Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 128
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canadian Rockies
    Posts
    1,080
    Snow is getting "fast" Need some more soon. Still early for having this much terrain open.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191121_191143_245.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	548.2 KB 
ID:	303307

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Bow summit area and across the road will be fine - lots of people have been skiing around there in the past few weeks and coverage seems pretty good. I last skied there at the end of October and it was easy enough to dodge the sharks then so you'll be fine now (with the caveat that it's the Rockies so there will always be some rocks). The avi conditions have been touchy in the immediate Lake Louise area with quite a few slides in yet-to-be-opened resort terrain and a special mention in a recent bulletin.
    Sounds good, thanks. I'll keep my eyes on the avy bulletin. We'd likely be keeping it pretty mellow regardless.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,354
    lower ER5 opened today. amazing how much terrain is open already.

    "exceeded expectations"


  4. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kootenays
    Posts
    312
    Anyone want to tour castle this weekend, get up high? Pm me! Also fernie, Kootenay pass and whitewater soon; anytime

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Jasper, AB
    Posts
    7
    Marmot had a fresh 13cm this morning and was snowing up till noon - sweet turns today!

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    panhandle locdog
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    Anyone want to tour castle this weekend, get up high? Pm me! Also fernie, Kootenay pass and whitewater soon; anytime
    Might be interested in meeting you at Kootenay Pass next weekend, Iíll be driving up from the yankee side of the border

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canadian Rockies
    Posts
    1,080
    Great day at the Lake today! Nice to get some real Rockies pow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191125_094415_951.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	303656Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191125_094415_955.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	303657

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    389
    When did we start letting Jasper people ski here? Standards at the Lake are really going downhill!�� Let me know when you are passing through again and we'll get out for some turns.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kootenays
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Might be interested in meeting you at Kootenay Pass next weekend, Iíll be driving up from the yankee side of the border
    Nice pm me I may go back, was just there and riding some pow, though some steep parts had a real crust there was a decent base. Kinda seems like Nelson folk don't hit it much as whitewater touring is close, but people come from all over and there is some rad skiing and snow...

    Also just throwing it out there, anyone selling a cheap 100-105width 185ish setup with dukes or any binding like that for my friend, or a pair of dukes/guardians etc. for me?


    \\\\\\thanks!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    3cm in am turned to Rain and plus 3 yesterday in the village at Pano.
    Plus 7 in town

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Well that sux. Just signed up for a ski program opening weekend. Ice wonít be any fun at all, though opening weekend is usually pretty crunchy.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    582
    -20 today in the village and a bazillion teenage ski racers running around. No precipitation

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    71
    My family and I usually hit Tahoe but we decided to use our Ikon passes for our first runs of the season at Lake Louise. We felt like we hit the jackpot with so much open and 6.5" of fresh snow last Sunday. The backside was pretty nonstop fresh pow (even though the low tide sharks were out). 1.5 minutes of the fun:


  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The great white north eh
    Posts
    150
    Those sharks never really go away. Thatís why they call them the Rockies.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary/Golden
    Posts
    5,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    Nice pm me I may go back, was just there and riding some pow, though some steep parts had a real crust there was a decent base. Kinda seems like Nelson folk don't hit it much as whitewater touring is close, but people come from all over and there is some rad skiing and snow...

    Also just throwing it out there, anyone selling a cheap 100-105width 185ish setup with dukes or any binding like that for my friend, or a pair of dukes/guardians etc. for me?


    \\\\\\thanks!
    Iíve got a pair of 187 Head KORE 115s and a pair 186 Blizzard Gunsmokes.
    Smokes have STH2 bindings, but I could sell flat.
    Iíve got a loose pair of Dukes I could throw in with either pair of skis.


    Sent from inside the house
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

    Kaz is my co-pilot

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    95
    Any info on if Sunshine or the Lake looking better this weekend for a day on the hill?

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,354
    Quote Originally Posted by oetk2 View Post
    Any info on if Sunshine or the Lake looking better this weekend for a day on the hill?

    LL I would think. have not been to SSV in a week+


  17. #117
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Exiled from Maine
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191125_094415_955.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	303657
    Is that the platter? Never noticed that sign but have had to dodge a few ejectees near the summit.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    LL I would think. have not been to SSV in a week+
    Ended up at SSV. Sunny and -10. Not a ton of terrain skiable but good for early season.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,354

    2019/2020 CANADIAN ROCKIES THREAD

    I was working some of the WC this week in LL. Cold mornings, but so pretty.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2422.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	826.9 KB 
ID:	304590

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2420.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	304591

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2419.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	304592


  20. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    69
    Hey All. The wife and I are looking to take a Canadia ski-cation mid January (driving from MT). We are looking to base near a resort with good side country and some pure backcountry (and a hot springs relatively near). Right now Nelson/Whitewater is at the top of the list. Hoping you all may have some recommendations of other locations. Appreciated any input.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,430
    BC interior thread for kootenays
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,354
    Quote Originally Posted by caruzo406 View Post
    Hey All. The wife and I are looking to take a Canadia ski-cation mid January (driving from MT). We are looking to base near a resort with good side country and some pure backcountry (and a hot springs relatively near). Right now Nelson/Whitewater is at the top of the list. Hoping you all may have some recommendations of other locations. Appreciated any input.

    nelson (unless it rains, then freezes)


  23. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    582
    Plus 2 and Raining in the village this morning. Global fat bike weekend in Invermere should have great conditions.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    33
    Not sure about hot springs, but Golden is a decent base close to the Rockies.

    Kicking Horse has some nice side-country, and you are close (enough) to Rogers Pass, Lake Louise/Kicking Horse Pass, and 93N for pure backcountry.

    Nelson might be a bit easier in terms of access, and will likely get more snow, but it is tough to beat a high pressure day in the Rockies....even if the snow isn't deep.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Jasper, AB
    Posts
    7
    12 cm fresh at Marmot this morning with snow all morning - lots of good laps, stoke was high from the locals - hill is shaping up nicely and continued snow in forecast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •