Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    She sounds like a keeper.
    Every aspect of her. You think I would overlook the family baggage if she wasn't. I don't even regret not marrying into wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You are an asshole if you don't tell us how it all works out.
    Me? I’ll talk to her around when I need to be making a decision.... if I remember to update y’all I will.

Her mom has decided to only communicate with me through the kids, so I’m waiting for that to settle down and for her to decide we’re best buds again to broach anything of the sort. Could be a week, could be a month. This cycle lasts anywhere from a few days to a couple months, usually. Just rolling with it in the meantime.
    focus.

I was intending a joke -- apologies if that didn't come across. You don't owe us shit. Just hoping for a good outcome for you and her. (Not so much the ex.)

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    It's all good. I'll head back out the door.
    Nah, you’ll be back.
    You’re too much of an attention whore.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Grandpa is 400+ pounds and recently was diagnosed with the diabetes. Grandma is four years post kidney transplant, very arthritic, and also recently diagnosed with the diabetes. They spend their days between learning a new diet, shuffling their son's kids around, making doc appointments and for excitement, like to spice their world up with monthly ER visits while they figure out their meds which has been going on years now. They're usually too tired in the evening to do much.

Son went back to school as a 40 year old by taking out student loans to get a K-12 PE teaching cert. I forgot to mention he met a 23 year old in class, proposed, she said yes, then started hanging out with the family and his kids and then said no. Tried teaching for awhile but didn't like it so he quit. Now he's busy during the week "looking for jobs". This has also been going on for a few years. He is now living in a house with mom 3 and 1-5 kids depending who has custody at the time. The grandparents took a second mortgage on their own home to provide him while doing all this on teachers' pensions.

They are all very Christian and god has a plan for them so make sure to go to church every Sunday. "It's really convenient for everyone" to meet at Sizzlers for lunch and uncle George's Budweisers after church. Then we go to great grandma's house for expired ice cream that she found in the chest freezer in the garage. You wouldn't think it would expire in a deep freeze but apparently back in the 80's, Albertson's had a really good sale and she stockpiled. Good thing too, because they do birthday parties not only for the kids, but every family member of every age within a 150 mile radius and attendance is expected.

My only gripe is my GF and I out of her entire local family, are the only two with jobs and hobbies. I think b-day parties and every other G-Dam holiday out there is their hobbies and those will be celebrated on Sundays. Other than the black sheep uncle George, none of them drink because it's bad for your health. Honestly, if I were in the health state of any of them, I'd probably just start heroine.
    This whole scenario is typical of a significant proportion of the bus ridership where I work....

edit: and, frustratingly, most of my coworkers and the mgmt:
    Name:  44AD8EF5-6E7E-4FDD-ABFC-9327F4D91BD7.jpeg
Views: 268
Size:  129.3 KB
    and just the whole scene with my job and the people involved.

Typical to the extent that I can easily put your descriptions of these people right onto any number of day-to-day regulars I deal with all the time.
    Not fun. Notttt funnnnn.

Not. Fun.

It's all good. I'll head back out the door. And Bobo bragged about missing his kids birth. I'm just reiterating what he wrote (and helping OP keep perspective...missing one bday for a week long mostly paid ski trip is nothing compared to missing her actual birth for one day on the pass). Fuck you, fuck you, you're cool. I'm out.
    Have you thought about asking Flowing out? Maybe a coffee or sumthin? Hmm?

He’s probably not into whatever gender you feel you are though but can’t hurt.

This obsession you have is quite embarrassing for you, let’s try to keep it private mmmkay.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don’t have kids but make every effort to skip my girlfriend’s brother’s kid’s birthdays. I catch shit from her family sometimes for it. Then I remind them that I’m sure there will be future birthday party opportunities given the dipshit’s track record. Mom 1- 21, 18, and 15 year olds. Mom 2-4 year old. Mom 3-2 and <1 year olds. He met moms 2 and 3 on Cristian Mingles and had them each knocked up within a month of the first date. They were unaware of mom 3’s second pregnancy until she went in for an unrelated surgery that she ended up having to postpone. Moms 2&3 also have two kids of their own each from prior dads that sometimes end up at the birthday parties.

After walking them down memory lane that is junior’s broad reaching branch of the ol’ family tree, I usually get a guilt free kitchen pass to go skiing.

My girlfriend is adopted hence her being my lady.

In conclusion, I have no real advice for you but you are also not posting your question on www.howtoparentgood.com.
    so Christian mingle sounds like a good place to hook up?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    so Christian mingle sounds like a good place to hook up?
    with fat chicks that have multiple kids from different daddies

^^^^ This has been my impression so far. Don't forget that due to the religious affiliations and lack of birth control, you may want to pull out early.

Set her up on a dream date with a member of a royal family?

^^^^ This has been my impression so far. Don't forget that due to the religious affiliations and lack of birth control, you may want to pull out early.
    sounds like a clear case for rearendgate.

You were just jealous that you didn’t have yer own e-stalker...

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Like you?
    I know what I am. Doesnt matter how much I try. It's been that way as far as I can remember.

Ugly, stupid, pos burden. Worthless. Annoying. Fat and unlovable.

Doesnt matter how hard I try. I can't change it. I use to try real hard.

Acceptance is the key to happiness so it's best not to forget. No, I deserve all shit I get. Its true. Keep it front and center.

Plenty of great maggot citizens get a ton of shit, though.

You know, super fit, attractive, witty and successful. Like all of you. Smart, capable men!

Excellent skiers, too!

And you tell each other to harden up, this is TGR! Shit gets thrown!

So it's pretty odd that one of your leaders packed up his toys and went home crying over some pretty minor shit flying.

Ironic, actually.

Oh shit...
    I still call it The Jake.

Kracken backen
    watch out for snakes

Now that, mtngirl, is how you make a point. Bravo.

Check in: Am I being an asshole to skip a kid’s bday for skiing?

Is this relevant because your dad skipped your birthday to go skiing?

Sounds like deeper issues exist between you, yourself and Flowing. Not sure why he’s the one that got singled out when, as you say, it’s a community issue.

This place is what it is. I venture to say that while I disagree with a lot of the content here, most of not all of the people I’ve met in person are accepting, friendly and generally not bullies. As in all communities there are groups, cliques, tribes, whatever but that is universal. Take it or leave it, but giving tbssux a pass simply because they were going after flowing (and presumably tbs) is bullshit. Take a stand against all bullying or step aside. IMHO

You know, super fit, attractive, witty and successful. Like all of you. Smart, capable men!

Excellent skiers, too!
    Don’t forget the dentistry skills.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Is this relevant because your dad skipped your birthday to go skiing?

Sounds like deeper issues exist between you, yourself and Flowing. Not sure why he’s the one that got singled out when, as you say, it’s a community issue.

This place is what it is. I venture to say that while I disagree with a lot of the content here, most of not all of the people I’ve met in person are accepting, friendly and generally not bullies. As in all communities there are groups, cliques, tribes, whatever but that is universal. Take it or leave it, but giving tbssux a pass simply because they were going after flowing (and presumably tbs) is bullshit. Take a stand against all bullying or step aside. IMHO
    This is the string of comments I was replying to.

That strategy would have helped flowing alpy. He skipped his daughter's birth (not birthday) to go day skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Hey fucker, clearly you showing yourself the door didn’t work...

Your continued harassment of flowing has far eclipsed anything he’s done here that might be considered objectionable.

Common mods do your fucking jobs and ban this piece of shit.

Yeah, that’s right, I’m pissed.

It's all good. I'll head back out the door. And Bobo bragged about missing his kids birth. I'm just reiterating what he wrote (and helping OP keep perspective...missing one bday for a week long mostly paid ski trip is nothing compared to missing her actual birth for one day on the pass). Fuck you, fuck you, you're cool. I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    The amount of shit flowing had/has been given is minor by TGR standards and a thread got deleted and flowing left over it.

It's not really fair to allow some people to be relentlessly bullied and not others. Nobody typed anything at flowing that's far out of line compared to what has been tolerated at others.
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Like you?
    I mean, sure. The mod should ban the alias giving him shit only if he bans everyone giving everyone else shit, too.

Excellent skiers, too!

To be fair, I think I would be a very unattractive female.

I mean, sure. The mod should ban the alias giving him shit only if he bans everyone giving everyone else shit, too.
    A) there is more than one mod around this place
    B) there is a difference between targeted harassment, and being on the receiving end of "shit given"

Feel free to not respond - i dare you.

And, for the record, irony is you giving Flowing shit for having thin skin... SMH

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Name:  44AD8EF5-6E7E-4FDD-ABFC-9327F4D91BD7.jpeg
Views: 268
Size:  129.3 KB
    I'd ride her bus.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Magic bus

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    A) there is more than one mod around this place
    B) there is a difference between targeted harassment, and being on the receiving end of "shit given"

Feel free to not respond - i dare you.

And, for the record, irony is you giving Flowing shit for having thin skin... SMH
    Thin skin? I have never called for anyone to be banned except the person posting my co workers photo and first and last name claiming it was me.

I get more shit than anyone.

I have a thin skin?

Targeted harassment? Come on.

And how about this? I dare you not to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Magic bus
    The Magic bus is a small bus.
    Name:  VT-Ski-Area-Bus-advertising-Wrap.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  138.8 KB

That woman in the pic drives something like a Van Hool 45.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang