Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Settle down Bevis, I applauded your effort.
    Both Fred and foggy.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Sat around in my underwear at home till noon today. Drove around threw out some atta boys and high fives. Met my 24 year old lady friend for lunch. Drove around some more. Stopped at the office checked tgr. Grabbed a nug out of the shop stash. Trying to figure out where to mtb at four today. Who knew making money was so easy?

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app
    That chick is 42 and you know it. Your SM-J737V phone is autocorrecting or something. Lol

Size 24

Step brother in law is a large residential development contractor in Summit. I'd ask him for a recommendation but he's a dick and we ignore each other. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    So your GC has already told you fuck the budget and schedule.
    Now you're going to help him/her find subcontractors.
    Haha that sounds like the case
    Gotta plan out and be schedule chill in summit unless you are a prime job... I think craven might qualify for that though...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    That chick is 42 and you know it. Your SM-J737V phone is autocorrecting or something. Lol
    That or fred was the guy who was advertising as a suggadaddy looking for a sugarbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    It has been said before but trim carpenters are kinda crusty assholes.
    OH you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Step brother in law is a large residential development contractor in Summit. I'd ask him for a recommendation but he's a dick and we ignore each other. Sorry.
    I wonder who that is. I'm pretty sure my first guess is right.

Did you get all your new subs lined up today craven?

I was out and about today and a sales person I deal w was talking shit about how the homeowners show up trying to do price control and quantity control to save a buck or just cut out the contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    That or fred was the guy who was advertising as a suggadaddy looking for a sugarbaby
    I pretty open about situations I've got a dentist on retainer to provide a contract if needed

But yeah I'll be a sugar daddy. As long as she follows the rules

She was complaining that you really are fast. I think her exact words were “two-pump chump”.

Congrats Craven. There are a ton of homes being built by some good builders. or appear to be?

but maybe better ask which subs NOT to use? If anyone mentions a master electricians whose name starts w an R and ends with an N and talks about his daughter being in a vail Christian school, id tell ur GC to pass

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    It all runs on MST, mountain stoner time, just a little bit slower or a lot sometimes. Around here, it's the menonites if you want to get something built in a summer season.

To add, let me know if you want Merv and Lurv's number.
    MST=Funny ass shit!

I'm guessing Cravenmorehead is a guy that is motivated and gets shit done. So if he hears a problem, he's there to help, lend a hand, whatever. It's a fine line between helping and being overbearing though, sure. You don't want to tell a 'man' how to do their job, ever. Being overbearing will get you shut you down of course, even if you mean well. And in the contractor world, the customer is never first, unless you have millions then, maybe? That is the hard reality, when timing is important and you wanna move fast, and when isn't timing important on remodels?....timing is only important to the customer only, sure. Right Craven? Guessing here on what yer thinking.....maybe projecting myself, too. OK, definitely projecting...desperation leads you to the Fast Freds and I totally understand, you just suck it up and deal. Fred, no offense, I wanna have a beer with you sometime, but I never want to work with you. But you seem to be much much much better than my current contractor, so kudos?

Dealing with (some) mountain contractors is like playing patty-cake with a grown-up boy, you try to point them in the right direction and help out but they think they are gods gift and really there is nothing you can do to teach them how to run a biz or be a man. So don't do that, sit back and smile as you grit your teeth just to get done with this bullshit process. They need space, a ton of money, and a lotta time. You find one that gets shit done though efficiently though, I'd kiss his ass and more. (Actually you gotta kiss ass to the dumb ones if you don't want them to flake, ha. They don't understand feedback)

The decent contractors are definitely out there and not impossible to find, but they are so booked and expensive, good luck man. I wish I knew one. I'm dealing with a remodel right now, vibes...it's a silly process. May I be rich enough to hire the best and not care about timing in a future life...

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    What he said....
    Again, NOT exclusive to mountain towns. This is why a good architect is so important. Make sure they paint within the lines, call them out (or have the architect do it, even better) if they don't, and don't move too many of the lines.

Fred's got it nailed in more ways than one. When I met my now wife, Matsuhisa was a regular stop. As for building, there's a reason it's the #1 way to destroy marriages and sobriety on both sides of the game. I'm glad I'm not in it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Again, NOT exclusive to mountain towns. This is why a good architect is so important. Make sure they paint within the lines, call them out (or have the architect do it, even better) if they don't, and don't move too many of the lines.
    That’s what I’m slowly realizing, so my phase 2 will be with an architect. Really, I can only blame myself for being inexperienced, and everything is kinda working out, it’s just going slowwwwwww. Just had to rant a bit because it feels good to.