Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    No, all hurricanes pass through Raleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Knocker View Post
    WOOOOSH !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Can anyone account for all the Military Jets that may have been operating in the area?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/l...-a8184771.html
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Can anyone account for all the Military Jets that may have been operating in the area?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/l...-a8184771.html
    Totally forgot abut that. Thanks for the link

Just before the crane in Halifax, um err I mean Raleigh, fell down.

Tower cranes are supposed to be able to “weather-vain “ in the wind, otherwise they get a huge side load and collapse. But obviously in a hurricane they might collapse anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    Tower cranes are supposed to be able to “weather-vain “ in the wind, otherwise they get a huge side load and collapse. But obviously in a hurricane they might collapse anyway.
    Obviously it weather-vaned in vain.

imgur.com/ClrZT1b.gifv

cool gif of what happens with a little handheld tool and a big structure
    Last edited by bennymac; 09-17-2019 at 09:15 PM.

Name:  gondola-cable-cut.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  102.4 KB

“Our technical failure analysis has concluded that the haul rope wires were substantially cut while under tension,” Jeff Coleman of Technical Safety BC said in a statement.

“Once a sufficient number of wire strands had been cut, the remaining rope segment yielded under the tension from the non-operating gondola.”

The cut, according to the regulator, was somewhere in the top third or quarter of the gondola route.

The agency said tests found no evidence that the wire haul rope was defective. It also concluded a part of the cable that was previously damaged was not involved in the collapse.

The report also concluded a likely instrument used to cut the cable, however the information was redacted.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5918786/s...le-cut-report/

Not thermite

Nor wind!

Lasers?

On sharks

acidic bird shit

the damaged cabins are being stored a couple blocks down the street, they're loading them up on trailers today...some are totally smashed and flat, others look relatively undamaged, comparatively...

genetically engineered squirrels with implanted diamond teeth

clearly
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

My question is, can they use the current cable and just resplice it with a new section or do they have to get a whole new cable?
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

NO!!!!!

It's not the best thing to add a section as then you would have two splice points. Also partially snapped when they cut into it. New cable on it's way from Europe.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    My question is, can they use the current cable and just resplice it with a new section or do they have to get a whole new cable?
    They are getting a new cable. It would probably work if they just spliced it, but there are likely regulations that prevent that, and it would be a PR nightmare.

apparently the new haul cable is a month or so out from delivery, I'd imagine the cabins a few months after that

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    NO!!!!!

It's too short to splice for one thing and also partially snapped when they cut into it. New cable on it's way from Europe.
    They could probably get it to work physically by cutting out the bad section and adding in a long enough piece so there were three splices in the cable, but that would be a PR headache, and probably not allowed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Name:  gondola-cable-cut.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  102.4 KB

“Our technical failure analysis has concluded that the haul rope wires were substantially cut while under tension,” Jeff Coleman of Technical Safety BC said in a statement.

“Once a sufficient number of wire strands had been cut, the remaining rope segment yielded under the tension from the non-operating gondola.”

The cut, according to the regulator, was somewhere in the top third or quarter of the gondola route.

The agency said tests found no evidence that the wire haul rope was defective. It also concluded a part of the cable that was previously damaged was not involved in the collapse.

The report also concluded a likely instrument used to cut the cable, however the information was redacted.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5918786/s...le-cut-report/
    Yea that’s great and all but what does Pure Gravity have to say?

Once he clears it we can finally close the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    They could probably get it to work physically by cutting out the bad section and adding in a long enough piece so there were three splices in the cable, but that would be a PR headache, and probably not allowed anyway.
    It would probably go against any industry standard regarding aerial tramway ropes
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

whoa whoa whoa wait a second

WTF is this shit? Why is this being overlooked? Why did the RCMP jump to the conclusion this rope was cut when there clearly is some sort of explosive material or foreign substance applied to corrode through the cable - it may be dispersed on the wind by terrorists. Or if may be some sort of metal eating micro-organism.

Name:  IMG_5206.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  97.2 KB