Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 475
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    3,007
    Going to be skiing Fernie with the family after Christmas. Anybody care to recommend a couple good dinner places? Thanks.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    9,059
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Going to be skiing Fernie with the family after Christmas. Anybody care to recommend a couple good dinner places? Thanks.
    The Curry Bowl on the highway, and the Himalayan Spice Cafe downtown are both great. Curry Bowl is small, so plan accordingly.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    493
    2yr old info, but enjoyed our dinner at Nevados downtown.

    Big Bang Bagels for breakfast sandwiches, downtown and on the hill locations.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The Curry Bowl on the highway, and the Himalayan Spice Cafe downtown are both great. Curry Bowl is small, so plan accordingly.
    Curry Bowl is unreal! The coconut shrimp curry is my fav

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vinyl Valley
    Posts
    1,111
    Another vote for Curry Bowl, it's excellent. They have an upstairs area for customers to have a beer/cocktail/wine while you wait for your table.

    A butcher shop called Back Country Meats and Sausage has very good smoked ribs on Fridays. But you should call ahead and try to reserve as much as you need before they run out.

    Never been, but I've heard Yamagoya Sushi is outstanding.

    Big Bang Bagels has excellent sandwiches.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,569
    http://www.ferniestanfordresort.com/...ill-restaurant

    yes, in the hotel with the waterslide. its good.


  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The great white north eh
    Posts
    160
    Have been to yamagoya Sushi. The place is great. Super busy.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    3,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    2yr old info, but enjoyed our dinner at Nevados downtown.

    Big Bang Bagels for breakfast sandwiches, downtown and on the hill locations.
    Fyi big bang bagels doesn't offer to go cups anymore, at least not downtown... unless you have your own to-go cup you need to buy one of theirs and they give you most of that "deposit" back if you return the cup.

    Not useful if you don't live in town.

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shorty_J; 12-17-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    3,007
    Thanks for the recommendations all. Much appreciated!

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    409
    Surprisingly good at the Lake today. Chalky buff on most of the backside. Light snow and wind pushing things into the back as I left at closing so tomorrow should be good too.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    A balmy -19 in the village this morning and No precipitation all weekend....

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

    Work weekend at the cabin, but got out at 10 on Sunday for a few laps, testing some Mantra M5ís.

    Groomers are grippy. Not a lot of early season boilerplate, I am guessing because the Nor-Ams didnít happen. Fritzís is great cruising.

    The M5ís were pretty solid on the groom. First comes new boots then the Mantras.

    Sounds like the Summit is opening this weekend. Gotta think it will be sketchy.

    Attended the homeowners info meeting on Saturday. Interesting note, last season the base had 140+ cm at the base opening weekend. The previous year, 120. Average is 80, where we basically are this year. We noticed it driving up to the cabin this weekend. 2 good years can spoil one....


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,569
    6cm at Fernie and looking like more Thus/Fri


  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    20 steps from the hot tub
    Posts
    3,678
    Anyone able to comment on how Fernie’s skiing? Probably going there Thursday after opening day tomorrow at Kimbo on one run.

    Skied KH the last two days with DougW and good base for the new snow that’s coming.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    3,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Anyone able to comment on how Fernieís skiing? Probably going there Thursday after opening day tomorrow at Kimbo on one run.

    Skied KH the last two days with DougW and good base for the new snow thatís coming.
    It was skiing well Thursday through Saturday... some new snow to refresh each morning and they kept getting new terrain open.

    If the forecasted snow keeps up it should be good, but the alder bashing and narrow choke points to exit the bowls are a little miserable.

    Not sure what the status of runs is now but they didn't open all the terrain in Currie or Cedar bowl and if you're lucky enough to be around when that happens you should be very happy.

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Anyone able to comment on how Fernie’s skiing? Probably going there Thursday after opening day tomorrow at Kimbo on one run.

    Skied KH the last two days with DougW and good base for the new snow that’s coming.
    It’s all about perspective, considering 10 days ago it was pouring rain at the base I would say Fenie is skiing very good on the upper mountain. Twiggy off piste but still pretty soft, however some of the high traffic areas are beginning to get icy. For what it’s worth I can’t say I’ve hit any rocks and I’ve been adventurous.
    Last edited by Dr.Evil; 12-18-2019 at 01:17 AM.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Work weekend at the cabin, but got out at 10 on Sunday for a few laps, testing some Mantra M5ís.

    Groomers are grippy. Not a lot of early season boilerplate, I am guessing because the Nor-Ams didnít happen. Fritzís is great cruising.

    The M5ís were pretty solid on the groom. First comes new boots then the Mantras.

    Sounds like the Summit is opening this weekend. Gotta think it will be sketchy.

    Attended the homeowners info meeting on Saturday. Interesting note, last season the base had 140+ cm at the base opening weekend. The previous year, 120. Average is 80, where we basically are this year. We noticed it driving up to the cabin this weekend. 2 good years can spoil one....


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That 80cms is really deceiving, I've recorded about 30cms total snowfall in the village including today's 3cms. There will be really low coverage anywhere there isn't snow making. Hopefully the forecast comes through this weekend and things will be closer to the norm.

    The backcountry is a little better but also way low.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    20 steps from the hot tub
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    It’s all about perspective, considering 10 days ago it was pouring rain at the base I would say Fenie is skiing very good on the upper mountain. Twiggy off piste but still pretty soft, however some of the high traffic areas are beginning to get icy. For what it’s worth I can’t say I’ve hit any rocks and I’ve been adventures.
    Thanks, Dr. E. My perspective is based on coming back from a month in Whistler where I had fun with its 60 cm total snowfall. So Fernie conditions sound good to me.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    274
    Head Spokane as a starting point to chase storms January 11-21 any recommendations on cheap places to stay and eat around Fernie, Kicking Horse/Golden, Revelstoke, Red Mountain, Whitewater, maybe even Castle or LL/SSV? Any info would be awesome!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftyt View Post
    Head Spokane as a starting point to chase storms January 11-21 any recommendations on cheap places to stay and eat around Fernie, Kicking Horse/Golden, Revelstoke, Red Mountain, Whitewater, maybe even Castle or LL/SSV? Any info would be awesome!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've got a place on the hill in Kimberley for rent... pm me if interested.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    51
    Think Fernie will be worth skiing this weekend? Looks like they could get a decent amount of snow or rain..

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by pfj View Post
    Think Fernie will be worth skiing this weekend? Looks like they could get a decent amount of snow or rain..
    Yes, it will be awesome.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Down by the river, Terrace, BC
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Going to be skiing Fernie with the family after Christmas. Anybody care to recommend a couple good dinner places? Thanks.
    I'm no local but Fernie Pizza Shoppe delivered up a worthy pie in a couple of occasions.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Golden, BC
    Posts
    711
    K Ho slack N S an W skiing decent for the amount of snow we have. Hopefully this storm delivers!

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    20 steps from the hot tub
    Posts
    3,678
    Hmmm, 30 cm at Fernie but how high will the freezing level go during the day?

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Purcell Sud
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Hmmm, 30 cm at Fernie but how high will the freezing level go during the day?
    If you don't go...

    You just won't know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •