Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Snow is getting "fast" Need some more soon. Still early for having this much terrain open.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191121_191143_245.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	548.2 KB 
ID:	303307

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Bow summit area and across the road will be fine - lots of people have been skiing around there in the past few weeks and coverage seems pretty good. I last skied there at the end of October and it was easy enough to dodge the sharks then so you'll be fine now (with the caveat that it's the Rockies so there will always be some rocks). The avi conditions have been touchy in the immediate Lake Louise area with quite a few slides in yet-to-be-opened resort terrain and a special mention in a recent bulletin.
    Sounds good, thanks. I'll keep my eyes on the avy bulletin. We'd likely be keeping it pretty mellow regardless.

lower ER5 opened today. amazing how much terrain is open already.

"exceeded expectations"

Anyone want to tour castle this weekend, get up high? Pm me! Also fernie, Kootenay pass and whitewater soon; anytime

Marmot had a fresh 13cm this morning and was snowing up till noon - sweet turns today!

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    Anyone want to tour castle this weekend, get up high? Pm me! Also fernie, Kootenay pass and whitewater soon; anytime
    Might be interested in meeting you at Kootenay Pass next weekend, I’ll be driving up from the yankee side of the border

Great day at the Lake today! Nice to get some real Rockies pow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191125_094415_951.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	303656Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191125_094415_955.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	303657

When did we start letting Jasper people ski here? Standards at the Lake are really going downhill!�� Let me know when you are passing through again and we'll get out for some turns.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Might be interested in meeting you at Kootenay Pass next weekend, I’ll be driving up from the yankee side of the border
    Nice pm me I may go back, was just there and riding some pow, though some steep parts had a real crust there was a decent base. Kinda seems like Nelson folk don't hit it much as whitewater touring is close, but people come from all over and there is some rad skiing and snow...

Also just throwing it out there, anyone selling a cheap 100-105width 185ish setup with dukes or any binding like that for my friend, or a pair of dukes/guardians etc. for me?

\\\\\\thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    3cm in am turned to Rain and plus 3 yesterday in the village at Pano.
    Plus 7 in town

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Well that sux. Just signed up for a ski program opening weekend. Ice won’t be any fun at all, though opening weekend is usually pretty crunchy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

-20 today in the village and a bazillion teenage ski racers running around. No precipitation

My family and I usually hit Tahoe but we decided to use our Ikon passes for our first runs of the season at Lake Louise. We felt like we hit the jackpot with so much open and 6.5" of fresh snow last Sunday. The backside was pretty nonstop fresh pow (even though the low tide sharks were out). 1.5 minutes of the fun:

Those sharks never really go away. That’s why they call them the Rockies.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    Nice pm me I may go back, was just there and riding some pow, though some steep parts had a real crust there was a decent base. Kinda seems like Nelson folk don't hit it much as whitewater touring is close, but people come from all over and there is some rad skiing and snow...

Also just throwing it out there, anyone selling a cheap 100-105width 185ish setup with dukes or any binding like that for my friend, or a pair of dukes/guardians etc. for me?

\\\\\\thanks!
    I’ve got a pair of 187 Head KORE 115s and a pair 186 Blizzard Gunsmokes.
    Smokes have STH2 bindings, but I could sell flat.
    I’ve got a loose pair of Dukes I could throw in with either pair of skis.

Sent from inside the house
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Any info on if Sunshine or the Lake looking better this weekend for a day on the hill?

Quote Originally Posted by oetk2 View Post
    Any info on if Sunshine or the Lake looking better this weekend for a day on the hill?

LL I would think. have not been to SSV in a week+

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post

Name:	IMG_20191125_094415_955.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	303657
    Is that the platter? Never noticed that sign but have had to dodge a few ejectees near the summit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    LL I would think. have not been to SSV in a week+
    Ended up at SSV. Sunny and -10. Not a ton of terrain skiable but good for early season.

2019/2020 CANADIAN ROCKIES THREAD

I was working some of the WC this week in LL. Cold mornings, but so pretty.

Name:	IMG_2422.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	826.9 KB 
ID:	304590

Name:	IMG_2420.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	304591

Name:	IMG_2419.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	304592

Hey All. The wife and I are looking to take a Canadia ski-cation mid January (driving from MT). We are looking to base near a resort with good side country and some pure backcountry (and a hot springs relatively near). Right now Nelson/Whitewater is at the top of the list. Hoping you all may have some recommendations of other locations. Appreciated any input.

BC interior thread for kootenays
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by caruzo406 View Post
    Hey All. The wife and I are looking to take a Canadia ski-cation mid January (driving from MT). We are looking to base near a resort with good side country and some pure backcountry (and a hot springs relatively near). Right now Nelson/Whitewater is at the top of the list. Hoping you all may have some recommendations of other locations. Appreciated any input.

nelson (unless it rains, then freezes)

Plus 2 and Raining in the village this morning. Global fat bike weekend in Invermere should have great conditions.

Not sure about hot springs, but Golden is a decent base close to the Rockies.

Kicking Horse has some nice side-country, and you are close (enough) to Rogers Pass, Lake Louise/Kicking Horse Pass, and 93N for pure backcountry.

Nelson might be a bit easier in terms of access, and will likely get more snow, but it is tough to beat a high pressure day in the Rockies....even if the snow isn't deep.

12 cm fresh at Marmot this morning with snow all morning - lots of good laps, stoke was high from the locals - hill is shaping up nicely and continued snow in forecast