Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Holy shit dude... then don't get the app.

It's a little invasive but nearly as bad as what you've suggested.

I haven't got the app yet but if I do I'll let you know if they ask for my first born or not.

Edit to add: if you think the government wants that information and they'd wait until to download an app to do it, I don't know what to tell you.

If they're that overbearing they already have all that information already.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Its not the government I would be worried about. Its Russian hackers that specialize in cyber crimes you should be concerned about. Creating a data sharing portal on your personal device is a really bad idea....

Lots of travellers in the valley this weekend. Trailheads full of cars, campers with quads and dirt bikes scattered around the bush and golf courses open but yet Provincial parks/rec sites are closed.
    Parks say they don't want travellers to overwhelm small communities by opening.... or maybe it's just better for their budget to not open and pay staff?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

For those looking at moving here, times are tight, but if you have in demand skills, you may find a role.

Some here have made ill thought out comments on oil and the business that supports a lot of the Alberta, and by extension, Canadian economy. Trudeau, and his finance minister are morons. Thru and through. That being said, previous provincial governments have spent like drunken sailors and are equally to blame. However the province has been in a tough situation since 2014/15.

Trudeau supported one pipe after killing Northern Gateway, and he was pushed into a very bad decision on that.

One thing about Calgary and Albertans. They are generally young and optimistic. They loathe handouts, they only want the ability to get to work. Oil and gas is a high beta business and we realize that. This downturn is as bad, possibly worse than the NEP in the 80’s, but we survived that and will survive this.

But this won’t be easy. A lot of companies are going bankrupt. It will take time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

There are some big messes left by back country squatters from the weekend. Garbage, piles of shit and toilet paper all over the easy to get to spots and It's only going to get worse.

Thank you Alberta and BC governments for the closures of city people friendly facilities and sending the masses to the back country.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post

Some here have made ill thought out comments on oil and the business that supports a lot of the Alberta, and by extension, Canadian economy. Trudeau, and his finance minister are morons. Thru and through. That being said, previous provincial governments have spent like drunken sailors and are equally to blame. However the province has been in a tough situation since 2014/15.

Trudeau supported one pipe after killing Northern Gateway, and he was pushed into a very bad decision on that.
    the real problem for Northern gateway was and still is unsettled land claims in BC
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the real problem for Northern gateway was and still is unsettled land claims in BC
    Well, that's one of the real problems...
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    There are some big messes left by back country squatters from the weekend. Garbage, piles of shit and toilet paper all over the easy to get to spots and It's only going to get worse.

Thank you Alberta and BC governments for the closures of city people friendly facilities and sending the masses to the back country.

Sorry to hear about that. Who were the offending parties? Mountain bikers? Off road users? Yahoos just camping? All of the above? Sadly, you’re probably right about things about to get worse, especially with the long weekend coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. Who were the offending parties? Mountain bikers? Off road users? Yahoos just camping? All of the above? Sadly, you’re probably right about things about to get worse, especially with the long weekend coming up.
    All of the above

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    All of the above

Just saw the "National Park for Terrible People" on Outside Online, maybe you can print it and post it around all the trail heads:

https://www.outsideonline.com/232181...errible-people

Please Feed the Animals
    Disregard the fact that we’ve clearly established that candy bars and Cool Ranch Doritos wreak havoc on the human body. They’re fine for wild animals that have never been evolutionarily exposed to processed foods or sugar. Don’t just hand over the snacks, though. You have to make them work for it. Get the most out of that $1.79 bag of pizza-flavored Combos by dangling it torturously in front of the animal of your choosing until you’ve lured them into perfect selfie position. This strategy works for birds, squirrels, deer, marmots, chipmunks, elk, moose, and bears, but sadly, not wolves. If you want a wolf selfie, we recommend dipping yourself in a vat of raw meat and wrapping a string of entrails around your neck before heading into the woods.

Do Deface the Landscape
    As you wander into the beauty and wonder of nature, you might reach a point at which you gaze out onto the landscape and think, Why isn’t my name on any of this? All those bare rock formations and unmarred tree trunks are just begging to be graced with your artistic vision. After all, if a tree falls in a forest and your name isn’t on it, were you ever really there?
    Some of these natural features have existed in pristine condition for thousands of years, but that’s just because no one as special as you has ever come along to improve them. Please be sure that when you paint your favorite quote from Entourage or your declaration that “Brent wuz here” on a magnificent rock face formed by eons of erosion, you use permanent acrylic paint so nothing will remove it.

Litter at Will
    No natural landscape is complete without garbage. Otherwise, we might look out over the rolling hills and resplendent valleys and think they’ve been untouched by the hand of man. We urge you to litter so we can all look out upon the spectacular scenery and see the comforting sight of a plastic bag telling us to “Have a Nice Day” from the branches of a tree or, at the very least, an adorable ground squirrel making its nest inside a dirty diaper.
    So, please, consider our national park your trash can or, in the case of RV campers, your personal sewage dump. Extra points if something you throw away becomes irreversibly tangled around the head of a rare, indigenous animal!

Trample the Vegetation
    If the plants didn’t want to be walked on, they shouldn’t have grown in your way. Don’t worry about the fact that their roots are holding together the very ground you stand upon, preventing dangerous erosion and potentially catastrophic mudslides. Everyone knows mudslides are fun. That’s why they named an ice cream sundae after them.

We know some science suggests that healthy vegetation is part of a delicate ecosystem and that disrupting it can have damaging repercussions up and down the food chain, but who cares? The only food chain we care about serves hamburgers and doesn’t have a single plant on the menu. You can find several of these refreshment stations scattered throughout the park. Our flagship restaurant can be located inside a giant sequoia we killed and hollowed out for your dining pleasure.

Disregard Fire Safety
    Please make a fire regardless of the day’s fire danger rating. The bigger the better. Your taxes pay for this park to be protected, so you have every right to turn as much of it into a blazing inferno as you see fit. We encourage you to bring fireworks, excessive amounts of lighter fluid, and plenty of lit cigarette butts that you can flick into the dry underbrush. If a semi-clothed talking bear approaches you, wishing to discuss fire safety, we recommend launching a Roman candle at it, as we find talking bears to be both unnatural and patronizing.

Take Whatever You Want
    It has come to our attention in recent years that the worst part of vacationing in nature is that it lacks a gift shop. That’s why we allow guests to take whatever they find out on the trail. If you find yourself admiring the rocks, plants, or wildlife, please go ahead and take them home with you. If you find fossils, arrowheads, pottery shards, or any other artifacts of historical or cultural significance, feel free to take those, too. They’re probably clues to our mysterious collective human history, which should be carefully studied and preserved for the education of generations to come, but we know an object like that will mean so much more to you once you figure out how to turn it into a decorative lamp, necklace, or keychain. It’s what our ancestors would have wanted.

Ignore All Official Signage
    Please stop reading this sign. We only put up signs so guests have a place to share their phallic design skills with the world. Besides, the only rule you need to remember at the National Park for Terrible People is this: Leave it worse than you found it.

Anyone thinking of getting out for a ski this May?

Conditions are looking a lot more like April then May from recent years.

Conditions are still fat in K-Country and people are getting after it. Should be good for a week or so if you get a good overnight freeze.

It likely snowed most of yesterday/last night in k country.. Rain line was likely 2300m though. Not skiing for a month and finally hitting the bike trails I've lost my skiing mojo. Put the sled away last week.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

sounds like SSV has announced a cheaper pass for next year. Odds are LL, skibig3 and passport will match

https://www.skibig3.com/season-passes/

Adult (18-64) 19/20 $ 1,729 renew $ 1,429 full price: $ 2,374

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    except playing hard... I'm too old for that. I'd just like to play a little.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    That should be part of my signature
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Had a nice ski on the french-haig-robertson last Saturday. More for exercise and views than turns, but Robertson was alright.

Looks like it will get cold enough tonight for a ski tomorrow morning. I hope so, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
    ...on the french-haig-robertson
    Nice to hear it's still a thing.
    Relatively low post count.

Busier than ever/ more ski tourers/ less skill/ fatter skis/better bindings/ more sell out guide books/ Internet forums...etc. I just stealth these days to preserve my zones- always wear full camo, park backwards and upside down, put skin track up opposite face ur going, carry snow blower to cover tracks and of course set impossible user un friendly uphill track to detour the weak!!

The hills r alive and they r Alive with the followers... trust nobody-ur secret zone is not safe! French/haig/Robertson is not a thing it’s a mogul field!!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Busier than ever/ more ski tourers/ less skill/ fatter skis/better bindings/ more sell out guide books/ Internet forums...etc. I just stealth these days to preserve my zones- always wear full camo, park backwards and upside down, put skin track up opposite face ur going, carry snow blower to cover tracks and of course set impossible user un friendly uphill track to detour the weak!!

The hills r alive and they r Alive with the followers... trust nobody-ur secret zone is not safe! French/haig/Robertson is not a thing it’s a mogul field!!
    damn kids, get off my slope!

...always wear full camo, park backwards and upside down, put skin track up opposite face ur going, carry snow blower to cover tracks and of course set impossible user un friendly uphill track to detour the weak!!
    Dang, I shoulda done that back when I became the first human to discover the Tryst Lake Chutes.

Relatively low post count.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post
    Dang, I shoulda done that back when I became the first human to discover the Tryst Lake Chutes.

When I first started going to tryst back in 98 our tracks would still be the only ones weeks later when we came back...

Just got off French glacier- parking lot full- 40-50+ Ski tourers around col area....freaking zoo....no social distancing happening- backcountry is like Flys on poop....

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post

Ps- I utilize ur sharky zone these days to get away from the crowds-

Got a few Area 51 zones up spray but I can’t mention anything in fear of the Mec warriors infiltrating!

Ps- I utilize ur sharky zone these days to get away from the crowds-

Got a few Area 51 zones up spray but I can’t mention anything in fear of the Mec warriors infiltrating!
    Pics or they haven’t happened...

Ha, way to keep them off the mec radar. I was working on 93N today and Hilda lot had ~15 vehicles and multi person groups. Probably the busiest I’ve ever seen that parking lot.

Busy weekend again out there. At least dozen people camped in the zone we were in plus another 20 daytrippers. Hopefully this isn't the new norm.

Skiing still great at elevation and still touring from the parking lot in K-country! Amazing weekend to be out in the mountains!

Anyone have any recent beta on the national parks and ski touring? I know they say it’s closed but it sounds like people are out everywhere. Any info would be appreciated! Thx
    Last edited by teamdirt; 05-18-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    That is effing ignerant.

Had to check out our Pano cabin after 8 weeks away. Drive out Sat, arrived 5 PM, grilled steak and tater dinner, bottle of wine in the deck, and headed home next day after doing a bunch of changeover and chores. Glorious night Sat. I sat outside with wine and cigar until 10:30.

A lot of the mountain businesses are closed. The Cabin bar isn’t even opening until the ski season now. But some services opening. Take out food, etc.

Headed home Sunday afternoon. Hadn’t brought out a full breakfast and was banking on A&W being open, but it wasn’t. So Timmy sandwich in car. Lots of Alberta plates there this weekend.

Sunday, driving past Lake Lillian, you’d never know there was a pandemic. The inner lot was packed, as was the roadside lot with overflow. Distancing? Nope.

The mayor and Invermere town council keep sending emails asking folks to stay away. I get notices from golf courses to “come play”. They need to get a consistent message out. Businesses need to survive. The hospital needs to not be overwhelmed. However reality is that if I got sick last Saturday, I am driving to Calgary for care. As would most.

We have kept a lid on this thing so far. Now we need to ensure ways with limited contact and some restrictions, we can allow this world to start functioning again in a fashion.

But those ignorant add homes need to be taught a lesson.
    Using Tapatalk