Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    It is starting to sink in.

I'll say, this is NOT an atrocity. Jews being killed by the millions for no reason, that is an atrocity.
    I was wondering, thanks for clearing this up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Jews being killed by the millions for no reason, that is an atrocity.
    Shit..

I thought the gondola was empty?

Mounties should probably look into overloading as a cause though. Millions sounds like way more than it would have been designed for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Shit..

I thought the gondola was empty?

Mounties should probably look into overloading as a cause though. Millions sounds like way more than it would have been designed for.
    With those new gondolas added to the system, who knows how many millions could have transported up that mountainside. The power of the lift grew too large and too powerful for even the most pious man to operate, much as we all feared.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    With those new gondolas added to the system, who knows how many millions could have transported up that mountainside. The power of the lift grew too large and too powerful for even the most pious man to operate, much as we all feared.
    It definitely doesn't sound Kosher.

It happened on a Saturday morning too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It definitely doesn't sound Kosher.

It happened on a Saturday morning too...
    The spirit of Mother Earth must have found one who was willing to listen to it's plight. If that is to be the case, then this person will have turned against humanity. Whether they did it for their own gain for other's loss, this speaks of someone whose mind has turned to madness.

A grave notion to consider at this day and age, and are an ominous sign of events that have yet to unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Knocker View Post
    Somewhere there is a shark with a laser laughing his shark ass off.
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    A grave notion to consider at this day and age, and are an ominous sign of events that have yet to unfold.
    Not to worry peeps. I have it on good authority that Howe Sound Orcas are on the lookout for any rouge international laser wielding sharks. And you know how Orcas feel about sharks.

As to insight on the on going attempt to identify the sharks local accomplices - the squirrels. Local authority's will not verify nor deny reports on attempts to infiltrate the gang by buying one off for peanuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5y6lwNmLOM

I'm really surprised actually - they even got Ed Cooper, one of the first two to climb the Squamish Chief on a petition, claiming that the 20 meter wide track of land up the mountain is an 'atrocity'.
    Plenty of people are/were opposed to the project and I think that's perfectly fair. There's no question that it impacted the area. That's a whole different level than someone cutting the cable.

www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Plenty of people are/were opposed to the project and I think that's perfectly fair. There's no question that it impacted the area. That's a whole different level than someone cutting the cable.
    totally agree. It is the elevation of NIMBYism to 'atrocity' level discourse that I find disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    They should paint a giant eyeball on the side of each gondola.

Name:  KBUnqTr.png
Views: 687
Size:  382.3 KB

Now the start of ...

Gondola Wars: The Return of Cable Redundancy

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/sfu-gondola-sea-to-sky-gondola-comparison-translink

The Sea to Sky Gondola’s maximum capacity was 900 passengers per hour per direction (pphpd), while the proposed SFU Gondola will be between 3,000 and 4,000 pphpd — twice the peak hour capacity of the 99 B-Line.

“It’s important to note that the Sea to Sky Gondola is a mono-cable gondola, meaning it uses the same rope to support the cabins as it does to tow them. The Burnaby Mountain Gondola, in contrast, uses three ropes: two to support the cabins, and one to tow it,” further explained the SFU Gondola advocacy group in a statement following the Sea to Sky Gondola incident.

“This allows for higher speeds, more stability in winds and more capacity than a single-cable gondola system. With the redundancy of three cables, it’s likely all cabins would stay on the line even if one rope fails. We’d also like to note that the Burnaby Mountain Gondola cabins can be removed from the line outside of operating hours or even during dangerous conditions, such as winds over 100 km/h, eliminating their chances of falling onto residences below.”
    They aren't in Squamish 'Mother Of Winds' land, so what is all this talk of safety in winds???

August 2nd was very windy with +90KM gusts in the harbour early morning. Looks like July was also quite windy at Squamish Spit.

Windy days per month at Squamish Spit (terminal sea level). Since they can't operate in 40+ km winds, this must really impact operations.

So what do they do with all the pre-booked parties and weddings etc. up top in the event of winds that shut down the gondola - especially in the busy summer season?

Name:  mjt2Mb2.png
Views: 684
Size:  55.6 KB

Photo off twitter on July 31, 2019
    Question: What is this and why is it on the tower?

Name:  Irr51wV.png
Views: 670
Size:  867.5 KB

Youtube video of the RCMP scrum from the morning of August 10th when the gondola incident was discovered.

This morning at approximately 7 o'clock, employees of the sea to sky gondola noticed a down cable and saw several gondola cars on the ground. After initial assessment ... the RCMP were called the RCMP have been on scene since just after 8:25 a.m. and are working to determine the cause of the incident.
    Until such time as the cause has been definitively identified, police are treating this as criminal in nature and have not ruled out that this is a deliberate act.
    We are currently assessing the damage which will help us identify the cause of the incident. We will continue our investigation and release updates to you as soon as possible. The RCMP are presently working with technical safety BC and Doppelmyer and efforts are currently being made to walk the gondola line at this time.
    Q. What makes you guys believe it might be criminal in nature at this time?
    We believe the cables were cut.
    And that's it.
    All we know is that the RCMP arrived on scene at 8:25 AM
    There were no followup questions.

Which leads me to ask?

What fucking good is it to have on-sight security guard that noticed a calamatous sound and saw cars down at 4:30 AM,
    ... and then only having the RCMP on site at 8:25 AM?

If I was notified of a calamity at the gondola, I would have been there at 5 AM and the police would have been called immediately to secure the place, check for witnesses and make sure that the trail network was monitorred.

I dunno. It just seems strange to wait till 8:25 AM to have police.
    Even if it wasn't vandalism, if the entire line came down ...
    the police would have been called as a matter of public safety.

I also don't get why the RCMP sent these two to do the interview?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    I thought the west had made a deal with the sun.
    In negotiations, The Sun has provided us with many assurances, roughly 50% remain unfulfilled. We now believe these talks to be largely one-sided, and maintain that The Sun is implacable and inimical, and wholly concerned with its own self-interests. Furthermore, we have amassed evidence that points to The Sun entering into allegiances with parties on all sides. As the saying goes "The Sun makes her bed with the West, but makes breakfast with the East".
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    You leave the moonies out of this.
    Let the record reflect that El Chupacabra is a self-described Moonie sympathizer. We recommend further investigation and inquisition.
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    We better nuke it from orbit. Just to be safe!
    Hear that boys?! We are green for Operation: Fight Fire With Fire. Scramble surgical strike teams. Mobilize on the eastern horizon, commence initial invasion at dawn. Hopefully it won't be cloudy tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Youtube video of the RCMP scrum from the morning of August 10th when the gondola incident was discovered.

And that's it.
    All we know is that the RCMP arrived on scene at 8:25 AM
    There were no followup questions.

Which leads me to ask?

What fucking good is it to have on-sight security guard that noticed a calamatous sound and saw cars down at 4:30 AM,
    ... and then only having the RCMP on site at 8:25 AM?

If I was notified of a calamity at the gondola, I would have been there at 5 AM and the police would have been called immediately to secure the place, check for witnesses and make sure that the trail network was monitorred.

I dunno. It just seems strange to wait till 8:25 AM to have police.
    Even if it wasn't vandalism, if the entire line came down ...
    the police would have been called as a matter of public safety.

I also don't get why the RCMP sent these two to do the interview?!?!
    They are wearing vests to a press conference?!? Canada is way moar danger than I thought.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    They are wearing vests to a press conference?!? Canada is way moar danger than I thought.
    They probably heard there were members of the American press there. Can't be too careful around us, we're a violent, unpredictable people.

August 2nd was very windy with +90KM gusts in the harbour early morning. Looks like July was also quite windy at Squamish Spit.

Windy days per month at Squamish Spit (terminal sea level). Since they can't operate in 40+ km winds, this must really impact operations.

So what do they do with all the pre-booked parties and weddings etc. up top in the event of winds that shut down the gondola - especially in the busy summer season?

Name:  mjt2Mb2.png
Views: 684
Size:  55.6 KB

Trigger Warning: Anecdotal evidence

I went up the S2S gondi once a few years ago. Kiteboarders were out in full force in Howe Sound, it was windy as fuck down there. Gondi line and up top was nothing but still air.

Just saying - just because it's windy down there doesn't mean it's windy up the gondola line. There's also the fact that the cops say it was deliberately cut, but for some reason this is deemed to be part of some greater conspiracy for who-knows-what...

My guess is it’s a pulley to pull the haul cable (or something else that’s heavy) up to, or off of, the sheave bank.

Or aliens. It definitely could be something aliens use.

This whole “incident” stinks

Pure gravity, let’s get into it. Can you do some research?

I really want this figured out.

I'd do em. Especially the one on the left.

I’d mount the Mountie on the left, dude on the right maybe after 10 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I’d mount the Mountie on the left, dude on the right maybe after 10 shots.
    She'd have to shoot you?

She opened her bullet proof vest and showed me a pair of 38's. She also had a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Knocker View Post
    She'd have to shoot you?
    Hey, whatever helps.

It’s all pink on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    This whole “incident” stinks

Pure gravity, let’s get into it. Can you do some research?

I really want this figured out.

Haha. I’m a little skeptical about bitcoin as well, maybe we can deep dive on that.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."