awful about this. We were both staying at the Bunkhouse (I did not know him before) and we did a few runs together and he followed me on the traverse out to Rasputin and we did a few runs. He went back out there on a later date and never came back. I spent a good deal of time on the phone with the Eagle County Sheriff, Vail Patrol, and finally Vail SAR to help them narrow down their search and I provided some photos of him in ski gear. I really hoped he had bailed on his life in China and was working at a bar in Vegas or something.
    This is gnawing at me. It was inbounds and on the map and open, but still...
    Chen was a good guy and bought me a few beers and we had some laughs. I am really sorry.
    I do ski trees and side country alone. I skied Shangri La solo countless times. Chen was a pretty good skier. I would really like to know what happened.
    I carry a Garmin Inreach mini even inbounds now. Wont save me if I hit my head or get stuck in a treewell, but might save me in some situation.

    To the people with condolences and positive vibes: you get it. I really hope he did not suffer, but went painlessly. He died skiing, doing what he really loved.
    To the people making jokes: this guy died. Dead. He had a family and friends. Think about it. Lots of people in SAR, patrol and law enforcement put out a huge effort. I like joking around, but have some respect.

    If you have ever had a ski buddy die skiing... it's weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    On Shangri-la.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,130
    Damn, sorry J.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,811
    Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    How do you know Shangri-La? Vail SAR declined to tell me that detail because it was still under investigation.

    All of the jokes might seem funny, but I skied with Chen a few days before he went missing and I feel awful about this. We were both staying at the Bunkhouse (I did not know him before) and we did a few runs together and he followed me on the traverse out to Rasputin and we did a few runs. He went back out there on a later date and never came back. I spent a good deal of time on the phone with the Eagle County Sheriff, Vail Patrol, and finally Vail SAR to help them narrow down their search and I provided some photos of him in ski gear. I really hoped he had bailed on his life in China and was working at a bar in Vegas or something.
    This is gnawing at me. It was inbounds and on the map and open, but still...
    Chen was a good guy and bought me a few beers and we had some laughs. I am really sorry.
    I do ski trees and side country alone. I skied Shangri La solo countless times. Chen was a pretty good skier. I would really like to know what happened.
    I carry a Garmin Inreach mini even inbounds now. Wont save me if I hit my head or get stuck in a treewell, but might save me in some situation.

    To the people with condolences and positive vibes: you get it. I really hope he did not suffer, but went painlessly. He died skiing, doing what he really loved.
    To the people making jokes: this guy died. Dead. He had a family and friends. Think about it. Lots of people in SAR, patrol and law enforcement put out a huge effort. I like joking around, but have some respect.

    If you have ever had a ski buddy die skiing... it's weird.
    I made a tasteless joke about some young people who had been murdered and people ripped me a new one, deservedly, but I guess some people think it's ok because the guy was Chinese. I've lost a close friend climbing and a close friend in the Revelstoke avalanche; I think many if not most on this forum could say the same thing and wouldn't want their friend joked about. Thanks for your post.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,284
    Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    How do you know Shangri-La? Vail SAR declined to tell me that detail because it was still under investigation.

    All of the jokes might seem funny, but I skied with Chen a few days before he went missing and I feel awful about this. We were both staying at the Bunkhouse (I did not know him before) and we did a few runs together and he followed me on the traverse out to Rasputin and we did a few runs. He went back out there on a later date and never came back. I spent a good deal of time on the phone with the Eagle County Sheriff, Vail Patrol, and finally Vail SAR to help them narrow down their search and I provided some photos of him in ski gear. I really hoped he had bailed on his life in China and was working at a bar in Vegas or something.
    This is gnawing at me. It was inbounds and on the map and open, but still...
    Chen was a good guy and bought me a few beers and we had some laughs. I am really sorry.
    I do ski trees and side country alone. I skied Shangri La solo countless times. Chen was a pretty good skier. I would really like to know what happened.
    I carry a Garmin Inreach mini even inbounds now. Wont save me if I hit my head or get stuck in a treewell, but might save me in some situation.

    To the people with condolences and positive vibes: you get it. I really hope he did not suffer, but went painlessly. He died skiing, doing what he really loved.
    To the people making jokes: this guy died. Dead. He had a family and friends. Think about it. Lots of people in SAR, patrol and law enforcement put out a huge effort. I like joking around, but have some respect.

    If you have ever had a ski buddy die skiing... it's weird.
    Thanks for the additional info. Agree, jokes were over the line. Guilty as charged..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,722
    Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    How do you know Shangri-La? Vail SAR declined to tell me that detail because it was still under investigation.

    All of the jokes might seem funny, but I skied with Chen a few days before he went missing and I feel awful about this. We were both staying at the Bunkhouse (I did not know him before) and we did a few runs together and he followed me on the traverse out to Rasputin and we did a few runs. He went back out there on a later date and never came back. I spent a good deal of time on the phone with the Eagle County Sheriff, Vail Patrol, and finally Vail SAR to help them narrow down their search and I provided some photos of him in ski gear. I really hoped he had bailed on his life in China and was working at a bar in Vegas or something.
    This is gnawing at me. It was inbounds and on the map and open, but still...
    Chen was a good guy and bought me a few beers and we had some laughs. I am really sorry.
    I do ski trees and side country alone. I skied Shangri La solo countless times. Chen was a pretty good skier. I would really like to know what happened.
    I carry a Garmin Inreach mini even inbounds now. Wont save me if I hit my head or get stuck in a treewell, but might save me in some situation.

    To the people with condolences and positive vibes: you get it. I really hope he did not suffer, but went painlessly. He died skiing, doing what he really loved.
    To the people making jokes: this guy died. Dead. He had a family and friends. Think about it. Lots of people in SAR, patrol and law enforcement put out a huge effort. I like joking around, but have some respect.

    If you have ever had a ski buddy die skiing... it's weird.
    Man, tough situation. Be certain that itís not your fault. He made a choice to go wherever alone and probably would have whether you showed him around or not.

    And makes one think about all those times we all ski alone. Hell even when skiing with friends I might be 40 yards to the right or left in the trees...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,286
    jhyatt, sorry for your loss.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,625
    Sorry bud, Shangri-la was a joke. If you have skied any considerable time, friends dying is pretty normal. I've got a wall of newspaper obits at my place.

    Harden the fuck up and don't fuck up. Sorry about your new bunk buddy. I bet he had a heart attack and was out quick.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,658
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    If you have skied any considerable time, friends dying is pretty normal. I've got a wall of newspaper obits at my place.

    Harden the fuck up and don't fuck up. Sorry about your new bunk buddy. I bet he had a heart attack and was out quick.
    Was about to post something very similar, but well said. Comes with the territory.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,283
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Was about to post something very similar, but well said. Comes with the territory.
    Risk of death might be on the back of the lift ticket, but I don't know anyone that has ever died riding lifts, thankfully.

    Vibes to fallen skier, friends, and loved ones. Thanks to JHyatt and CaliforniaGrown for pointing out the fact that we lost a member of a tribe, not a foreign national deserving of degradation over his misfortune.

    And Benny, absolutely nobody calls it 'Fort Ree' get a clue.
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,250
    I apologize if I offended anyone as well. I blame Brit .

    That said, if I die in any of the back or front bowls, feel free to have a laugh or two at my expense. Once my wife and family get over the initial shock, I expect the same. Celebrate life, and don't mourn death or beat yourself up with "if only's."

    Peace Chen.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    29,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I apologize if I offended anyone as well. I blame Brit
    I'm offended by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Splat's Garage
    Posts
    3,296
    He was found in the aspen trees near Apres Vous........

    Not joking.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Frantically crawling out of the backseat
    Posts
    357
    The joking in this thread has got to be some kind of psychological coping strategy, a lot like Gallows Humor. After all, if there's a population of individuals most likely to bonk our heads and wind up dead in the back/side-country, it's gotta be Maggots.

    Except me. Dumbass Texans who die on mogul runs are usually found pretty quickly.

    Anyway, sorry if any joke I made offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Hereís the dumbest person on tgr
    "If you don't got Olin, then your store could use some fixin'"

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,259
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Risk of death might be on the back of the lift ticket, but I don't know anyone that has ever died riding lifts, thankfully.

    Vibes to fallen skier, friends, and loved ones. Thanks to JHyatt and CaliforniaGrown for pointing out the fact that we lost a member of a tribe, not a foreign national deserving of degradation over his misfortune.

    And Benny, absolutely nobody calls it 'Fort Ree' get a clue.
    I do.

    Besides, why do you think there's always a traffic problem over there?

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •