Pieps Micro Bt Button

Would you ever rock one of these? I'm in the market for something compact to put inside my European handbag. This one or the tracker3.

I've not seen one in person but have watched the promotion video. From what I can see the carry bracket/holster holds the unit pretty snugly but it doesn't appear to 'lock' it in. If that's the case then my concern is that if one was caught in a slide and the unit was knocked out of its holster then the unit will automatically switch from transmit to search which isn't good if you're the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    I've not seen one in person but have watched the promotion video. From what I can see the carry bracket/holster holds the unit pretty snugly but it doesn't appear to 'lock' it in. If that's the case then my concern is that if one was caught in a slide and the unit was knocked out of its holster then the unit will automatically switch from transmit to search which isn't good if you're the victim.
    He’s asking about the new ‘button’ version, I think, which doesn’t have the auto-switch behavior, but you use a button instead to switch modes (like a normal beacon).

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    He’s asking about the new ‘button’ version, I think, which doesn’t have the auto-switch behavior, but you use a button instead to switch modes (like a normal beacon).
    Ah, didn't realise they had a new model coming out next season. It's certainly compact compared to their other models:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pieps range, ISPO Jan 19.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	697.0 KB 
ID:	291081

Hi...with the latest software update on the Micro it now has a 50m circular search range, not the 40m mentioned in the video or tech specs above. Easy to update through the Pieps app