Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 128
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,354
    Actually a founding member of


    THOR


    (Trophy Husbands Of the Rockies)

    jetski and a few others are members too.


  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,293
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    nope; being a trophy husband this winter
    Nice. I was the trophy a few winters ago, for a couple of winters in a row. Partner was very encouraging of the lifestyle and very happy with the results.

    Alas, now the roles have reversed, but all the training for a marathon and working out a bunch is really working out for my partner, so having the trophy is nice too.

    Is it the Trophy and the Trophyer?

    Either way, gonna be an animal on the hill this winter.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 10-10-2019 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,354
    looking like I'll be working at Gear hub in Fernie Dec 15 to Jan 15ish. Anyone got a sofa, bedroom, etc in fernie to rent for 30 days?


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    3,712
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    looking like I'll be working at Gear hub in Fernie Dec 15 to Jan 15ish. Anyone got a sofa, bedroom, etc in fernie to rent for 30 days?
    A little tarnish on that trophy?

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    give'er eh!
    Posts
    1,388
    A know a guy over at the Guides Hut....lol

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,354
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    A know a guy over at the Guides Hut....lol
    ya, I was hoping to work for him, but didn't work out.

    Where are you this winter?


  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    give'er eh!
    Posts
    1,388
    Epic pass. Headed around to a few places. Will do some fernie/khorse to use the pass/ Japanuary/ whistler & California. Will keep in touch for fernie.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    north by northwest
    Posts
    9,277
    i think _now_ that sticker really pops out...

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    582
    Anyone ever ski Pass Powder Keg? My kid interviewed for a patrol job there. He's been patrolling at Pano for 2 years and wants to try something else.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,354
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Anyone ever ski Pass Powder Keg? My kid interviewed for a patrol job there. He's been patrolling at Pano for 2 years and wants to try something else.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    tiny. Like fairmont, but tiny.

    I hope his staff pass gets him reciprocal passes at Castle or Fernie?


  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Onterrible
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Anyone ever ski Pass Powder Keg? My kid interviewed for a patrol job there. He's been patrolling at Pano for 2 years and wants to try something else.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I worked there for 2 winters. It's 2 fast t-bars with comparable vert to the Mile 1 quad at Pano. It's only open for night skiing midweek. Most of the skiers are local children. There is no avalanche program. When I was there we had reciprocals at Castle but not Fernie. We would ski castle M-F, work W-F nights and the weekend. It felt like a lot of skiing. There is a small ski touring community but they go mostly towards Waterton or Fernie. A snowmobile makes life in the pass a lot more fun (kinda like Pano, eh?)

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonshackle View Post
    I worked there for 2 winters. It's 2 fast t-bars with comparable vert to the Mile 1 quad at Pano. It's only open for night skiing midweek. Most of the skiers are local children. There is no avalanche program. When I was there we had reciprocals at Castle but not Fernie. We would ski castle M-F, work W-F nights and the weekend. It felt like a lot of skiing. There is a small ski touring community but they go mostly towards Waterton or Fernie. A snowmobile makes life in the pass a lot more fun (kinda like Pano, eh?)
    Thanks for the info, I'll let him know. He said Castle was the only recip. Sounds like not a bad way to spend a winter.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,354
    ski swap today in banff


  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Creekside
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Epic pass. Headed around to a few places. Will do some fernie/khorse to use the pass/ Japanuary/ whistler & California. Will keep in touch for fernie.
    PM me when you are coming to Whistler, back out there this winter and now free of work responsibilities.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Deadmonton, AB
    Posts
    122
    Tomorrow is the last day for the early bird season pass discounts at LL.
    Just picked up a weekday pass for myself.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85
    Mountain Collective back on sale for Canadians: 509 CAD

    https://tmccanada.ltibooking.com/pur...t_ticket_types[38155]=1&product_ticket_types[38156]=0&currency=CAD&tab

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Golden, BC
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    looking like I'll be working at Gear hub in Fernie Dec 15 to Jan 15ish. Anyone got a sofa, bedroom, etc in fernie to rent for 30 days?
    Are you doing any bootfitting in Banff before Dec 15th?
    I like huge dumps.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    409
    Anyone ski Nakiska this weekend?

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary/Golden
    Posts
    5,557
    The Lake is opening tomorrow. How bad is the WROD going to be?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

    Kaz is my co-pilot

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Banff, AB
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    The Lake is opening tomorrow. How bad is the WROD going to be?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    There 10, maybe 15 at a push in line at 8:45ish when they started loading the chairs. One of the quietest openings I've seen - I guess the late notice plus it being the morning after Halloween killed some of the local crowds. Bottom half needs snow, mostly grass and rock except for the WROD (which was firm and fast). Sounds like it's better up high with snow safety doing work including bombing in the past week. Was told the Gondy for next weekend is a maybe.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canadian Rockies
    Posts
    1,080
    Marmot on Friday!
    Not that anyone skis here but I'm pretty stoked. Weibo is as well. Think that's the TGR members list!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    At the North end of the Parkway
    Posts
    1,541
    And unfortunately I will be in Banff for work but I have half of next week off to make up for it.

    On that topic anyone know if the Grizz Swap at the Lake is worthwhile? I am driving by tomorrow afternoon.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1
    Anyone headed to Sunshine this weekend for opening? I haven't seen anywhere but what runs are gonna be open?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Banff, AB
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardOfRoz View Post
    Anyone headed to Sunshine this weekend for opening? I haven't seen anywhere but what runs are gonna be open?
    I'll be up for opening on Friday. I haven't heard what is opening but it's usually Wawa, Strawberry, Wolverine and Jackrabbit. Standish could open but more often than not it's a week or two later - lots of sharks to cover up. Similar for Angel/Divide/Teepee - lots of snow fencing and grooming to be done so will most likely be another week or two.

    Was snowing hard at Louise today.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canmore
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardOfRoz View Post
    Anyone headed to Sunshine this weekend for opening? I haven't seen anywhere but what runs are gonna be open?
    Strawberry, Jack and hopefully Wolf, maybe Wawa. Standish has a way to go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •