E13 hubs / pre-built wheels

How's the quality of e13 hubs? A friend is selling some e13 pre-built wheels that he got when buying an Intense, and he doesn't want to keep the carbon e13 wheelset.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Havent heard a lot of good. Some people have had good luck but there always seems to be complaonts with e-13 parts in general. You may want to look in the comments section of their recent release of a stem and bars on pinkbike. Think i saw a few mentiins of the wheels. Ill leave it at that, ive no personal experience

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Havent heard a lot of good. Some people have had good luck but there always seems to be complaonts with e-13 parts in general. You may want to look in the comments section of their recent release of a stem and bars on pinkbike. Think i saw a few mentiins of the wheels. Ill leave it at that, ive no personal experience

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...gjh8Z7Y0fA7guz

Thanks. Definitely some complaints about their hubs.

Too bad... Would be a new carbon wheelset for somewhere in the $600 range.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I had a pair of their alloy wheels that came with my Sentinel. They were noisy as fuck and felt draggy compared to my DT350s. That said, they'd survived 1 year as a demo bike without being destroyed or seizing bearings. Sold them for $200.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...gjh8Z7Y0fA7guz

Thanks. Definitely some complaints about their hubs.

Too bad... Would be a new carbon wheelset for somewhere in the $600 range.
    If youre not in a hurry email or use their chat(theyll email you straight away) light bicycle and ask to be notified when their fall sale happens. They had a bunch of options around your 600usd ceiling. Hope,i9 onyx ,dt were all options. 2 years and mine have been great, zero issues

What size wheels / what hub width you looking for?

I put about 3000 miles on a set of their carbon wheels. Decent engagement, loud. As mentioned, had more drag than most. I bent a rear axle, which was weird. I do like to huck but I’m only 140 lbs dry. They sent me out two replacements real fast. The rims were bomber for me. Smashed the shit out of them without issue.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I'm not really looking for a wheelset, this just seemed like a good deal if the hubs were OK. Sounds like something to pass on.

No problems with mine yet.

X-post. About a year on these e13 rims with dt350 hubs. Came on my nomad. Hoping to warranty but not holding my breath(no email response in 6 days yet). Not super impressed. Prob end up buying a new set of rims.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190810_092025.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	291250Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190810_092038.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	291251

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app