Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Is Pure Guff trying to freak everyone out about riding lifts this winter?
    I think it's fairly obvious he did it, and is trying to throw us off the trail.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    It would be pretty simple to but the thermite in a vessel that fits around the cable, or a vessel that sits ontop the cable so it burns down through it. This would also allow the perpetrator to "light the fuse" and get the hell away from the cable before it snaps. Sawing a big ass metal cable under that much tension would be a deathwish.

Every time one these Thermite ideas pops up … I have a feeling I am reading from a lobotomized author
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    8) Lightening - June 20, 2019. Appears to be on the side of the Squamish Chief or it could be further back, maybe along the gondola line???*

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...ear_the_chief/*

Other lightning pictures from the same storm in Squamish:

https://twitter.com/MountainFM/statu...49297702027265

https://twitter.com/StawamusChief/st...72606032502785

And a tree along the Sea To Sky gondola summit trail:

Attachment 291491
    No More Acid for You !

That's a tree >not a hardened steel cable

my Mosin can go through a tree or three

Ever hear of Grounding.. fairly certain the Gondola structure was
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Now if someone set a cutting Torch ,and left the scene it is possible to cut

No freaking way some one was near it when it was cut... Any person who knows what it takes to cut a line like that, would never be within 300 yards of it snapping

beware of greeks bearing gifts?

as jong as we are doing the whole conspiracy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    The Sun has a well-documented history of funding and supporting third-party militant organizations when it is unable to maneuver against its opposition directly and overtly, or when it benefits from maintaining an appearance of inculpability.

In this case, I would rely on high-confidence intelligence reports that describe a long-standing relationship of The Sun providing resources to The Moon in exchange for sustained operations during the nighttime hours (including the 0400 hours time of incursion).

Additionally, The Sun has previously been witnessed to enlist the aid of more distant, but no less sympathetic, stars in its campaign of destabilization and chaos. Similar to The Moon, these outside antagonists routinely perform wetwork under the cover of nightfall, and may possibly share responsibility for the attack in question.
    You leave the moonies out of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Until the authorities and pure gravity figure this thing out and tell the public what really happened, I’d advise everyone to not use any gondola or chairlifts this winter in protest and for our own safety.

This whole situation stinks, it’s like an onion. When you peel it sometimes your eyes water a little because the stink stings. But once you get past that and sauté them bitches up, mmm mm they go great on a burger.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

This whole situation stinks, it’s like an onion. When you peel it sometimes your eyes water a little because the stink stings. But once you get past that and sauté them bitches up, mmm mm they go great on a burger.
    Until 2am when the acid reflux hits
    Last edited by Rock Knocker; 08-19-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    No More Acid for You !

That's a tree >not a hardened steel cable

my Mosin can go through a tree or three

Ever hear of Grounding.. fairly certain the Gondola structure was
    LOL. Thanks Apparently, mixing Adderall and Acid, while watching MythBusters is a bad recipe for dry tongue, eventual vitamin deficiencies and ...

But on the lightning front ... Ha!

I suppose this is rare. However, lightning does strike non-grounded objects beside grounded objects, even not-the-nearest objects, and a haul line going 2,000 feet from sea level to mountain alpine might be seen as a good shortcut to home.

Like the report below, the danger is actually from minute flaws in the rope, fused wires, maybe a melted plastic core in one spot, that might, just might, however implausible unless on an Adderall and Acid tripp, cause a future problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HdwjbD9.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	524.7 KB 
ID:	291576

A space rock just might fall out of the sky and smash my keyboard while I’m typing
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Is Pure Guff trying to freak everyone out about riding lifts this winter?
    I'll only be riding on cloudy days from now on. Shouldn't affect things much here in the PNW.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    That's the problem with the sun, it's an unpredictable rogue element. We need its light for Vitamin D synthesis, but it cases sunburns. We need its radiation for photosynthesis, but it causes cancer. We gotta have it to tell the ski lifts when to open, but then it starts chopping down our gondolas.

The sun is at once both a powerful ally and duplicitous traitor; a destabilizing guerilla force and only in this war for itself.
    We better nuke it from orbit. Just to be safe!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Now if someone set a cutting Torch ,and left the scene it is possible to cut

No freaking way some one was near it when it was cut... Any person who knows what it takes to cut a line like that, would never be within 300 yards of it snapping
    So you've never used a cutting torch, then it's ok to sound dumb

That's fucking amazing

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    That's fucking amazing
    I’m trying to come up with a reason to need one. That looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    I’m trying to come up with a reason to need one. That looks fun.
    You could just make your own - WITH BACON!

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so I'm thinking that lift was not that old, It would have been inspected BUT they did just add 10 gondola's in may
    How could adding 10 gondolas compromise the rope or contribute to this in any way?

How could adding 10 gondolas compromise the rope or contribute to this in any way?
    You see, by adding the 10 newly-forged gondolas to the cable, the total weight of the entire system was thrown out of balance. The great gondola lift of Squamish had now become too powerful in it's ability to transport even the heaviest North American up the mountainside. And when the system was thrown off balance, the great spirit of the lift became poisoned. Our Mother Earth sensed this great upsetting of the cables, and thus gathered storm clouds from across the ocean to it's shore. Upon that night, a great front brewed in opposition against this machination of man. The wind rushed forth onto the mountain, and the fury of the heavens wrought destruction along the mountainside. With one final burst, the steel cables that had borne many a-traveler came crashing down. Sounds of destruction echoed across the valley, and to the people of Squamish it was audible evidence that something terrible had happened on that fateful night.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    You see, by adding the 10 newly-forged gondolas to the cable, the total weight of the entire system was thrown out of balance. The great gondola lift of Squamish had now become too powerful in it's ability to transport even the heaviest North American up the mountainside. And when the system was thrown off balance, the great spirit of the lift became poisoned. Our Mother Earth sensed this great upsetting of the cables, and thus gathered storm clouds from across the ocean to it's shore. Upon that night, a great front brewed in opposition against this machination of man. The wind rushed forth onto the mountain, and the fury of the heavens wrought destruction along the mountainside. With one final burst, the steel cables that had borne many a-traveler came crashing down. Sounds of destruction echoed across the valley, and to the people of Squamish it was audible evidence that something terrible had happened on that fateful night.

Amen.
    And that right there closes the book on this important thread. Consider this one solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    And that right there closes the book on this important thread. Consider this one solved.
    But he forgot the acid-shitting birds.

It is starting to sink in. There are scummy people that do these sorts of things.

For whatever reason, it is unconscionable to disrupt and possibly harm people for what amounts to a small slice of land up a mountain - especially in a place like Canada where 99% of the land is wild and untouched.

I'm really surprised actually - they even got Ed Cooper, one of the first two to climb the Squamish Chief on a petition, claiming that the 20 meter wide track of land up the mountain is an 'atrocity'.

https://friendsofthesquamishchief.wo.../your-stories/

I g.e.t. i.t. ... some people want everything wild and free - but they still want their cars and all.
    They live in nice houses ... and complain about frog habitats and yet they wouldn't lift a finger to do any actual remediation in nature.
    All the while, other people want jobs and improvements, they even live in the wilderness and appreciate it daily, and this is the LEAST of their concerns.

I'll say, this is NOT an atrocity. Jews being killed by the millions for no reason, that is an atrocity.
    A gondola up a mountainside on the perimeter of a town ...
    that's a tourism business.

It is crazy really.
    I hope they catch the perp(s).
    Motherfuckers.

It is starting to sink in. There are scummy people that do these sorts of things.......

It is crazy really.
    I hope they catch the perp(s).
    Motherfuckers.
    I thought you thought the wind did it