Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Going to be skiing Fernie with the family after Christmas. Anybody care to recommend a couple good dinner places? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Going to be skiing Fernie with the family after Christmas. Anybody care to recommend a couple good dinner places? Thanks.
    The Curry Bowl on the highway, and the Himalayan Spice Cafe downtown are both great. Curry Bowl is small, so plan accordingly.

2yr old info, but enjoyed our dinner at Nevados downtown.

Big Bang Bagels for breakfast sandwiches, downtown and on the hill locations.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The Curry Bowl on the highway, and the Himalayan Spice Cafe downtown are both great. Curry Bowl is small, so plan accordingly.
    Curry Bowl is unreal! The coconut shrimp curry is my fav

Another vote for Curry Bowl, it's excellent. They have an upstairs area for customers to have a beer/cocktail/wine while you wait for your table.

A butcher shop called Back Country Meats and Sausage has very good smoked ribs on Fridays. But you should call ahead and try to reserve as much as you need before they run out.

Never been, but I've heard Yamagoya Sushi is outstanding.

Big Bang Bagels has excellent sandwiches.

http://www.ferniestanfordresort.com/...ill-restaurant

yes, in the hotel with the waterslide. its good.

Have been to yamagoya Sushi. The place is great. Super busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    2yr old info, but enjoyed our dinner at Nevados downtown.

Big Bang Bagels for breakfast sandwiches, downtown and on the hill locations.
    Fyi big bang bagels doesn't offer to go cups anymore, at least not downtown... unless you have your own to-go cup you need to buy one of theirs and they give you most of that "deposit" back if you return the cup.

Not useful if you don't live in town.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shorty_J; 12-17-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Thanks for the recommendations all. Much appreciated!

Surprisingly good at the Lake today. Chalky buff on most of the backside. Light snow and wind pushing things into the back as I left at closing so tomorrow should be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    A balmy -19 in the village this morning and No precipitation all weekend....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Work weekend at the cabin, but got out at 10 on Sunday for a few laps, testing some Mantra M5’s.

Groomers are grippy. Not a lot of early season boilerplate, I am guessing because the Nor-Ams didn’t happen. Fritz’s is great cruising.

The M5’s were pretty solid on the groom. First comes new boots then the Mantras.

Sounds like the Summit is opening this weekend. Gotta think it will be sketchy.

Attended the homeowners info meeting on Saturday. Interesting note, last season the base had 140+ cm at the base opening weekend. The previous year, 120. Average is 80, where we basically are this year. We noticed it driving up to the cabin this weekend. 2 good years can spoil one....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

6cm at Fernie and looking like more Thus/Fri

Anyone able to comment on how Fernie’s skiing? Probably going there Thursday after opening day tomorrow at Kimbo on one run.

Skied KH the last two days with DougW and good base for the new snow that’s coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Anyone able to comment on how Fernie’s skiing? Probably going there Thursday after opening day tomorrow at Kimbo on one run.

Skied KH the last two days with DougW and good base for the new snow that’s coming.
    It was skiing well Thursday through Saturday... some new snow to refresh each morning and they kept getting new terrain open.

If the forecasted snow keeps up it should be good, but the alder bashing and narrow choke points to exit the bowls are a little miserable.

Not sure what the status of runs is now but they didn't open all the terrain in Currie or Cedar bowl and if you're lucky enough to be around when that happens you should be very happy.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

It’s all about perspective, considering 10 days ago it was pouring rain at the base I would say Fenie is skiing very good on the upper mountain. Twiggy off piste but still pretty soft, however some of the high traffic areas are beginning to get icy. For what it’s worth I can’t say I’ve hit any rocks and I’ve been adventurous.
    Last edited by Dr.Evil; 12-18-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Work weekend at the cabin, but got out at 10 on Sunday for a few laps, testing some Mantra M5’s.

Groomers are grippy. Not a lot of early season boilerplate, I am guessing because the Nor-Ams didn’t happen. Fritz’s is great cruising.

The M5’s were pretty solid on the groom. First comes new boots then the Mantras.

Sounds like the Summit is opening this weekend. Gotta think it will be sketchy.

Attended the homeowners info meeting on Saturday. Interesting note, last season the base had 140+ cm at the base opening weekend. The previous year, 120. Average is 80, where we basically are this year. We noticed it driving up to the cabin this weekend. 2 good years can spoil one....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That 80cms is really deceiving, I've recorded about 30cms total snowfall in the village including today's 3cms. There will be really low coverage anywhere there isn't snow making. Hopefully the forecast comes through this weekend and things will be closer to the norm.

The backcountry is a little better but also way low.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    It’s all about perspective, considering 10 days ago it was pouring rain at the base I would say Fenie is skiing very good on the upper mountain. Twiggy off piste but still pretty soft, however some of the high traffic areas are beginning to get icy. For what it’s worth I can’t say I’ve hit any rocks and I’ve been adventures.
    Thanks, Dr. E. My perspective is based on coming back from a month in Whistler where I had fun with its 60 cm total snowfall. So Fernie conditions sound good to me.

Head Spokane as a starting point to chase storms January 11-21 any recommendations on cheap places to stay and eat around Fernie, Kicking Horse/Golden, Revelstoke, Red Mountain, Whitewater, maybe even Castle or LL/SSV? Any info would be awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Leftyt View Post
    Head Spokane as a starting point to chase storms January 11-21 any recommendations on cheap places to stay and eat around Fernie, Kicking Horse/Golden, Revelstoke, Red Mountain, Whitewater, maybe even Castle or LL/SSV? Any info would be awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've got a place on the hill in Kimberley for rent... pm me if interested.

Think Fernie will be worth skiing this weekend? Looks like they could get a decent amount of snow or rain..

Quote Originally Posted by pfj View Post
    Think Fernie will be worth skiing this weekend? Looks like they could get a decent amount of snow or rain..
    Yes, it will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I'm no local but Fernie Pizza Shoppe delivered up a worthy pie in a couple of occasions.

K Ho slack N S an W skiing decent for the amount of snow we have. Hopefully this storm delivers!

Hmmm, 30 cm at Fernie but how high will the freezing level go during the day?

Hmmm, 30 cm at Fernie but how high will the freezing level go during the day?
    If you don't go...

You just won't know.