Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Did you change or adjust anything in the A3 this year?
    nope
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Any more of those lightweight hoodies?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Any more of those lightweight hoodies?
    not at present...
    could materialize as a project in jan or feb
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    not at present...
    When do you do your normal production runs?

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    When do you do your normal production runs?
    we are sewing, cutting, seam taping every day....just not for our direct single online sales ....our bigger runs pay the bills and tie up resources and scheduled months into the future but lack the speculative nature of direct sales.....we work our online direct sales inventory into gaps in production as much as possible....right now we are booked with jobs through end of year and beyond....

we have a lot of great colors and styles available now. i know its not the amazon model, but this stuff is special, made in colorado to high standards , tested and well thought out before it ever makes its way to our website. .......it also takes a long time to produce, ......there may come a time in the future whereby we may not have many if any available for direct single garment sales....i really dont want that to happen, but i will not change the system to produce overseas and give up the quality and control so that we may continue to extend ourselves to our customers in terms of warranty and quality of the garment..but the bigger orders seek us out because teh want same level of service as we provide our single sale customers.....

we are:
    one or two bulk emails in ten years = no spammer (but we may send another one day....lol)
    no creepy follow me ads on internet
    no tracking you on our website
    no dumping product for cheap that make you regret buying early
    in fact, discounts given when you need them early and mid season...
    no advatorial
    no pay to play ads or spancered athletes to sway you....
    product produced proudly with caring hands domestically
    attention to your needs and desires yet balanced by reality
    stand behind our product - will fix as we are the production vs toss you a new garment
    sustainable company behavior sourcing and customer interaction
    direct community micro philanthropy
    designs by the owner from the field from living it 365/24/7
    more....

oh yeah.....founded around here on these boards...and local shops first in leadvil then beyond in 2010 but now not in the wholesale game....except in.............japan.............
    www.freeridesystems.com

You effectively sponsor have this board with you gear discounts.

Speaking of -- there's a photo of another rad-ski-biz-owner mag in your fleece over in the BBI thread.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You effectively sponsor have this board with you gear discounts.

Speaking of -- there's a photo of another rad-ski-biz-owner mag in your fleece over in the BBI thread.
    oh, yeah ha ha you are probalby right,...all of mags are spancered with us....i say thats accurate....
    blows me away when some come in and pay full price and we say hey, use the code since you are mag, and they say....nope, dont want to use the code....eternal thanks for all , crazy awesome thanks to the latter...

cool i will go check that out...love to see the pics..
    www.freeridesystems.com

Thanks for explaining that. I was wondering why you always seemed out of stock on some items and low on others and thought maybe you might have more available at other times in the year. But I guess this is no longer your main business. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Thanks for explaining that. I was wondering why you always seemed out of stock on some items and low on others and thought maybe you might have more available at other times in the year. But I guess this is no longer your main business. Makes sense.
    yep, transparency good......its not that we dont want it to be main business...but when you have quality production people that depend on you , and you on them....you need the consistency and reduced speculation of the bigger jobs.....i dont want to move away from the freeride OG customer base (and we will not dum down the jackets or move to asia) ...however....when dealing with high cost premium branded fabrics with high MOQ , and longer production times....end user peeps have to relax their wants and desires just a bit..... i think with us making less. and not spamming the brand...people can achieve with us what they get from other spam brands with more selections...

i thknk overall what we do is the truest and most sustainable (from many aspects environmental to etc) form of capitalism. if you have time watch "the true cost" on netflix about the industry...its really a sad state of affairs....as ive been quoted....lol....we dont want to make tons of crap...
    www.freeridesystems.com

hey MiCol .... any chance of having a medium black or charcoal Antero II or II+ stuffed away somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    hey MiCol .... any chance of having a medium black or charcoal Antero II or II+ stuffed away somewhere?
    i dont think so...mostly because the japan distributor buys so much black and in a special format...like no pit zips, no internal pockets...that we cant piggy back any of our own production with their runs.....i know we have about 10 things left over in warehouse that are black that were built for japan market that were overruns ( in case of production loss) i have one I customized with some patches for me....pictured.....anorak....they also gets the greyscale logos...if it is something you want me to check pm me and i will have someone look through that box....it is specific to the japan market and not the same as our stuff for the ski/ride..... i customized this japan anorak because it was left over and ive been spending some time in montana....just wanted to nascar it up a bit....and stumbled over the patches for sale at a san fran street vendors shop this summer...they were pretty old patches...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anorak.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	293816
    www.freeridesystems.com

A couple questions:

What is the performance of your product compared to GoreTex? I know/believe this is a broad questions but I ask because in another thread you mentioned how different varieties of neoshell perform differently. As I'm based on the Wet Coast of Canada, my primary focus is water-resistance. Breathability is a secondary consideration and, truth be told, I have drank the vapour barrier cool-aid and prefer that my shells are less, rather than more, breathable.

What is the cut of your jackets? I have wider shoulders for my waist size and prefer a more slim fit so that I don't have huge sails of clothing around my waist. I enjoy how my medium Arcteryx Alpha SV fits, if that is any sort of reference. The pictures on the website make it appear that your jackets are more straight/baggy of a fit?

Definitely interested in the product, where its made, the performance and the potential price point value but I have no experience with the material. I've had my Arcteryx shell for about 7 or 8 years now so have no knowledge about modern materials other than what I've read on your website and in discussions on this forum.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    A couple questions:

What is the performance of your product compared to GoreTex? I know/believe this is a broad questions but I ask because in another thread you mentioned how different varieties of neoshell perform differently. As I'm based on the Wet Coast of Canada, my primary focus is water-resistance. Breathability is a secondary consideration and, truth be told, I have drank the vapour barrier cool-aid and prefer that my shells are less, rather than more, breathable.

What is the cut of your jackets? I have wider shoulders for my waist size and prefer a more slim fit so that I don't have huge sails of clothing around my waist. I enjoy how my medium Arcteryx Alpha SV fits, if that is any sort of reference. The pictures on the website make it appear that your jackets are more straight/baggy of a fit?

Definitely interested in the product, where its made, the performance and the potential price point value but I have no experience with the material. I've had my Arcteryx shell for about 7 or 8 years now so have no knowledge about modern materials other than what I've read on your website and in discussions on this forum.

As you are probably aware I am based in drier climates. However, I have had the neoshell in a wide variety of environments due to my nomadic lifestyle. With seam tape I have not had any issues with water leakage. For the record I have had neoshell pants in a softshell makeup and even tho after approx 5 season my pants dwr is gone in many high contact areas, the pants do not leak.

Most of our hardshell versions are close enough in face denier and with the same tricot backing perform in a very similar manner. The Antero 3 jackets get 2 layers of fabric in the front and that can beef up those garments front moreso than the antero 2+ style and depending on whether it starts as regular weight version or the LTE. But, in the end, the pnw and ec mags probably get the most contact with rain or high moisture content snow and hopefully some of them will weigh in here. We have a lot of jackets in both of those areas and I do not know of a single complaint. Im not saying they dont exist but no one has posted up here or emailed us about it. And, i kno u said 2nd fiddle on breathabilty, but it is unmatched imo.

As for fit, we send out a fit and sizing email before shipping. It is there that we really dig into those questions. I would need to know more, but it sounds like you would be servex by our small or med tall versions. Again hopefully some mags will weigh in with their experiences. The waist cinch does a lot to control any excess flapping in torso due to it being the same system that acts as your powder skirt. there is no pow skirt, the bottom hem of the jacket contains the elastic cord. i have had ppl chime in on threads that have never ownex our jackets and say they have to have a separate pow skirt, fact is it is not necessary, plus were all pros round here, right?, we dont fall....but even if u do there are very few problems, none if u happen to use bibs.....

we take a lot of high end performance brands on trade and none of these traders have ever come to us and said hey i want my old jacket back..... we would luv to add u to our freeride family....
    www.freeridesystems.com

One bit of feedback i can give about the Antero III: seems like there is an inch or two of extra fabric in the neck area of the jacket. When zipped all they way up it allows for coverage and "tucking" ones chin in to avoid wind/snow etc. However it's on the longer side so when you want the jacket fully zipped up but don't tuck your chin there is extra fabric that bunches up. Just giving feedback, maybe you will recieve similar from others and take a look at that area of fabric.

I'm excited to fully use and abuse the jacket this season. Definitely quality work you are doing and looking forward to reaping the benefits.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

One bit of feedback i can give about the Antero III: seems like there is an inch or two of extra fabric in the neck area of the jacket. When zipped all they way up it allows for coverage and "tucking" ones chin in to avoid wind/snow etc. However it's on the longer side so when you want the jacket fully zipped up but don't tuck your chin there is extra fabric that bunches up. Just giving feedback, maybe you will recieve similar from others and take a look at that area of fabric.

I'm excited to fully use and abuse the jacket this season. Definitely quality work you are doing and looking forward to reaping the benefits.
    Bunched up is ok, should not be a bother. But, try using it all the way up to the bottom of the goggles, (above mouth below nose) Leave a space for your nose to vent tho or u might fog your goggles - this can be balaclava canceling in some climates...
    www.freeridesystems.com

Bunched up is ok, should not be a bother. But, try using it all the way up to the bottom of the goggles, (above mouth below nose) Leave a space for your nose to vent tho or u might fog your goggles - this can be balaclava canceling in some climates...
    All I recommend is continued R&D of the amount of fabric in that neck zone. Just constructive criticism. It's probably hard to find the balance between face coverage fully zipped up and excessive bunching of fabric.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

All I recommend is continued R&D of the amount of fabric in that neck zone. Just constructive criticism. It's probably hard to find the balance between face coverage fully zipped up and excessive bunching of fabric.
    feedback always encouraged and appreciated....sometimes we rework.....and we will take a look for sure, but this has about 4 years or so of being out in mtn conditions... imo better to have a little extra bunch of fabric when down around neck than not enough to do this (pic)....if you dont want face coverage, push it down and it protects the neck , (it wont flap due to elastic cord adjustment)...but without it, u will never be able to do this......

offset the zipper from nose a tad, use elastic cord on each side to cinch in....instant breathable membraned face protection....in its element here....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4585.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	812.2 KB 
ID:	293916

think about how nice it is not to have a tubular balaclava that is 1) head covering and retaining too much heat creating google fog, 2) tube of balaclava around neck inside your jacket you can not take off without removing goggles , helment, maybe gloves to do all that....whereas here, say on a lift, pop this baby up till you get off the lift 2) bootpacking a ridgeline and a blustery gust blows up , pull it up, when gust leaves, let it down...no tight elastic balaclava interferring with your breathing around the neck...or head insulation making you run hot and fogging eyewear....
    www.freeridesystems.com

not at present...
    we will take 4.

we will take 4.
    noted!
    www.freeridesystems.com

Is the Antero 3 Polartec Neoshell Hardshell your most water resistant shell?

Is the Antero 3 Polartec Neoshell Hardshell your most water resistant shell?
    these would be top in no specific order: A2+, A3, A5
    www.freeridesystems.com

If you're wet in an Antero 2+ you don't want to be skiing anymore.

(Unless you're a crazy person from the PNW)

I am going to become a customer this year Arcteryx has not honored there warranty 2 times now. One was a reasonable repair but wouldn’t do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftyt View Post
    I am going to become a customer this year Arcteryx has not honored there warranty 2 times now. One was a reasonable repair but wouldn’t do anything for me.
    we would love to have you!
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leftyt View Post
    I had an Arcteryx Alpha SV. Rather than send it in under warranty, I decided to trade that shit up for an A2+ with this program last year. I'm glad I did.