Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    ^ crimson
    and
    cloud
    are very cool colors

btw: for all to kno, we are only shipping on fridays at this point in year. So, anyone wanting to have things shipped on friday should have orders in by noon Thurs.

Thurs afternoon spent packaging and label making for friday mail pick up which comes at midday....

just so every knows
    Hmm, crimson. Although I am a Bama fan, I don't know if I could deal with the increased noticeability.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Hmm, crimson. Although I am a Bama fan, I don't know if I could deal with the increased noticeability.
    no one hardly knew that till u let th cat out of the bag...lol...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I don't know if I could deal with the increased noticeability.
    That's literally my dilemma with every jacket purchase*

Someone needs to invent a fabric that's fluorescent while touring, iridescent at the ski area, and quiescent in town.

*but not because of football.

Are you looking to integrate the pocket set up like we discussed with the pics I sent or is that going to be more of a custom option?

^remind me again...my mind is slipping...too much fabric lint ...clouding my brain....
    www.freeridesystems.com

^remind me again...my mind is slipping...too much fabric lint ...clouding my brain....
    Via pm we spoke about the big chest pockets and eliminate the lower pockets where a pack waist strap would cover them. I sent a few pics of my Trew jacket for a idea of what they look like and size.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Via pm we spoke about the big chest pockets and eliminate the lower pockets where a pack waist strap would cover them. I sent a few pics of my Trew jacket for a idea of what they look like and size.
    ok , so the way we are keeping all the jackets pretty light and the membrane from being blocked/obstructed by second and third layers of fabric that would be needed to hang a big pocket in at that level would not work. Also, placement in the middle of the torso would not allow for us to place the pocket bags with the ability to terminate them in the fold at bottom hem for strength. You cant thrust your hand through the bottom of our pockets because the fabric is folded into the bottom hem.

also...
    After repeatedly trying our pockets under various packs we are just not getting that much interference with hip straps and the waist pockets. Most straps are going above the pockets and if they do cross paths, the #5 vislon ykk is pretty free flowing regardless so it only requires a slight maneuver to open the pocket...now if we were using an aquaguard zipper which has a lot of issues with ease of movement anyway, there would be more of an issue.

if the question is why can trew, flylow, strafe or anyone else do it? my guess to the answer would be that they don't mind adding multiple layers of fabric that are obstructing the flow through the primary membraned fabric. I am not sure a lot of these brands are involved in the engineering of how pockets get built. They just use their ERP software to place elements like like a pocket opening, or a grommet or a velcro tab, etc, and then let the chinese pattern maker figure out how to make it work. Bigger brands may have a full time pattern maker on hand in their business. (most smaller do not but may try to sub out in usa or just rely on the chinese) . From me talking to the producers in china and vietnam, at shows, this is primarily a function that they handle for the smaller brands as part of the jacket price. Now, if the pattern maker is not a field expert on the fabric performance you are going to get things done, just to make it work from a mechanical standpoint with no consideration toward how it may affect the primary fabric performance. pocket bags add 2 layers to most jacktets. if the jacket has internal pockets and other apparatus in there, the layers start mounting...and the performance of the jacket main fabric suffers, and its wearer has issues they don't even realize till they get a garment that does not do this. so a couple of pockets with internal and maybe some other things could add 3-5 layers behind the primary face fabric. This is not good.

long story short, we will let the other brands do whatever they think is necessary to market their wares. from my standpoint and 10 seasons with essentially the same design being used in the back country heavily, without issue, other than slight hand manipulation, i am going to leave it be. I would rather have the pocket be strong sewn into the hem, and not block my breathability in a substantial manner.
    www.freeridesystems.com

^ I also should add that now that as i am recreating in some new more extreme higher consequence terrain daily, I find myself using an avi vest airbag system and those are not made from high performance tech membraned fabric, mostly due to strength issues for what they do....so i have noticed with a vest on that jacket performance drops heavily. The last thing I want is more obstructions (layers) added between my vest and my body. An Antero 2+ really adds one layer...that is as good as it gets imo....

this is an added benefit for resort skiers with our garments and def helps with back country high aerobic slope approach (skinning) activities and the need for breathing garments over a (if ranked for eas of access with 10 being easiest) a 10 rank of ease to our maybe 7 or 8.
    www.freeridesystems.com

It wasn’t so much about pack waist belt interference as it was about holding items I need in immediate reach/storage, water bladder, snacks, etc. I like to keep my pack super light when inbounds, and out, and balance it with immediate essentials in my chest pockets.
    No worries man, you do what you’ve been doing. Just curious as all as I like your outerwear but for my preference I won’t own a jacket without those features. Creature of habit. I’ve tried to move away from them but just hate not having them for quick access to my essentials.
    I also didn’t notice any difference in fabric performance with the pockets. Ymmv. Still strongly looking into your base layers.

MiCol,
    Pulling the trigger on the Antero 2 soft-shell insulated. it says bright red on the website, I am hoping that is Crimson? The other option is Walnut brown>

Help a brother out!

Figured my own shit out. Gonna try the bright red! See what its all about and how the fit is. I'm guessing we can return if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    MiCol,
    Pulling the trigger on the Antero 2 soft-shell insulated. it says bright red on the website, I am hoping that is Crimson? The other option is Walnut brown>

Help a brother out!
    sorry man..... the crimson sold out like 2 seasons back...the one's for sale now are bright red....

you will get an email from a customer service rep before we ship with sizing info and questions....or you can ask me here....or anyone in this thread that owns one....all sizes and styles fit pretty much the same this year....
    www.freeridesystems.com

I'm glad the program is going again; thanks for doing this Mike.

I read the part about you being buried with uniform and corporate work (good). Will the Fulsus website have any new stuff available in different colors and sizes other than what's on the Freeride Systems page?

I love my steeze green Antero 2+. I did the Enduro at Abay while I was back home this spring and I couldn't believe how well it performed. I like it a lot more than my old ArcTeryx Alpha SV or whatever. I want to pick up another jacket for work this year...something a little less bright though lol

^Thanks R....the plan is to have fulsus product stocking up later this Fall...for some reason its more active from Jan-April, just pm or email me with details on the job thing and i will drum something up for you....
    www.freeridesystems.com

A2+ ordered. Thanks for the discount. Keeping my current hardshell as a backup beater.

A3 ordered for the collection. Screaming deal on quality gear

^^ thanks guys, that means a lot, we and i appreciate the support, without folks like you , we would not be where we are today...so, if you see a blue jacket on everest with abc, or reporting from across the globe, a sar team, a ski patrol, an avi forecaster, etc, etc, a fellow skier or rider.....know that you are a part of that , and literally the product would not exist without your support and people like you....
    www.freeridesystems.com

candy sample....
    http://www.freeridesystems.com/categ...series-jackets
    no plastic balls included.... lol.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BelgBluA3front.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	374.8 KB 
ID:	292493

Name:	NewGReenA3front.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	342.7 KB 
ID:	292494

Name:	LemonA3front.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	332.3 KB 
ID:	292495

Name:	PurpleA3front.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	292496
    www.freeridesystems.com

Are those remaining stock indicator bars per size listed on the website?

It looks like for each size, a highlighted bar indicates when stock starts to run low for a size. If that is correct that is a great website feature.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Are those remaining stock indicator bars per size listed on the website?

It looks like for each size, a highlighted bar indicates when stock starts to run low for a size. If that is correct that is a great website feature.

yes, thanks, those bars do indicate remaining stock
    www.freeridesystems.com

its been pointed out our crimson bama is actually harvard crimson and the name of the schoal paper.....therefore, we are raising its price to double the current asking......jk

http://www.freeridesystems.com/produ...et-crimson-red
    www.freeridesystems.com

its been pointed out our crimson bama is actually harvard crimson and the name of the schoal paper.....therefore, we are raising its price to double the current asking......jk

http://www.freeridesystems.com/produ...et-crimson-red
    Glad I ordered mine this morning.

Thanks for an awesome program for an awesome product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Glad I ordered mine this morning.

Thanks for an awesome program for an awesome product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    your welcome, thank you
    www.freeridesystems.com

some more A3 line up
    Lemon good for digging vehicle out of snow....upscale yellow jackets, with stretch and heavier weight than the lighter LTE versions

bright yellow

Name:	BrghtYelA3front.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	353.2 KB 
ID:	293029
    lemon

Name:	LemonA3front.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	332.3 KB 
ID:	293026
    bluple

Name:	GrapeA3front.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	333.8 KB 
ID:	293027
    www.freeridesystems.com

Did you change or adjust anything in the A3 this year?
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.