Lost Bernese Mtn Dog possibly in Taos area

So this dog went missing around the Independence Pass Area over a month ago. There is a thought that some transient has him and there have been multiple sightings around CO.
    There is a van fest down in Taos this weekend and I was looking for any mags who could print this flyer out and post it and also keep an eye out The owners think this person might show up there.
    I don’t know the owners of the dog but this really hits home for me. I really feel their pain and hoping we can help them out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7037.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	647.8 KB 
ID:	291045

Bump for some doggy love

On it. I’ve got a good friend whose the organizer of that event.

Quote Originally Posted by the_flying_v View Post
    On it. I’ve got a good friend whose the organizer of that event.
    Maybe you could pass that on?

This has now been forwarded to my Taos people who will forward it all over Taos, I'm sure it's already moving around via other means, but that's a small place.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    This has now been forwarded to my Taos people who will forward it all over Taos, I'm sure it's already moving around via other means, but that's a small place.
    Thanks a ton

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Any progress???
    So he was spotted in Cathedral Park area. Can anyone down there keep a eye out for him and or call me so we can grab this dog. Someone can grab the dog then call animal control or police to have them scan the dog.
    The guy who has the dog is 5,7” 150 lbs full beard strawberry hair.
    You can call me at 970 nine four eight 233 seven.
    You can call the owner at 937 559 3259
    Let’s get this dog back to her
    2500 reward as ell, but I am not trying to get that. Just trying to help

Cathedral Park in Taos or the one in Santa Fe?

I only ask because I don’t know of a Cathedral Park in Taos and I’m in SF, but hey...

Lost Bernese Mtn Dog possibly in Taos area

It must be in Santa Fe.

Let me check

Yes Sante Fe

I was just in SF’s Cathedral Park this afternoon. Will keep my eyes open.

Thanks.

Damn. Headed to van gathering now. If any additional info arises I’ll be sure to post.

I am intently watching this thread. I'm hoping that this scraggly wook gets a beatdown.

I did a number of laps around downtown Santa Fe, looking in places where the...um, transients hang out - parks, parking lots, skate park - without any luck. I’ll check again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I did a number of laps around downtown Santa Fe, looking in places where the...um, transients hang out - parks, parking lots, skate park - without any luck. I’ll check again tomorrow.
    Ok thanks for your help. So sad to hear that.

I know we don’t care about the reward but the transients will.

Might be worth dropping that card.

Nothing at van gathering. If anyone gets word of him headed N again please PM me ASAP.

Thanks again for your help

Ummm, folks? Please don't go bothering people just cuz they happen to have the same breed of dog or something. There's more than one of these in the country, prolly. I think I found the fb version of this thread, and that's kinda what people seem to be doing.

Hippies crack me up...

Quote Originally Posted by EZB View Post
    Ummm, folks? Please don't go bothering people just cuz they happen to have the same breed of dog or something. There's more than one of these in the country, prolly. I think I found the fb version of this thread, and that's kinda what people seem to be doing.

Hippies crack me up...
    Duly noted.

Hippies crack me up...
    Huh, if I had one of these special pets and someone was looking for a lost one, it would be NO bother to take a minute to talk. And if anyone would remember seeing a transient with a BMD, it's another BMD owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Hippies crack me up...
    Huh, if I had one of these special pets and someone was looking for a lost one, it would be NO bother to take a minute to talk. And if anyone would remember seeing a transient with a BMD, it's another BMD owner.
    Not to say I told ya so, but I TOLD YA SO...
    Name:  RipleyAFU.JPG
Views: 558
Size:  67.9 KB

Not that it's important, but the whole notion that some homeless skier wound up hitchhiking to NM with her dog, was ludicrous from the get-go. There were Leadville people who contacted her because they work in a ski shop with a dude who SKIED THE PASS THAT DAY with his own BMD. She has known all along that the only way her wild-goose-chase could be true, is if there were two of these skiers and two of these dogs, that day.

I'm not gonna lay blame cuz it's hard to know what anybody would do, in the absence of any lead at all other than this one, but she basically buried the details of this cuz a 0.00001% chance is better than no chance at all. I hope she finds her dog.