Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
    That’s debatable.
    Well I’m coming down there in a week (if it snows) so be prepared to debate!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Dude how old is that fcuking tape ... its in inches
    Ha! Bigger numbers for my old eyes

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Right on Invermere folks! Enjoy!
    I wish I could enjoy but I'm in the snow removal business. It pissed rain all night and all day today to top of mile 1 chair. Village was a gong show this morning with people trying to drive around while Hiway Dept, Panorama and all snow removal contractors were trying to open things up. I can say Main road contracting did an outstanding job on the roads.

Summit chair still not open due to avy control, Champagne didn't open until 2.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2019/2020 CANADIAN ROCKIES THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Thinking about heading to the lake tomorrow to pick through left overs. Think they will have terrain open tomorrow that was closed today? I’ve got friends in fernie and for once it sounds like it was better at Nakiska than Fernie.

Hey Mex, pretty much everything opened today that was open previously, so I wouldn’t expect full fresh lines, I’d expect stashes to be around. They are good at getting everything open. It will still be very fresh tomorrow. It was dumping after 3 pm. ER3 which hasn’t opened yet is looking pretty good though...

Given the rather wet weather down south, we're thinking about heading up to LL for a day or three. We have a decent RV spot staked out near the ski hill, but is there anywhere close in to banff that we could park a truck/camper for a couple nights?

The snow got a lot heavier and more slabby at sunshine today, in the morning it was a "straightline bye bye to get enough speed to put in a ski cut" snowpack.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Given the rather wet weather down south, we're thinking about heading up to LL for a day or three. We have a decent RV spot staked out near the ski hill, but is there anywhere close in to banff that we could park a truck/camper for a couple nights?
    LL campground is awesome in winter- showers/bathroom/ potable water from shower building/ dry dump....

Banff- go to Tunnel mtn campground. Sand deal.

FYI-LL campground fills up fri-sat night. No worries during week

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    Hey Mex, pretty much everything opened today that was open previously, so I wouldn’t expect full fresh lines, I’d expect stashes to be around. They are good at getting everything open. It will still be very fresh tomorrow. It was dumping after 3 pm. ER3 which hasn’t opened yet is looking pretty good though...

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    LL campground is awesome in winter- showers/bathroom/ potable water from shower building/ dry dump....

Banff- go to Tunnel mtn campground. Sand deal.

FYI-LL campground fills up fri-sat night. No worries during week
    Right on. Thanks for the info

Im surprised doug said there was some rain at base of kh. Im 25km west of golden at 900m and it farkn puked all day. We got 2ft. Sure temps were boarder line.
    There musta been alota pissed off ppl at kh.
    LL seems the best option in these conditions
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

100+cm at pano in 7 days.

Fernie is turning around. Timber/white opened today with good conditions. (download on timber)

first thing was laps on Boom, upper 2/3 nice, lower 1/3 moist (watch for gravel, sink holes, and small creeks on the run)

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    100+cm at pano in 7 days.

Fernie is turning around. Timber/white opened today with good conditions. (download on timber)

first thing was laps on Boom, upper 2/3 nice, lower 1/3 moist (watch for gravel, sink holes, and small creeks on the run)

Local tip-Hammer upper Boom using Bear traverse to avoid lower Boom slop and Boom lineups on a pow day. U can knock off 4-5 quick laps on upper Boom by the time u get 1-2 from lower Boom.

Good to hear u are getting to experience the Fernie factor from a local perspective. I will be by early Jan. Will be in touch!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Local tip-Hammer upper Boom using Bear traverse to avoid lower Boom slop and Boom lineups on a pow day. U can knock off 4-5 quick laps on upper Boom by the time u get 1-2 from lower Boom.
    Good tip, but couldn’t do that today. Terrain closures prevented access to Bear traverse plus Bear Chair was down for a mechanical this morning.

Besides, mntlion needs to stick to green terrain ...

2019/2020 CANADIAN ROCKIES THREAD

Roads were spicy to get to LL today. The resort was busy. Busy Poma line. There was fresh but most of it got schralped pretty quick. They opened the traverse out to upper boomerang around 12 and it saw pretty consistent traffic. The gullies off the back of the platter and the Brownshirt boundary were still closed

Last edited by Mex; 12-22-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
    Besides, mntlion needs to stick to green terrain ...
    it was nice that Jr Merlyn would wait for me too.

Anybody heading up to Sunshine tomorrow by chance? My truck is broken down. I'm on the way out by COP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    Im surprised doug said there was some rain at base of kh. Im 25km west of golden at 900m and it farkn puked all day. We got 2ft. Sure temps were boarder line.
    There musta been alota pissed off ppl at kh.
    LL seems the best option in these conditions
    the rain didn't really effect the snow much . just down low abit icy in spots. Up top while not blower pow was certainly dry. Instant base. KH good to the base now, everything filled in. Fuez will open pretty early in morning as patrol was most of the way down to tower 10 at 3pm.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Felix Ski Service open this year? Still had the summer voicemail when I called last week and a closed for summer sign when I drove by today...

Fernie was decent today. Definitely some fresh to be found. Some more limited terrain openings today but Currie, upper Lizard, and upper Cedar.

There was a good sized slide into Siberia at some point and the skiing out of Siberia bowl is extremely sporty with creeks, rocks, and mud. There were lots of other results to be found all over.

I know the son at Felix and he's gone back to school this year.

I had another mutual friend ask and word is they are not open. Can't say for sure if they are done for good or not but it was tough to keep up there when the son was working so I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

My friends and I are doing a trip up to Revelstoke area in early February - we are driving over from Calgary. We are trying to finalize our plans, and wondering if those plans should include at least 1 day off our Ikon passes at Kicking Horse. Any locals wanna weigh in on if it's worth it?

Otherwise, half the trip will be Revelstoke, and the other handful of days will be at LL and Sunshine Village.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    My friends and I are doing a trip up to Revelstoke area in early February - we are driving over from Calgary. We are trying to finalize our plans, and wondering if those plans should include at least 1 day off our Ikon passes at Kicking Horse. Any locals wanna weigh in on if it's worth it?

Otherwise, half the trip will be Revelstoke, and the other handful of days will be at LL and Sunshine Village.
    Since you are driving right past the KH it would be rude not to - its a great place. Unless you cant fit it in your schedule.
    Find a Path That Captures Your Heart and Follow it to its End !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post

ya, KH is fun,

I have 7 days to play in Mid Jan. Ikon pass so Revy is the main target. How many days should I plan for KH or others? Cube is pretty booked, next best place to stay on a budget?

How is the drive from Revy to KH? Have a RAV4, apparently rentals in BC don't come with winter tires, (at least they can't guarantee it) cause it doesn't snow there, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    I have 7 days to play in Mid Jan. Ikon pass so Revy is the main target. How many days should I plan for KH or others? Cube is pretty booked, next best place to stay on a budget?

How is the drive from Revy to KH? Have a RAV4, apparently rentals in BC don't come with winter tires, (at least they can't guarantee it) cause it doesn't snow there, WTF?
    are you just skiing KH/Reve? I would add a few days in banff (SSV/LL) but be flexiable. Reve is HIGH risk stocks. will be some of the most amazing turns of your life, or horrible rain/crust. KH less so. Banff is low risk stock. Not often huge snow, but also almost never rain/unskiable

3 days in BNF?

2 Days KH

2 Days Reve?

BNF to reve is 4 hours in winter, assuming average conditions. Rave4 will be fine. If the roads need more then that, they will be closed (revel-stuck) And skiing on either side of the pass is good