Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

FS: 10th Annual FREERIDE SYSTEMS THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN PROGRAM up2 $200

Final Season!

After 10 Seasons we are going to give it a rest after this one... So, Final Season !! Don't dilly dally... Thanks in advance... Have a few new colors like steezy Crimson bama, arkysaw red, my personal favorite 'Cloud' (nearly gray/white) Antero 2+ hardshell), and more....

Quick summary for newcomers and jongs: trade one of your old jackets toward the purchase price of our brand New made in Colorado fully seam taped Polartec Neoshell ski jacket. Cannot be used with discount code too....altho some have tried ...lol.

www.freeridesystems.com

We sell the hell out of jackets. However, because we are making so many these days, our production labor cost has dropped. Consequently we have passed these savings on to you. You will find many of our jackets with lower prices, some 10% or more over previous years. We only have so much stock and will not be able to sew/seam tape again till later this Spring, as we are buried with bulk private uniform projects and orders for corporate customers. So, if you see something today on our website...buy it, or start the trade for it, because history has proven that most likely it will be gone sooner than later and not replaced by the time you need it...

10th Annual FREERIDE SYSTEMS THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN PROGRAM up to $200

Threads for Shreds background, Jacket Making in Colorado, and TGR founding (reprint from last year with some edit)
    :
    Hello all. I started this program and company 10 ski seasons ago (2010) as a way to help gain some traction for unique made in Colorado ski jackets. I looked at some of those jackets today and realize that we have come a long way from pretty humble beginnings. The company started with a piece of webbing that I cobbled together with a plastic sewing machine bought in Silverthorne, Colorado. I made a "system" for "freeride" a simple strap carry system that made accessing inbounds "hike to" terrain easier as I was trying to cut down on exposed days in the back country. Today we offer fully seam taped premium branded fabric (mostly Polartec Neoshell) jackets made in Colorado and serve customers from ABC News Worldwide to the Colorado Avalanche Information Center, SAR teams, ski patrols, etc. to skiers that care about how and where their garments are made as well as many commercial customers. Freeride Systems started on these forums and with some local Lake and Summit County ski shops and after I had been a member for several years. And, I am still active here today. I thank TGR maggots,and the hard work and persistence from my team for the good fortune that followed. No other brands do what we do making in this State. Each jacket receives a licensed "Made in Colorado" 1" embroidered seal on the arm. None of our competitors making a comparable product can do this... You are here, you are special, so are our jackets.....Thank you ! Mike

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here's how it works and the rules for the program this year:

2019-2020 THREADS FOR SHREDS JACKET TRADE IN RULES

UP to $200

Rules and Guide to Participate

YOU CANNOT USE OUR DISCOUNT CODES AND THE TRADE IN PROGRAM IN ONE TRANSACTION - SORRY IN ADVANCE !

1. Notify Freeride Systems Trade In Coordinator in Advance of your desire to trade in a jacket(s) or pants. Notification request should be sent using our "Contact" page form Please state the style name of the Freeride Jacket you intend to buy and reference "Threads for Shreds Trade In" in subject line. Include your email address. http://www.freeridesystems.com/contact or send direct email to help@freeridesystems.com Wait for our return email, then:

2. Send pictures (please dum down pixels a bit) of your trade, estimated age of trade, brand name, model name if possible and description of condition. Please note repairs, damage, smells,stains, pet hair, zipper functionality and any other important information. All zippers must be functioning smoothly. Generally speaking we can deal with rips and tears but smells and pet hair are a deal killer. Please remove smells and pet hair before sending your trade.

3. Freeride Trade Coordinator will tender an offer to you via email which contains an Actual Cash Value for your trade(s) . If the $dollar amount is satisfactory to you, mail us your jacket(s) or pants using delivery confirmation. We will provide you are mailing address at that time. Upon receipt of your jacket, Freeride's coodinator will email you a Product discount code that will equal the Actual Cash Value. You pay for postage to Freeride's offices for your trade . Please insure your parcel and request delivery receipt and submit a tracking number to program coordinator. If there is a discrepancy regarding condition, Freeride reserves the right to send your jacket back to you. So, good pictures and communication are key. We have had this happen almost zero times so the program usually has no to few surprises for you the customer. You cannot use both trade in discount and a discount code (double dip) in the same transaction.

4. Upon receipt of your trade in discount code, you need to complete the checkout process within 14 days. If you cannot complete the checkout process, you can mail a check, money order, or paypal to recover return postage of your garment. If you leave your garment for over 60 days without paying for return postage it will be considered abandoned. Your jacket will be donated and you will not receive any proceeds or credit.

5. We will make a product in our online store called "return postage" where you can pay and complete the transaction for the return of your garment(s) with credit card or paypal. We will ship your garment(s) USPS Priority Mail back to you. The charge is for a Large flat rate priority mail box. Please do not ask us to stuff your jacket into a too small tiny box to save a couple of dollars.

6. These are the rules of the Threads for Shreds Jacket trade in program. Freeride Systems reserves the right to change or update the rules as needed. By participating in this process you agree to follow these rules.

7. This program was used effectively last season 2018-2019 and has been running from the early 2000's.

8. Please ask all questions in advance to help@freeridesystems.com

I will try to answer as many as I can here, as timely as possible....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cloud colorway....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4157.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	920.8 KB 
ID:	291297

Fulsus (one of our brands) on Mt Everest in the past few months with ABC News Worldwide....yep, started right here on these forum first with a piece of webbing....been a pretty wild ride.....

Name:  abcEverest_Anelise.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  380.4 KB

Name:	e10.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	961.9 KB 
ID:	291301

Get yer Colorado made fully seam taped Neoshell ski jackets right here: www.freeridesystems.com

Name:	BelgBluA3front.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	374.8 KB 
ID:	291303
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I will try to answer as many questions as I can here, as timely as possible....

Quik guide to our jacket styles:

Antero 2: Best hybrid softshell, seam taped, Polartec membraned Ski Jacket (heavier than hardshells - warmer on its own too) special arc'teryx style hood where collar is slightly separate from collar., pit zips, 3 way thru vent system for power venting and much much more...
    Antero 2+: same as teh 2 above but Polartec Neoshell hardshell
    Antero 3: Also, polartec neoshell but less expensive, due to different than 2 and 2+ hood system, Antero 3 has a traditional style one piece hood and collar in one continuos piece, pit zips, fully seam taped, etc
    LTE designation: lighter touring versions but are frequently used inbounds

I will try to answer as many as I can here, as timely as possible....

sizing: basically our jackets run a size larger than most brands....if you wear a size Large North Face, Marmot, Burton, whatever, you would most likely wear a Medium Freeride Systems jacket

Please note we have some medium talls

http://www.freeridesystems.com/sizing-specs

best in depth jacket comparisons: http://www.freeridesystems.com/jacke...nd-comparisons
    www.freeridesystems.com

Will there be smalls?!?

Antero2 FTW

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Will there be smalls?!?

Antero2 FTW
    There are only two colors in Antero 2 red, walnut

there are some small walnut but they are not listed yet and wont be for at least a month or so....

otherwise here is everything that is available with size small

http://www.freeridesystems.com/categ...ze-small-or-xs
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    There are only two colors in Antero 2 red, walnut

there are some small walnut but they are not listed yet and wont be for at least a month or so....

otherwise here is everything that is available with size small

http://www.freeridesystems.com/categ...ze-small-or-xs
    No new stock being produced?

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    No new stock being produced?
    i'm sorry to say that we have run through all of that fabric on hand and minimum is 1000 yards to reorder. however, you just jogged my memory...we will have some of that hybrid softshell fabric in the abc blue color in about 40 days and we can maybe sew a few for mags from it...

and we still have some red and walnut unsewn
    www.freeridesystems.com

Best jackets. Kinda sad I need to wear a black jacket this year and there are none available to tempt me.

Y'all won't regret getting in on this.

Sorry, I know this has been covered xxxx times but why do you want old garments? R&D or some sort of reuse effort? My Mint Antero 2 is rad btw.
    Uno mas

^thanks doebedoe, going johnny cash are we? btw im interested in any shots you might have taken in europe ...

Doremite: I take certain jackets apart for study, some I give away to local needy folks, and some go to other jacket needy.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Tryin' the volunteer patrol thing for a season for my inbounds days. We'll see.

There's more -- I just need to hunt for them.

Name:	55925777_3186121031413682_8143389140042383360_o.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	448.3 KB 
ID:	291322

Name:	55244572_3176470372378748_2273929125871747072_o (1).jpg 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	291323

Love what you do! Thanks! My hoodie smells of fish blood but you can't have it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Tryin' the volunteer patrol thing for a season for my inbounds days. We'll see.

There's more -- I just need to hunt for them.

Name:	55925777_3186121031413682_8143389140042383360_o.jpg 
Size:	448.3 KB 
ID:	291322

Name:	55244572_3176470372378748_2273929125871747072_o (1).jpg 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	291323
    i knew you might be holding some good shots....awesome, bet that was many good memories

afterthought, we have japan stores (google freeride systems and look deep like starting page 4 or 5 they start showing up,..... they only have black colored inventory, lol, altho they have us make them with no interior pockets, pit zips, and they cost like $500-600 ea....., ok, so maybe not a good option afteralll....who are you going to voly troll for this year?
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Love what you do! Thanks! My hoodie smells of fish blood but you can't have it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    awesome! thank you! love these stories....one mag uses his stuff up in ak and we have some bloody fish shots in the gallery of our website....we are not being directed by PR companies and investors, so we kind of do what we want....for instance, i think we have sent one bulk email in 10 years,....yep, maybe a bad biz practice, but we dont believe in hassling our supporters/customers...i know other brands where we are on their email lists and we get like 1-5 spam emails a week....and you wont find us dropping our jacket prices from $300-500 to $100 in March either which deValues your purchase/investment in our goods....we don't believe flooding the market is the right or fair thing to do, so all keep reppin , and we will keep it small and with value and led by performance design....frs is a pretty under the radar product.... we aim to keep it that way....it's not for everyone...

p.s. a really good film on overproduction and the garment industry is on netflix....called "the true cost" worth seeing if you have time...the glut is hudge and '2nd dirtiest industry in terms of harm to environment after the oil industry' and is known for abuse of its work force and work conditions.... no matter how many or much 1% for the planet you subscribe to, if you are making hundreds of thousands or millions of goods, and throwing or having your customers pitch product into dumps, waste cuttings, environmental hazards from fabric production or finishing....you are not doing it right....
    www.freeridesystems.com

i knew you might be holding some good shots....awesome, bet that was many good memories

afterthought, we have japan stores (google freeride systems and look deep like starting page 4 or 5 they start showing up,..... they only have black colored inventory, lol, altho they have us make them with no interior pockets, pit zips, and they cost like $500-600 ea....., ok, so maybe not a good option afteralll....who are you going to voly troll for this year?
    Loveland. Someone has to bootpack the ridge.

Holy shit -- these product images are hilarious. From: https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/...tem/fs1821001/

Name:	imgrc0096274171 (1).jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	260.5 KB 
ID:	291341
    Name:  imgrc0096274172.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  272.9 KB

^turns out these jackets are "high fashion" or something in japan.....

first shot at ridge...stabilization and control routes....errr....yes...fresh first tracks...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Didn't you used to make a jacket like the Japan one? I remember trying a blurple neoshell one with no pit zips a few years ago.

^yes, we made that in a casual Parka (Antero 4) series jacket that the Harrison fleece vests and jackets got zipped into to make a 3 in 1 jacket system...but we also make them a bunch of different stuff...like anoraks , a non hooded, non taped casual jacket, etc
    www.freeridesystems.com

That's the one. Thanks.

Name:  070F7450-07F6-4B3B-91F9-84BCDDBFD171.jpeg
Views: 783
Size:  98.0 KB

TRG takeover promo, Antero2

^sweet!
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Loveland. Someone has to bootpack the ridge.

Holy shit -- these product images are hilarious. From: https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/...tem/fs1821001/
    Looks like google translate nailed the translation perfectly, as always:

I adopt waterproofing vapor transmission material superior in moisture permeability, Polartec NeoShell to cloth at light weight.
    The food which is large in one featuring the silhouette which was refreshing while keeping a space
    Characteristic D Tyr such as a hand warmer pocket, a chest pocket
    It is equipped much.

Of course I can show the true value as a town use in the outdoor scene,
    It is an extremely rare American domestic item.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Looks like google translate nailed the translation perfectly, as always:

I adopt waterproofing vapor transmission material superior in moisture permeability, Polartec NeoShell to cloth at light weight.
    The food which is large in one featuring the silhouette which was refreshing while keeping a space
    Characteristic D Tyr such as a hand warmer pocket, a chest pocket
    It is equipped much.

Of course I can show the true value as a town use in the outdoor scene,
    It is an extremely rare American domestic item.
    this is how we describe our products......

after dropping acid
    www.freeridesystems.com

Micol, have the "Don't ever wash" instructions always been in place for the jackets? I don't remember seeing it before, and I've been hearing a lot of the opposite opinion lately (ie lots of talk about debunking the "old" theory that tech garments shouldn't be washed).

I've had my Antero II+ for 3 seasons and it still looks and functions great. I think the collar and hood are the best designs I've ever encountered. Some delam now, but I DID wash it once. The tag on my jacket says "for best results use Tekwash," so I assumed it could be washed like other outdoor garments.

^ ok i just typed about 4 paragraphs re-read and completely erased

tags are old, probably should replace with different tags

my washing stance has changed since beating jackets to death (and they dont die) but never washing.. and moving primarily to membraned hardshells vs previous renditions which were mostly softshell and some without membranes at all.....seems as the only jackets i have seen with delam were washed. i m not swearing , but most people admit to it, we can tell with most now...the way the fabric feels different...we dont use the blistering to say ok this jacket was washed. we look for separation from griege, membrane and interior...and other signs...blistering just usually one of boxes on the checklist

i promise the jackets will last a lot longer including dwr if you hit dirt spots with tap water on a wash cloth and not soak the garment in a machine grinding away in a chem bath....

my experience...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Thanks for that very important summer PSA.