Pieps Micro Bt Button

Would you ever rock one of these? I'm in the market for something compact to put inside my European handbag. This one or the tracker3.

I've not seen one in person but have watched the promotion video. From what I can see the carry bracket/holster holds the unit pretty snugly but it doesn't appear to 'lock' it in. If that's the case then my concern is that if one was caught in a slide and the unit was knocked out of its holster then the unit will automatically switch from transmit to search which isn't good if you're the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    I've not seen one in person but have watched the promotion video. From what I can see the carry bracket/holster holds the unit pretty snugly but it doesn't appear to 'lock' it in. If that's the case then my concern is that if one was caught in a slide and the unit was knocked out of its holster then the unit will automatically switch from transmit to search which isn't good if you're the victim.
    He’s asking about the new ‘button’ version, I think, which doesn’t have the auto-switch behavior, but you use a button instead to switch modes (like a normal beacon).

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    He’s asking about the new ‘button’ version, I think, which doesn’t have the auto-switch behavior, but you use a button instead to switch modes (like a normal beacon).
    Ah, didn't realise they had a new model coming out next season. It's certainly compact compared to their other models:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pieps range, ISPO Jan 19.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	697.0 KB 
ID:	291081

Hi...with the latest software update on the Micro it now has a 50m circular search range, not the 40m mentioned in the video or tech specs above. Easy to update through the Pieps app

I'm a thigh guy and less bulk is good for me. I'm going to give it a try.

Looking at that button and keeping it in the thigh pocket...I don't know now. I wonder what the switch function actually is. Button hold down and that's it?

I have the regular Micro and the top flag button is a hold for 3 seconds button to unlock and put the beacon into search-auto-send mode. From the above picture, the send/search button is linked to the flag button with "confirm" in place of where the original one says "press 3s" with lock icons. I would guess the new BT version is a 3 second hold button to switch between send and search.

To add, on the regular the flag button is disabled when it's in send in your pocket, probably true for the new model for both buttons.

Personally not a fan of that button on the face. Seems too easy to push in a thigh pocket, but curious if anyone has spent time with one of these too

I don't know. I already don't feel comfortable with it. I liked my old Pulse. It was pretty bulky, but I trusted it.