Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Holee shit

I took the photo back to the station and got one of my techs to enhance it multiple times

look at this!

Name:  IMG_5209.jpg
Views: 1740
Size:  67.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    It would probably go against any industry standard regarding aerial tramway ropes
    More than one splice in a tramway rope is OK. I think it is partly a PR move. There may also be different rules or factors when the cable has been damaged.

when the insurance company is paying for a new cable, you take the new cable....

That burned area provides backup for the laser theory. Clean cuts on the strands.

Pretty sure Iran did it..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Militia from the Cascadia Movement flew a drone into it

Pretty definitive evidence for the sharks with frickin laser beams on their heads theory.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Holee shit

I took the photo back to the station and got one of my techs to enhance it multiple times

look at this!

Name:  IMG_5209.jpg
Views: 1740
Size:  67.2 KB
    Obviously that is a shark fin cleverly disguised as a squirrel.

Fkn Sharks man.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The full report is available as attachments here:
    https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/ale...-cut-haul-rope

There are microscopic views of the cut ends in the second attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    The full report is available as attachments here:
    https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/ale...-cut-haul-rope

There are microscopic views of the cut ends in the second attachment.
    Amusing redactions on the opening page. Clearly knowing which towers are near the established hiking trails and the 1-2 foot-high wooden fence to guide hikers is limited to those involved with the criminal act and the investigation.

And then the image on page 3 isn't redacted, but the caption is despite (seemingly) carrying information that could largely be also gleaned from the image (assuming the image markup is sufficiently precise).

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Amusing redactions on the opening page. Clearly knowing which towers are near the established hiking trails and the 1-2 foot-high wooden fence to guide hikers is limited to those involved with the criminal act and the investigation.

And then the image on page 3 isn't redacted, but the caption is despite (seemingly) carrying information that could largely be also gleaned from the image (assuming the image markup is sufficiently precise).
    I’m surprised they didn’t redact a lot more, but maybe they felt under pressure to show the cable was cut rather than it being a structural failure, from, say the wind. Or they wanted to rule out the laser shark theory.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    More than one splice in a tramway rope is OK. I think it is partly a PR move. There may also be different rules or factors when the cable has been damaged.
    You’re right about two splices (happens on really long lifts). It would probably end up with three unless the vandals were nice enough to cut it at the splice. I will guarantee no rope inspector/splicer would touch that shit. Plus the insurance company that is paying on the claim wouldn’t want the liability of that shit either (plus they’ll pay for a shiny new one anyway). Also the whole rope would need an MRT inspection after you spliced in the section, and if it failed inspection, you’d be back to square one anyway. I mean who knows where else the acid saliva squirrels chewed on the thing, it could be fucked the whole length.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The broken cars, the cable the lost business it's all gona be covered by insurance
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    The broken cars, the cable the lost business it's all gona be covered by insurance
    Wonder how much their insurance premium will go up next year? Premiums might rise for other lift operators in BC too.

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Wonder how much their insurance premium will go up next year? Premiums might rise for other lift operators in BC too.
    Don’t worry your lift ticket price will cover it
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

They have pivoted to being a Drive In movie theater!!!

https://www.seatoskygondola.com/driv...ma-under-stars

I wonder if they will be showing any films starring Mike Myers?

It Won't be Long Before the Bullwheels Turn

Whatever act of God caused all this, the public will be entertained, the bad news will become good news, the mourning turned to dancing, the swords turned into plowshares for a new reap of tourist profits.

The constant turning of rope and rhythmic swaying of gondolas to the sounds of Squamish will neither stop nor resume ... but continue ever stronger.

The Stewamus Chief, himself, lying on his back, arms folded, will be smoking an epic dube of Cheech proportions to embrace all peoples that come from everywhere to see and feel and climb and lift upon the natural wonder.

Will the new cabins come with brew-pod style coffee makers?

Not only have they pivoted to a Drive In Theater pending repairs ...
    they have partnered with the Disney Gondola Experience Team!

Disney World Skyliner gondola shutdown: What we know and don’t know
    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...qfy-story.html

Disney World Skyliner gondola breaks down leaving visitors 'stuck for two hours'
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-new...ndola-20485813

This thread has clearly jumped the LASER equipped sharks.
    Rhetorically and theatrically speaking.
    Of course.
    The END.

4:30am posting eh? that mania is a funny thing

Gondola cable snaps

Pilot And Passenger Rescued After Flying Plane Into Ski Lift
    News
    A pilot and his passenger had an unbelievably lucky escape when their plane crashed into a ski lift and they were left completely uninjured.
    The 62-year-old pilot was able to get out of the plane, but his 55-year-old passenger had to be rescued after they were left trapped in the cockpit.
    Footage shows the light aircraft tangled in the ski lift wires, dangling precariously upside down.
    The video, taken by rescue teams, shows the pilot sitting on the wing as a rescue carefully edges along the cable to reach them.
    The incident occurred at Prato Valentino ski resort at Teglio, north of Milan, in the Italian alps, on Sunday afternoon.

As reported by Mirror Online, firefighters, police and mountain rescue teams teams took almost two hours to complete the complicated operation to save the pair from the upside down plane. Even 20 army personnel were drafted in to help with the mission.
    According to officials, the plane was on a sightseeing flight, having taken off from a local airfield, but then apparently lost power before crashing into the cable.
    A spokesperson for Corpo Nazionale Soccorso Alpino e Speleologico, Italy's national cave and mountain rescue unit, commented that it was actually lucky that the pair had crashed into the ski lift.
    Credit: CNSAS
    Spokesperson Walter Milan said: "They really were very, very lucky. It was a miraculous escape. The plane crashed into the cables but fortunately it became stuck rather than crashing to the ground.
    "The rescue operation was very tricky. The rescuers had to very carefully manoeuvre along the cables very, very slowly. We didn't want the cables moving any more than necessary.
    "Ropes were then secured around the two men. The whole operation to bring them to safety took an hour and a half. We had 20 rescue personnel and two helicopters involved.
    "It was a miracle. The pilot suffered injuries but not too serious. Both men were of course very shocked also."
    Marco Confortola, the mountain guide who posted his video on social media, said: "The mountain rescue service worked perfectly. [The operation was conducted] with speed and professionalism."
    The authorities have launched an investigation into the incident.
    Mr Milan added: "There are a number of possible reasons for the crash, such as human error or a mechanical failure, but we do not want to speculate. There is an investigation."
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Is it a rumor? Or did I hear correctly that they are going to build a shed to store the cars overnight off the wire?
    Has anyone had the enjoyment of one the movie nights?
    My wife really wants to go and I'm stoked for watching something spooky as the end of the month approaches!

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Is it a rumor? Or did I hear correctly that they are going to build a shed to store the cars overnight off the wire?
    Has anyone had the enjoyment of one the movie nights?
    My wife really wants to go and I'm stoked for watching something spooky as the end of the month approaches!
    A She-shed?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Probably blow over in the wind

Time to fix "Aw Snap!"
    New wire being installed today.
    Birds celebrate.

Strong Aurora waves last night.
    Birds celebrate.

Halloween events coming soon.
    Birds celebrate.

Sea will meet sky,
    Cars will Fly,