Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    anyone have recommendations as where to look for a seasonal rental at KH? 20/21 season, yea I know it's early, but just thinking ahead. Any local seasonal rental companies out there, or similar? And yes, I did the cursory internet search, didn't turn up a lot. Thanks in advance
    odds are Kijji or a faceboook buy/sell.

Also talk to local realestate agents?

does anyone know where one can rent ABS bottles? USPS refuses to ship them to canada and buying new ones just for a week is an overkill. weekly rental for up to 5 guys, february. they'll be going from calgary through to revy.

if you can share prices please do (privately, if need be)

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    does anyone know where one can rent ABS bottles? USPS refuses to ship them to canada and buying new ones just for a week is an overkill. weekly rental for up to 5 guys, february. they'll be going from calgary through to revy.

rented from these guys before. $15/day for bottles it looks like. https://avalanchesafety.ca/rentals/

rented from these guys before. $15/day for bottles it looks like. https://avalanchesafety.ca/rentals/
    thank you!

I haven't bought one in a while... what do they cost to buy? Because $15/day sounds like it would add up fast unless you're only doing a couple/few days a year.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

the folks that are coming normally ship bottles from CO to their location, but USPS refuses to ship full bottles to canada, so they're looking for options

the rental place they found in revy was as much as a full bottle cost for a week of skiing. don't know how much that was. asking here hopefully someone can come up with a deal for 5 guys times 7 days...

edit: presumably they won't all be dying every day and those bottles will remain unused. kind of like bear spray.

Forecast looking cold as a witches tit. Am I going to need a hair dryer to get my boots off?

the folks that are coming normally ship bottles from CO to their location, but USPS refuses to ship full bottles to canada, so they're looking for options

the rental place they found in revy was as much as a full bottle cost for a week of skiing. don't know how much that was. asking here hopefully someone can come up with a deal for 5 guys times 7 days...

edit: presumably they won't all be dying every day and those bottles will remain unused. kind of like bear spray.
    I appreciate the info... haven't toured in years but I have an ABS pack so this is good info while I hope to get into it again this year.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    Forecast looking cold as a witches tit. Am I going to need a hair dryer to get my boots off?
    yes,

and to find your boy parts as well.

might be inversion, with warmer temps up high.

First pow day of the season on snake ridge in Fernie today. 4 laps, Was good.

Sweet! Will be in Fernie for a few days starting the 17th.

Seeing the extreme cold in the forecast makes me wonder what is going to happen to all the fresh snow on the ground when it gets that cold

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    odds are Kijji or a faceboook buy/sell.

Also talk to local realestate agents?
    Alice Dahlberg (250) 344-7663

She is the property manager for Remax and also does many air b and b rentals. She is your contact for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Seeing the extreme cold in the forecast makes me wonder what is going to happen to all the fresh snow on the ground when it gets that cold
    1) less people skiing it

2) will stay light and fluffy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2594.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	310164

and I think all of calgary is here to get the snow and escape the cold.

Kickinghorse skied surprisingly well considering very little snow in the last 3 or so days... some pretty deep turns on north facing slopes.

Epic skiing in k-country today. Blower shredding! Worth a walk!

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    yes,

and to find your boy parts as well.

might be inversion, with warmer temps up high.
    Yikes! Frost bite on the nipples.

Need to pick a single travel ski. Do I need to worry about ice or will it be all soft snow at RMR/KH. Can I get away with 116 underfoot (Governor or RX) or should I go skinnier?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Kickinghorse skied surprisingly well considering very little snow in the last 3 or so days... some pretty deep turns on north facing slopes.

It did! Red light was awesome.

Looks like pano could be winning the temperature wars for the warmest place to ski around here next week.

As per Caucasian Asian's suggestion. Cross Posted.

VISITING FERNIE THIS WINTER, RIDE MOUNTAIN BIKES? HELP...#BOYCOTTPARASTONE

Simon House. Resident asshole capitalist developer in Fernie has shut down a huge section of the Fernie Trails Alliance trail network and is threatening legal action againts the non-profit. I wont get into the details, but suffice to say it is not good for local trail users. Do some research online and make up your own mind. Regardless, this is a blow to Fernie trials. Simon has made buckets of money, as have many business owners, with the development of the trail network via the hard work done by volunteers. Please boycott the Tipple Beer and Wine store, Fernie Hotel and Pub and any and all services from Parastone directly. #boycottparastone

https://fernietrailsalliance.com/202...-january-2020/

we have an inversion, folks:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 10.41.54 AM.png
Views: 361
Size:  40.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Hey f2f. Just curious, are you flying with your pack? Just wondering what the issue is as I've been flying to yurp (and crossing border to US) with a nitrogen cannister ABS pack for 20 years with no issues (with proper documentation etc). Not sure why you're having to ship your cannister.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Hey f2f. Just curious, are you flying with your pack? Just wondering what the issue is as I've been flying to yurp (and crossing border to US) with a nitrogen cannister ABS pack for 20 years with no issues (with proper documentation etc). Not sure why you're having to ship your cannister.
    it's not for me. a bunch of folks are coming from yurp in feb to ski golden and revy. they have had so many issues flying with cannisters that they're stocking them in colorado and shipping them to whatever destination they're going. only usps refuses to ship them to me here in calgary

it's not for me. a bunch of folks are coming from yurp in feb to ski golden and revy. they have had so many issues flying with cannisters that they're stocking them in colorado and shipping them to whatever destination they're going. only usps refuses to ship them to me here in calgary
    M'kay. Shit. Still can't help but wonder why other people seem to have such issues and although I've had to do some talking (read educating security folks), I've never had serious problems flying with various ABS units on perhaps twenty occasions.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Avy fatality on Hector. Bow valley residents

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk