Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    This is the lot I'm referring too, not going to shovel it as it hasn't been done all season by the looks of it. 4' frozen wall of brown.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Ah i see. Thatd be a bit of shoveling to get in there. Probably a good year for that stuff. Not the typical dacets to ground. Surprised they havent pushed out the little road side widespot with the rock wall. Used that when we went to the pass on the otherside of the highway

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Hopefully the freezing levels stay down with this upcoming storm! It is looking like rain to at least the top of the Pioneer at KHo.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    Hopefully the freezing levels stay down with this upcoming storm! It is looking like rain to at least the top of the Pioneer at KHo.
    I'll be there to check it out.

Snow forecast is calling for rain at lower elevations but the forecast on the KH snow report page is suggesting snow to the village.

We'll see.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

LL might be the best/safest call in this storm.

high enough for no rain, but more trees than SSV

^^^ yeah maybe... but 74km wind gusts forecast for louise tomorrow.

Even 59km gusts at KH. Anyone know what wind level the shit the gondy down?

This is a tough storm to peg.

face shots top to bottom. Snowing sideways at base of khorse at 3:30pm. It’s coming in colder then predicted. Lineups were medium today. Skiing was AAA+

Storm board will most likely be 30-40+ in 24hr by tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    face shots top to bottom. Snowing sideways at base of khorse at 3:30pm. It’s coming in colder then predicted. Lineups were medium today. Skiing was AAA+

Storm board will most likely be 30-40+ in 24hr by tomorrow
    I see they just altered the forecast for cooler temps overnight. Snowing dinner plates at my house right now and it looks like Hwy 1 East and West will be closed tonight. Drop kid at lesson, head to gondy and hope for low winds.

Snowed most of the day at Pano on top of 6cms this am. Could be another 20+ mm of precipitation tonight.

Did a couple touing laps up behind Dave White hut yesterday and it was top shelf quality.
    Today toured a little closer to town and another very good day.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Snowed most of the day at Pano on top of 6cms this am. Could be another 20+ mm of precipitation tonight.

Did a couple touing laps up behind Dave White hut yesterday and it was top shelf quality.
    Today toured a little closer to town and another very good day.

Was out that way a couple weeks ago-thx for the intel. We got japowed!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    I see they just altered the forecast for cooler temps overnight. Snowing dinner plates at my house right now and it looks like Hwy 1 East and West will be closed tonight. Drop kid at lesson, head to gondy and hope for low winds.
    I wish you guys good luck for tomorrow.

I don't get a lot of opportunities to ski lately and after getting skunked by a similar system at castle before xmas I decided to play it safe and hit louise tomorrow.

Now... I ski louise a fair amount but almost never on a powder day... so i don't know what order things get opened.

Can anyone share some advice on when to go where? Does the fact that there will be wind change the order of terrain openings?

Also, where can i get a decent beer in town? All that's on tap at the outpost pub is Big Rock.

So far this year, I’ve just gone where the people aren’t going, and been able to find decent snow.
    On Tuesday ER 3/4 and Crow Bowl held the nicest snow, but who knows where it will be tomorrow.
    As for beer, I have no clue, but I like Big Rock.

Also, we’re you looking for a pair of Rossi S6?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    So far this year, I’ve just gone where the people aren’t going, and been able to find decent snow.
    On Tuesday ER 3/4 and Crow Bowl held the nicest snow, but who knows where it will be tomorrow.
    As for beer, I have no clue, but I like Big Rock.

Also, we’re you looking for a pair of Rossi S6?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'd be interested in sickles but not so much in the regular camber S6.

I'll just treat it like a day at a new resort and poke around and trust my gut. It should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Now... I ski louise a fair amount but almost never on a powder day... so i don't know what order things get opened.

Can anyone share some advice on when to go where? Does the fact that there will be wind change the order of terrain openings?
    If it does come in as big and windy as the forecast is suggesting then it's anyone's guess on the order of the bigger alpine openings, if they open at all (the ERs and Whitehorns etc). Your best bet is likely just skiing whatever trees seem the most fun whilst keeping an eye out and checking in with any patrol you see around. On that huge storm day last season Mntlion and I pretty much just lapped Ptarmigan trees till our legs and the snow were done - it was so good there wasn't any point waiting for other stuff to crack.

Winds gusts at both KH snow plots now approaching 100 kph. FB page was already warning Friday afternoon about possible delayed openings on Sat due to the forecast.

Temps are rising across B.C. +6 at Cranbrook airport. Not good but better than the +13 at Kamloops. Hoping that cold front drops down sooner than later for Kimbo and Fernie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    If it does come in as big and windy as the forecast is suggesting then it's anyone's guess on the order of the bigger alpine openings, if they open at all (the ERs and Whitehorns etc). Your best bet is likely just skiing whatever trees seem the most fun whilst keeping an eye out and checking in with any patrol you see around. On that huge storm day last season Mntlion and I pretty much just lapped Ptarmigan trees till our legs and the snow were done - it was so good there wasn't any point waiting for other stuff to crack.
    Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Winds gusts at both KH snow plots now approaching 100 kph.
    150 km/h gust at MacDonald West Shoulder above Rogers Pass at 5am! I know the group at the Asulkan Hut right now and I wonder if they got any sleep last night?

(edit) gusted 181 km/h at 6 am

(edit 2) Since heard that they bailed from the Asulkan yesterday. A good decision!
    Last edited by nickinbc; 02-01-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Rained all night at Pano up to mid champagne chair.

Raining to top of the quad at Kimbo. Easter and Tamarack did not open. Patrol cryptically told us this morning that lifts were closed while “some guys go check a few things.”

So are the RCR lawyers now going to wet themselves in fear every time the weather changes at K?

On the positive side, web cams show it snowing again at KH base. Temp at Golden airport is down from 5 to 1 C in past two hours. Let that colder air move south, and fast!

took bus to LL at 7:30, arrived at front door to lodge 8:30, Caucasian Asian had a table for skibee and myself.

10? min gondi line up first thing, lapped ptarm trees 9:30-11 (ski onto the lift). lap up paradise (no line) and skied sweeds, then waited at the top for ER6 to open, and after 10 min went down "upper flight" to the base. Grabbed bags and went to trailhead for lunch and home for coffee.

wonderful day

Thanks for the hard work to all the staff.

Well that was about as big a gong show as I remember seeing at Louise. Who brought Whistler to the Rockies?!

Topo and Summit were both closed for most/all? of the morning and with limited backside terrain open the Gondy and Glacier both ended up with huge lines (40 mins for the gondola-type lines). The snow was deep but heavy on the backside. We got a few lovely, fresh lines through Ptarmigan trees before we got caught up in the lift bottleneck circus. The rain/sleet turned to flakes at the base late morning but the wind closures were still in effect up high so I got the hell out and left for work.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    took bus to LL at 7:30, arrived at front door to lodge 8:30, Caucasian Asian had a table for skibee and myself.

10? min gondi line up first thing, lapped ptarm trees 9:30-11 (ski onto the lift). lap up paradise (no line) and skied sweeds, then waited at the top for ER6 to open, and after 10 min went down "upper flight" to the base. Grabbed bags and went to trailhead for lunch and home for coffee.

wonderful day

Thanks for the hard work to all the staff.
    I was on first gondy but ptarmigan was closed... bad timing I guess.

Mntlion has mad ninja timing skills when it comes to rope drops.

Gong show at the horse due to wind but the goods delivered. 46cm in 24hrs on top of 20cm on top of 10cm. Stairway was bottomless if you were lucky enough to be able to ski it. Storm was insane... I was on the chair full sideways stopped for 15-20min.... not once but twice....scary sh#t
    Snow was epic to just below 1st pitch on Pioneer. Some might think it was wet but they probably have puny legs. Afternoon it was snowing so hard that Pioneer got good again with a decent 10+! Tomorrow will be all time-not much opened today and crowds dispersed quickly after the multiple long gondola wind holds. Unfortunately i had to leave but it was fun while it lasted. If you can; Get out there tomorrow!!!!
    Last edited by teamdirt; 02-01-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Mntlion has mad ninja timing skills when it comes to rope drops.
    wise old man.

Nakiska update hahahahahah.
    Nakiska was wet at the bottom so empty runs and no lift line! Gold chair wasn’t too bad, rain turning to snow by tower 3. Heavy snow up top. But good times with the kid. Her first, very heavy, POW day. She needs fatter boards. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	535.0 KB 
ID:	313464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0059.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	588.1 KB 
ID:	313465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0057.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	335.3 KB 
ID:	313466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0056.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	313467

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums