Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    The sharks with lasers must have photos of the the RCMP on vacation with their donkey mistresses in Tijuana last year.

Those were good times, but definitely NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    (1) Did you somehow not read this when it was posted earlier?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...alls-1.5242787

Did you miss the part about multiple inspectors from WorkSafeBC and Technical Safety BC working on site with the RCMP, and they being THE experts who can easily determine if the cable were cut or failed due to other causes?

Yes, the cable was cut.

(2) As for expecting to see pictures of the cut ends, I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for that. Those ends have been removed and are evidence. The police hardly ever make evidence like that public while an investigation is underway. There have to be things that only the police and the perp know about. Maybe you’ll get to see the evidence when the case goes to trial, if that ever happens.

Hi Billy,

There is a lot to digest in this thread. That's for sure! However, to assume that the postulating and posturing and concocting of various theories here is without cause or without positive effect to society, and to be so critical of these endeavours, disrespects the billions of years that the universe has invested, ever since the big bang, in the ingenuity and creativity of the human being to solve some of the worlds most unfathomably complex mysteries.

Re: #1 - So, with that in mind, I just want to remind you, that in previous posts, not only has the much maligned but always present CBC been read and watched, but the actual news conference raw vidjeo has been watched in full, in its entirety, with the volume up loud. I think, as you scour the landmark and compelling data that has been collected in posts here, you will find a proper treatment to the emissions of various news persons. I shall provide links to all OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASES below.

Re: #2 - "The police hardly ever make evidence like that public while an investigation is underway."

Weeeeell. Pfffft. That's just not true. Take the Pink Panther for instance.

In Andorra, when the Vall Nord cables were cut (albeit they got lots of cables but the main cable, the head honcho so to speak, they DID'NT get all the way through), they did make the evidence to their CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION public
    within 5 days of the incident.

Inspecktor Jacques Clouseau, provided the media and brilliant minds everywhere with #fapping material like no one has ever seen. The fapping commenced and the #fappening has continued ever since!

Although, there are many sites showing it, the one with the most EMOJIS and other VULGAR DISPLAYS of SOCIAL MEDIA ETIQUETTE is the one on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/meteopyrene...715720/?type=3

Name:  Jd9TukV.png
Views: 763
Size:  221.1 KB

It behooves me to say, that if Météo Pyrénées du Vallnord can do that, than any police led by non-french and clearly inferior investigative acumen, should take heed and do the same thing.

Back in bible times, it was never enough to hear a news report, or read the local rag, or trust anything that couldn't be seen and touched in person. Was it not Thomas who said, in John 20

They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”

Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

Now, I'm no doubting Thomas, but in the age of #fakenews and such, we can learn that to be skeptical is always prudent in holey matters.

I'll leave those thoughts with you - as well as the numerous and varied exciting posts in this thread to ponder. Stuff that even the Gods will one day reflect upon and say "IT IS GOOD THAT WE READ TGR!".

In any case, what does TGR stand for?

Teton. GRAVITY. Research.
    Tits.
    Gravity.
    Research.

And always appropriately in that order, please!

FOR THE RECORD AND LEST THERE BE NO CONFUSION - RCMP FILE File # 2019-5024

2019-08-10 11:36 PDT - Inoperable: Sea to Sky Gondola, RCMP investigates
    http://squamish.bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/Vi...ontentId=60984

Shortly after 8:45 am Squamish RCMP responded to the Sea to Sky Gondola after the haul rope had fallen ... Squamish RCMP are currently on scene and have taken conduct of the investigation. Our investigation is in the preliminary stages and the cause is undetermined. Right now we are looking at all possibilities which includes those criminal in nature.

2019-08-10 15:25 PDT - UPDATE: RCMP investigation continues at Sea to Sky Gondola
    http://squamish.bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/Vi...ontentId=60985

The RCMP ... are working to determine the cause of the incident. Until such time as a cause has been definitely identified, Police are treating this as criminal in nature and have not ruled out that this was a deliberate act.
    We are currently assessing the damage but our preliminary assessment suggests that a cable was cut. We will continue our investigation and release updates to you as soon as possible.
    The RCMP are presently working with Technical Safety BC and Doppelmayr and efforts are currently being made to walk the gondola line so that it can be properly inspected.

2019-08-23 10:51 PDT - UPDATE: Confirmed cut at Sea to Sky Gondola
    http://squamish.bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/Vi...ontentId=61141

The investigation into the Sea to Sky Gondola is active and ongoing.
    The investigation to date has confirmed the preliminary assessment. Police have confirmed that the main cable was cut and that there are no other natural or mechanical reasons for the cable to have failed.
    To preserve the integrity of the investigation, no further details will be released.

I have no doubt that we shall all talk again as new developments are shared and the continuance of this unencubered international investigative research encounter are brought to bear upon gondola patrons everywhere.

At your service, always.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Hi Billy,

There is a lot to digest in this thread. That's for sure! However, to assume that the postulating and posturing and concocting of various theories here is without cause or without positive effect to society, and to be so critical of these endeavours, disrespects the billions of years that the universe has invested, ever since the big bang, in the ingenuity and creativity of the human being to solve some of the worlds most unfathomably complex mysteries.

Re: #1 - So, with that in mind, I just want to remind you, that in previous posts, not only has the much maligned but always present CBC been read and watched, but the actual news conference raw vidjeo has been watched in full, in its entirety, with the volume up loud. I think, as you scour the landmark and compelling data that has been collected in posts here, you will find a proper treatment to the emissions of various news persons. I shall provide links to all OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASES below.

Re: #2 - "The police hardly ever make evidence like that public while an investigation is underway."

Weeeeell. Pfffft. That's just not true. Take the Pink Panther for instance.

In Andorra, when the Vall Nord cables were cut (albeit they got lots of cables but the main cable, the head honcho so to speak, they DID'NT get all the way through), they did make the evidence to their CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION public
    within 5 days of the incident.

Inspecktor Jacques Clouseau, provided the media and brilliant minds everywhere with #fapping material like no one has ever seen. The fapping commenced and the #fappening has continued ever since!

Although, there are many sites showing it, the one with the most EMOJIS and other VULGAR DISPLAYS of SOCIAL MEDIA ETIQUETTE is the one on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/meteopyrene...715720/?type=3

Name:  Jd9TukV.png
Views: 763
Size:  221.1 KB

It behooves me to say, that if Météo Pyrénées du Vallnord can do that, than any police led by non-french and clearly inferior investigative acumen, should take heed and do the same thing.

Back in bible times, it was never enough to hear a news report, or read the local rag, or trust anything that couldn't be seen and touched in person. Was it not Thomas who said, in John 20

Now, I'm no doubting Thomas, but in the age of #fakenews and such, we can learn that to be skeptical is always prudent in holey matters.

I'll leave those thoughts with you - as well as the numerous and varied exciting posts in this thread to ponder. Stuff that even the Gods will one day reflect upon and say "IT IS GOOD THAT WE READ TGR!".

In any case, what does TGR stand for?

Teton. GRAVITY. Research.
    Tits.
    Gravity.
    Research.

And always appropriately in that order, please!

FOR THE RECORD AND LEST THERE BE NO CONFUSION - RCMP FILE File # 2019-5024

2019-08-10 11:36 PDT - Inoperable: Sea to Sky Gondola, RCMP investigates
    http://squamish.bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/Vi...ontentId=60984

2019-08-10 15:25 PDT - UPDATE: RCMP investigation continues at Sea to Sky Gondola
    http://squamish.bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/Vi...ontentId=60985

2019-08-23 10:51 PDT - UPDATE: Confirmed cut at Sea to Sky Gondola
    http://squamish.bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/Vi...ontentId=61141

I have no doubt that we shall all talk again as new developments are shared and the continuance of this unencubered international investigative research encounter are brought to bear upon gondola patrons everywhere.

At your service, always.

Yea, that’s what I was gonna say.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

PG, what are you on?

Existential Engineering - Who Knew
    ​I am not in your hurry

TLDR.

Was that a confession?

I feel we are entering a new phase. A lunar phase.

It looks like the shark(s) chose a good time with no moon.
    Lunar calendar shows moon set at 1:28 AM.
    It would have been completely dark for them to head up after that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VhAGB1f.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	292233

If the RCMP had been notified right away,
    I'm sure that a chopper with FLIR would have been able to find persons
    with a heat signature
    anywhere on that mountainside.

What do sharks do after a kill?
    Probably hide.
    Hikers with hoodies and a well chosen path
    that had very good cover
    and/or hiding places like rock overhangs, etc.

The 5 W's - who, what, where, when why.
    The facts are being collected.
    The bait is set.
    Chumming has already begun.

There is probably so much we don't know yet.
    I still don't see how the cable cut can't be shown.

At your service, always.

Why? Why? Why? Why? What did we do to deserve this?

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    TLDR.

Was that a confession?
    I think it was a fresh 8 ball of Peruvian

While the RCMP and the gondola operator has already stated suspected criminal events ...

Name:  1JZFSSe.png
Views: 628
Size:  53.8 KB

Dude, it's Sunday. Go outside.

I suspect Mia Gordon.

(1) Talks about WIND
    (2) Hot enough to melt steel
    (3) Wearing black.
    (4) Anything else you can think of.

Name:  NjdoOuq.png
Views: 697
Size:  238.9 KB

Advanced Twitter search for all tweets within a 250 km radius of Squamish for the year to date before the incident:

Geocode:49.6942676,-123.157586,250km
    until:2019-08-10 since:2019-01-01
    ("howesound" OR "howe sound" OR "Halbreich" OR "sea to sky" OR "squamish" OR "sea2sky" OR "seatosky" OR "s2s" OR "seatoskygondola" OR "s2sgondola" OR "seatosummittrail" OR "gondola" OR "Friends of the Squamish Chief")

Cannot find even a single negative tweet.
    No one indicates any unhappiness or negative sentiment towards operator or region attraction.
    Every single gondola related tweet is positive.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    I suspect Mia Gordon.

(1) Talks about WIND
    (2) Hot enough to melt steel
    (3) Wearing black.
    (4) Anything else you can think of.

Name:  NjdoOuq.png
Views: 697
Size:  238.9 KB
    (5) You’re not funny anymore
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    (5) You’re not funny anymore
    Sorry. But she is hot. Really hottie hot hot!

I think most of the wind in Squamish ^^ is on the river where they do windsports cuz there are predictable winds, it can blow hard down there where the wind funnels thru, so hard there were guy-wires on the porta potty so it didn't blow over

That day it was blowing hard out on the breakwater but dead calm downtown on main street
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-25-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think most of the wind in Squamish ^^ is on the river where they do windsports cuz there are predictable winds, it can blow hard down there where the wind funnels thru, there were guy-wires on the porta potty so it didn't blow over

That day it was blowing hard out on the breakwater but dead calm downtown on main street
    I hear you. But I'm not sure that's true about the mountainside or at elevation. According to studies done on the winds in Squamish, "GAP WINDS", the reason the winds are calm in downtown Squamish and along the valley bottoms (most of sea-level Squamish) is due to land friction.

From GAP WINDS IN A FJORD: HOWE SOUND, BRITISH COLUMBIA By Peter L. Jackson

ABSTRACT
    Gap, outflow, or Squamish wind, is the cold low level seaward flow of air through fjords which dissect the coastal mountain barrier of northwestern North America. These flows, occurring mainly during winter, can be strong, threatening safety, economic activity and comfort.

Howe Sound gap winds were studied using a combination of observations and several types of models. Observations of winds in Howe Sound showed that gap wind strength varied considerably along the channel, across the channel and vertically. Generally, winds increase down the channel, are strongest along the eastern side, and are below 1000 m depth.

As per why it is relatively calm inland in downtown and valley bottom inland Squamish:

the case of fjords such as Howe Sound however, the only location where the valley floor can have a downward slope is over land, where enhanced frictional retardation tends to counteract the effect of slope. Hydmod sensitivity tests showed the effect of increasing roughness (drag coefficient) is to decrease gap wind as expected.
    and

RAMS output which shows the wind field in more detail, also indicates a narrow zone of strong flow, the axis of which however passes through the middle of Howe Sound instead of along the eastern edge for reasons discussed in chapter 5.
    The observations suggest (figures 5.15 to 5.17) the axis of strongest gap wind is along the eastern main channel of Howe Sound.
    and as for vertical elevation,

page 209 and 210
    Hydmod, which computes layer mean wind speed, cannot give any information about vertical variations in gap wind speed. AIRsondeTM observations from Squamish Town (figures 5.11 to 5.14) show peak winds usually near the top of the gap wind layer — at 319, 955, 718, 887 in. The peak gap wind for January 30, 16:00 PST (figure 5.11) at 319 m is the exception, being considerably below the top of the boundary layer. RAMS vertical cross sections (figures 5.22 to 5.32) also show an increase in gap wind speed away from the surface and place the peak speed in the center of the boundary layer.

Now, the boundary layer goes from sea level to about 1,000 m and the winds are strongest in the top half:

Generally, winds increase down the channel, are strongest along the eastern side, and are below 1000 m depth.

I honestly don't know what that all means, I read almost 200 pages last week from this one study and I think, basically, shit happens in weather and the boundary layer is like a fluid coming out from the mountains and interacting with other layers, with the strongest winds above the surface in the middle of the hydraulic flow ... or something like that.

Around page 200 there is a lot of stuff in the report about:

- Where does the maximum wind speed occur?

- How do changes in internal boundary conditions (topography, valley slope, roughness, and width) affect the flow?

- What are the effects of obstacles such as islands, on outflow winds?

- How does flow vary temporally / diurnally? Are there wave-like (periodic in space or time) fluctuations?

- What is the depth of outflowing air, and how does it vary along a fjord?

- Where is the vertical speed maximum? How does the height of the speed maximum vary along the fjord?

From reading the Feb 4 2014 incident report about the winds observed and recorded on the lift line when the Feb 4th car fell. Extreme winds in some places. Winds were about 45 kph to 55 kph in Squamish Spit the exact time of the deropement. That's nothing out of the ordinary for Squamish Spit.

Page 13:
    Just prior to the incident the wind meter readings at tower 8 showed that the wind speed peaked twice at 82.8 km/h. At the time the incident occurred the wind gusted to 75.6 km/h according to the data.
    and

"The winds began to die down after passing tower 4, but as he approached tower 7 the winds picked up again. According to his statement, “the cabin began to swing violently”;

On the mountain, the winds vary greatly, according to Hydraulic Fluid Dynamics along the contours of the mountain side:

Page 16:
    The winds observed at tower 7 during the investigation were of greater intensity than those observed at tower 8. The wind meter installed at tower 8 was placed there to evaluate the wind down to tower 7, but due to the location of tower 7 at the top of steep terrain with a lack of natural protection, this location is exposed to increased wind speeds and possible vortex effects.

The Squamish winds are also subject to Gravity Waves. Perhaps this explains the pulses of 3 in a row starting just before midnight on August 10 at Squamish Spit.

any time I was ever in Squamish it was not noticably windy

I think the same kinda thing happens at Hood river ,

I just finished all 265 pages of Peter Jackson's thesis

I know him we used to belong to the same XC ski club

but we never discussed this subect

He probably didn’t want you to think of him as a kook
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

any time I was ever in Squamish it was not noticably windy

I think the same kinda thing happens at Hood river ,

I just finished all 265 pages of Peter Jackson's thesis

I know him we used to belong to the same XC ski club

Ha. Cool! You actually know this guy. What a coincidence.

I wonder what his take is on wind and safety for lifts operating in Howe Sound.
    Was he was consulted at some point in time in the site selection process?

That thesis was written in 1993, Peter Jackson has long since moved to central BC for a gig at UNBC so I doubt he was consulted

especialy since they are going with the " somebody cut it " theory

Peter Jackson, you say?

Well then. I change my hypothesis from Nazi sharks with frickin lasers on their heads to Smaug, or possibly Sauron.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Peter Jackson, you say?

Well then. I change my hypothesis from Nazi sharks with frickin lasers on their heads to Smaug, or possibly Sauron.
    There is actually an uncanny resemblance. With the right facial hair, they could be doubles.

watch out for snakes

Gondola cable snaps

Man, it’s incredible how much easier this thread is to digest now that PG is on ignore.

Hey, it was entertaining for a while but I’m over it.