Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Sunshine skied well first thing but Angel, TP, Divide, Goats stayed closed all day so I stuck to Standish and was bored by 10. Then Standish and Wawa closed around 1230 but I decided to wait it out until after 2 when Standish reopened. Nice, clear and creamy wind sift for a few runs before the winds started up again.

Tomorrow should be a fun day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I was on first gondy but ptarmigan was closed... bad timing I guess.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    We only had to wait about 2 min for them to drop the rope on the backside(what da fuck is Chinese downhill) and were one of the first into Ptarm. Birthday boy brought us luck. And the Sweeds has only been skied by patrol before us, so that was awesome too.

And when Mntlion says “Watch your speed”, you should probably watch your speed.

Sent from inside the house
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Go Mex offspring!

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    We only had to wait about 2 min for them to drop the rope on the backside(what da fuck is Chinese downhill) and were one of the first into Ptarm. Birthday boy brought us luck. And the Sweeds has only been skied by patrol before us, so that was awesome too.

And when Mntlion says “Watch your speed”, you should probably watch your speed.

Sent from inside the house
    Nice.

Maybe I should have waited but it's really tough on a powder day!

I still got 2 clean runs off top of the world so not bad at all.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

We had a similar day up here at Marmot. Upper Mountain closed until about 11:30. Great snow once they opened but chairs closing on and off all day due to wind. Bailed earlyish and I don't think the Knob opened at all. Should be nice tomorrow, hopefully the wind dies off

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Gong show at the horse due to wind but the goods delivered. 46cm in 24hrs on top of 20cm on top of 10cm. Stairway was bottomless if you were lucky enough to be able to ski it. Storm was insane... I was on the chair full sideways stopped for 15-20min.... not once but twice....scary sh#t
    Snow was epic to just below 1st pitch on Pioneer. Some might think it was wet but they probably have puny legs. Afternoon it was snowing so hard that Pioneer got good again with a decent 10+! Tomorrow will be all time-not much opened today and crowds dispersed quickly after the multiple long gondola wind holds. Unfortunately i had to leave but it was fun while it lasted. If you can; Get out there tomorrow!!!!
    Was another strange day but not as strange as your day. Three people were supposed to have puked on gondi from motion sickness that day. Heard much scarier stories about stairway of basic survival , people being swept of feet, people hitting the deck to wait out the big gusts.

Yesterday the gondi was start and stop so long lines all day. And a 2 seemed to stop for at least 30 minutes and was still not moving when we left. Snow was great but much better on south facing. North facing was wind affected in places so had to keep on toes.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Apparently they had some issues with the gondy yesterday, Not sure if it ever got going again. I have never been skiing in that strong a wind before. On Saturday you could ski up redemption ridge south from the bottom of crystal bowl. The slope also got reloaded in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    Apparently they had some issues with the gondy yesterday, Not sure if it ever got going again. I have never been skiing in that strong a wind before. On Saturday you could ski up redemption ridge south from the bottom of crystal bowl. The slope also got reloaded in an instant.
    Sounds like a typical day at castle.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Sounds like a typical day at castle.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Yeah, they got it going again...late. I loaded sometime after 3.
    They kept Stairway open until 4. The hikes were open late as well. Went up for T1 south....it was really nice.

Saturday was interesting too. Was fortunate to get into one of the few gondolas that ran late in the day. They stopped loading a couple of gondolas behind us. Took ages to get to the top, but bowl over was completely reloaded.

Between the lines and the mechanical issues, I got the equivalent of one day of skiing in over the weekend. Quality though.

today at LL did not suck. No one around and a few cm overnight, plus lots of refresh with the wind. Also mostly sunny

Meanwhile fernie is keeping everything fun closed because "it's icy and not worth skiing anyways". Fuck their ropes, it's actually quite good. Hard to believe RCR owns both. Very different management compared to KH.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Meanwhile fernie is keeping everything fun closed because "it's icy and not worth skiing anyways". Fuck their ropes, it's actually quite good. Hard to believe RCR owns both. Very different management compared to KH.
    Really it's quite good? Where? I would have thought that since it rained to the top on Saturday then got really cold that off piste skiing would be rock hard and not much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    ... Very different management compared to KH.
    I think after talking to the liftie who was on Stairway on Sat they should have listened to her and not run it.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Sunshine was cold today, started out ok, but wind was picking up around noon, sporadic sun appearances stopped and it felt like it was cooling back down rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Sunshine was cold today, started out ok, but wind was picking up around noon, sporadic sun appearances stopped and it felt like it was cooling back down rapidly.

yes, was NOT warm.

but G ridge is open now.

and ptarm chutes at LL too.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    I think after talking to the liftie who was on Stairway on Sat they should have listened to her and not run it.
    Ive never been on a chair in those kinds of conditions ever, anywhere- over the couple thousand days Ive spent at ski hills in my life! But the turns were bottomless and heavenly! Lol

anyone coming from Fenie to banff with room for a bike box?

new summer toy arrived for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    Really it's quite good? Where? I would have thought that since it rained to the top on Saturday then got really cold that off piste skiing would be rock hard and not much fun.
    Ok not totally sucking. Sunday the sun exposed runs were soft. Monday the sun was still out, and the dust on crust we found was good. Today it was really cold and everything was frozen mashed potatoes. I was planning to just go up to the summit but I just took a snow cheque since it was foggy.

How's Rogers snow overall? I'm moving to revelstoke tomorrow and probably touring up at Rogers for the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    anyone coming from Fenie to banff with room for a bike box?

new summer toy arrived for me!
    Does this mean you've got one to liberate?

Quote Originally Posted by Gri_C_Rentsch View Post
    Does this mean you've got one to liberate?
    yup, rocky pipeline, Need to finish the overhaul on it first

yup, rocky pipeline, Need to finish the overhaul on it first
    Replacing with???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Replacing with???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instinct Carbon 70, NOT in the creamsickle color.
    https://www.bikes.com/en/bikes/instinct/2020?tid=72

Instinct Carbon 70, NOT in the creamsickle color.
    https://www.bikes.com/en/bikes/instinct/2020?tid=72
    I would have guessed Instinct. I don't know, I prefer creamsicle to glow-in-the-dark.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I would have guessed Instinct. I don't know, I prefer creamsicle to glow-in-the-dark.
    same bike as what I have (pipeline) but bigger wheels and still ride9