Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    concerning the neck zipped up. this is the first company i tried that in MY size jacket, i can zip to the top....total protection, WITHOUT feeling choked out by the fabric on my throat. i love the extra fabric here. normally i would have to size up to get that same neck closure.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    concerning the neck zipped up. this is the first company i tried that in MY size jacket, i can zip to the top....total protection, WITHOUT feeling choked out by the fabric on my throat. i love the extra fabric here. normally i would have to size up to get that same neck closure.
    This! This thing is a ski jacket made for getting outside and skiing, if you just want one to look good strolling down the street in Aspen there are probably other alternatives. I freaking love my Anterro II, espescially when its -10 below and nuking.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    This! This thing is a ski jacket made for getting outside and skiing, if you just want one to look good strolling down the street in Aspen there are probably other alternatives. I freaking love my Anterro II, espescially when its -10 below and nuking.
    Counterpoint --

I was wearing my Antero II+ when two cougars in Aspen remembered me because of my green jacket. If it works, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Counterpoint --

I was wearing my Antero II+ when two cougars in Aspen remembered me because of my green jacket. If it works, it works.
    TOUCHE!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Any PNW mags able to comment on the performance in our mild, wet, climate?

Anyone able to compare the fit to Arcteryx? Current hardshell is a 7 year old M Alpha SV - 5-11 190#.

Looking at picking up an Antero III.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

When I get back home I will send in my pics. Good to see a mag making the most of a product and a lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post

Anyone able to compare the fit to Arcteryx? Current hardshell is a 7 year old M Alpha SV - 5-11 190#.

pretty sure we have a lot of sales into the pnw....those mags may not be reading this thread....i tried to ping one person I knew...not sure how to gain their eyes to this thread....may have to give it a minute....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I can. Same height/weight. Wore a large older Alpha, in a medium Antero II+ now. Perfect in the teens F* with a long sleeve and a nano puff insulating layer. Alpha in large may have had a touch more roomy fit.

The III is just slightly warmer (IMO) so layering may be different for you.

My II+ has treated me well. I wear it with nothing but a poly or wool tshirt touring on those 33 degree precip days. Or 0.5 degree. Then a thicker hooded baselayer when it's colder. Sometimes light down at the top or if I'm skiing lifts. It breathes as well as anything will in the rain and I haven't waterlogged it yet.

I'm 5'11" 175, I wear medium in everything and went with small tall. I could have gotten away with small, but the length is nice. There's plenty of room for a larger torso, I think if you like arc medium, you're probably a small in the antero. I suggest considering a model with separate collar/hood, it's nice.

Wondering if anyone can chime in: primarily New England skier, NH/VT lift and BC. So I ski in stupid cold wind and single digits, but also in the rain. My current jacket just does not keep me dry anymore in the rain, older delammed Marmot Cerro Torre.
    Would the A2 softshell stay dry? No one here rocks soft shells, so I am shying away.
    A2+... LTE or not? I now have a lighter weight jacket (Pata refugio) that I stuff in my pack for BC uphill, but I don't wear it inbounds because it just does not seem durable. It's more of a raincoat windbreaker thing. I am afraid it will get shredded pushing through schwack to access some stuff.
    Is A2+ not LTE still fine to ball up into a pack for BC? is LTE durable enough to push through dwarf spruce thickets without a snag/puncture?
    How different are they?
    Thanks!

The A2 is a softshell, but it has a waterproof membrane. It's the warmest of the FRS jackets and will keep you dry.

The only real reason to go LTE is if you're touring, need minimal weight/pack space, or you like the colors more.

The non A2+ still rolls up fine and fits in a pack. I carried on over a 5 day hut trip last winter in the Alps no problemo. Sure, the A2+ LTE would've been better for that use.

But as a one-jacket does all, A2+ if you're touring/packing it with some frequency, A2 for mostly inbounds.

update: best guess for end of Threads for Shreds......halloween
    www.freeridesystems.com

I don't remember who was looking for a size SMALL jacket.....but a mint color Antero 3 just popped up and is now available on our website....

http://www.freeridesystems.com/produ...ki-jacket-mint

Name:  mintA3.png
Views: 329
Size:  503.4 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com

Any medium charcoal A3s around? Probably not as the website says out of stock...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

^ no, sorry, but i cant encourage all of you guys enough that are holdouts over color.... there may come a time when u cant get one of any color very easily .....just sayin...fair warning....ive got a decade in at this point......barely have time to sew for our own online biz... due to bulk orderz that are less speculative and easier to handle....the human resources to provide my required level of sales support and customer service are dwindling....and im tiring of small failures that blemish a really good decade of work and service to our customers....

and the $30 manufactured cost patgucci competition et al doesnt help things....
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    I don't remember who was looking for a size SMALL jacket.....but a mint color Antero 3 just popped up and is now available on our website....

http://www.freeridesystems.com/produ...ki-jacket-mint

Name:  mintA3.png
Views: 329
Size:  503.4 KB
    That fuckers mint!! Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    ^ no, sorry, but i cant encourage all of you guys enough that are holdouts over color.... there may come a time when u cant get one of any color very easily .....just sayin...fair warning....ive got a decade in at this point......barely have time to sew for our own online biz... due to bulk orderz that are less speculative and easier to handle....the human resources to provide my required level of sales support and customer service are dwindling....and im tiring of small failures that blemish a really good decade of work and service to our customers....

and the $30 manufactured cost patgucci competition et al doesnt help things....
    Yeah I snagged a medium blurple recently. It's awesome but a little more purple than it looked in the photos so just checking.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

^ i think this is the one that is really purple....blurple more grape imo....
    i will hunt around and see what i can find in med grayscale colors in any style and let you know...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PurpleA3front.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	295861
    www.freeridesystems.com