Dublin layover recs

24 hours. Whatcha got?
    I still call it The Jake.

In 2016 I stayed at The Leeson Lodge, moderately priced, great location. Then I walked around and drank Guinness.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I'd prolly do this:
    http://www.dublinpubcrawl.com

Maybe not literally the tour, but in Dublin you almost owe it to yourself to get drunk at a bar and get into a scrap, either over a girl named Molly Malone, or the virtues of whether Joyce or Yeats was a better writer
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 08-16-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Twenty Four hours? Meet me in Istanbul tomorrow afternoon. There's gotta be a watering hole close to the airport where we can get hammered and then launch a new Crusade.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Just stay in the airport, buy a rare bottle of Tyrconnell, and park your ass near a bathroom with some James Joyce.

The Columbus Zoo

Mid-May through November are the Hurling and Gaelic Football seasons and Croke Park in Dublin is the national home and headquarters for both of them, catch a game if you can, it's crazy and the fans are great. Croke Park is right in the middle of the city basically.

https://www.gaa.ie/tickets/

Nice! Thanks all. Think I’m going to try and take in a game
    I still call it The Jake.

Last time we were there, by pure luck, it was the national championship for both sports, they're held one after the other on the same day. My son and I scalped tickets on the street and had a blast. Croke Park is a big modern stadium, seats 80-some thousand, and the atmosphere is awesome. I highly recommend it.

Sport is incredibly huge there. A friend's gf works for the Irish Rugby Union and gave me a tour of their headquarters in Dublin, really cool!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

If you can make it work, hop a bus to Glendalough http://www.glendalough.ie, and go to Wicklow Mountains National Park.https://www.wicklowmountainsnationalpark.ie
    We visited Dublin after living in London for about 5 months. We went on St Patty's Day, and came to realize 2 things. 1. St Patty's Day, as we know it, is an American holiday. Most of the bars were closed. 2. Dublin is a small London with green buses.
    So we decided to get out of there, and asked one of the locals where they would go. Key was, it had to have a hostel. We ended up in Glendalaugh, and it was like a living Irish Spring commercial. I don't think I've ever seen prettier scenery. Totally worth the trip, which should be about a 30-40 min. bus ride south, but these days I would probably just Uber it.

Looks like you were there yesterday. Hope you had fun.