Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 648
  1. #576
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,642
    this is possibly the greatest troll effort/summer thread in a while. fucking astounding.

    beyond a solid effort.! wow!

    is pure grevity jong slaughter?

  2. #577
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,642
    ^ great tune btw, thx for that^

  3. #578
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    this is possibly the greatest troll effort/summer thread in a while. fucking astounding.

    beyond a solid effort.! wow!

    is pure grevity jong slaughter?
    Agreed on the quality of the work. It's a shame PG has no equal among his detractors: not since carving on the wingtip has such virtuosity of dissonant text been displayed here and only an equivalent counterpoint could improve it.

    But to your last point, no, as I've implied before, JONGSLAUGHTER was based out of CO where hoses and small backyard fires played a more significant role. The post confirming has long since been deleted, which only serves to confirm its veracity.

    No, Pure Gravity is as pure as he seems and undaunted by those whose misapprehensions would obscure the opportunity for summertainment. Although a few miles on bikes never hurts. Much. (Bring back pics)

  4. #579
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Frantically crawling out of the backseat
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    possibly Sauron.
    I think you're on to something, but my money is on this Sauron. Big chompers, wings, talons, fire breath, a training in "explorer's guide". He's got all the tools for the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "If you don't got Olin, then your store could use some fixin'"

  5. #580
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,642

  6. #581
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,835
    most excellent
    watch out for snakes

  7. #582
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South of 49
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the doukhobor thing went on for many years but the squamish 5 were a mid 80's thing with ties to the vancover punk scene

    I was at a bush party where Roots Roundup played the gig and Gerry Hanna got up and did 'slave to my dick' I guess we went to Burnaby North the same HS which spawned punkers in the earliest Vancouver punk scene, I knew joey shithead/Dimwitt/Wimpy cuz they were just regular geeks before punk happened but I don't remember Gerry, it sounds like he did some time for being an activist
    XXX-er did bring to the table some references to the deep history of Squamish and BC in general. And back to that in a moment. However, on Cue For Treason, the true chronicles of Terror in the Name of GOD has now been dusted off my shelf and opened for the first time in 5 or 6 years.

    Given to me by a good friend in Nelson many years ago. We slurped the local borscht and drank Nelson coffee whilst trying not to get our dirty hands on the dirty photos therein. If you've never seen the difference between sweet young potatoes and Papas Arrugadas, well, it is all there in this book avec the necessary journalism to win awards and shed light on the past in the most unabashed way.

    Name:  yF6GyfX.png
Views: 1034
Size:  420.5 KB Name:  CWRWQtF.png
Views: 1032
Size:  284.2 KB

    Name:  Zs8ZqfI.png
Views: 1062
Size:  303.4 KB Name:  930I7wd.png
Views: 1024
Size:  340.2 KB

    Name:  bPRv6Of.png
Views: 1061
Size:  254.0 KB





    Now, whether by wind, or by wind of the Holy Spirit (for the wind is a spirit), the sordid and dark foray into the tradition of resistance and tradition of #NotGivingaFuck in British Columbia is both deserving and enlightening to see where the other Squamish 5 may have got inspiration.




    Which brings me back to XXX-er. He might just be triple X rated as a local with spidey senses worthy of attention:

    The Squamish Five (sometimes referred to as the Vancouver Five)[1] were a group of self-styled "urban guerrillas" active in Canada during the early 1980s. Their chosen name was Direct Action.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squamish_Five
    Give that a read if you haven't yet. For a deep dive, check out the actual 5 and their own wiki write-ups in more detail.


    There's punk rock, universities, cruise missile guidance systems and everything in this 5's tale. A tale that is seldom heard today. A tale of smiles and grunge and truly sibling trust among this band of activists. They have been in the news since as witnesses to other sins - sins not worth repeating.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Squamish-Five.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	292328





    Anyways, I think that according to Internet Forum Sword of Evidence*, the truth is found in the first 19 pages of any forum. So much gratitude is owed to those that might be the seed of much more directed research to come. First found here. In the first 19 pages.

    *My own term. Inspired by jongs on TGR.

  8. #583
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South of 49
    Posts
    749
    To add to the now excellent harp videos here, my own contribution discovered by playing the previous Wind Cries Mary with autoplay eventually loading this one to much satisfaction. How apropos that there is even a Greenpeace poster along the stage. Gary Clark Jr. - When My Train Pulls In.


  9. #584
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,349
    Ok, Arthur......


  10. #585
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    18,000
    Ya my alma mater contributed to that early Vancover punk scene but i was not part of the scene in fact almost none of us were, back then me and the bro's were just drinking bad beer getting stoned, listening to classic rock when suddenly the very 1st punk scene happens in the mids 70's

    Its the same middle class kids from the same burbs we grew up with so we had no idea what to think and the whole squamish 5 thing was completely off the charts so I'm not sure where any of it came from

    Forth avenue in Van was the 2nd largest hippie infestation in North America 2nd to only San Fransisco ?

    He got 10 years but only did 5 years in the slammer, after that I seen Gerry get up and do "slave to my dick " at a treeplanter's bush party, a real treat eh

    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  11. #586
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    17,716
    PG you are manic?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  12. #587
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    PG, you are manic.
    FIFY
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  13. #588
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern BC
    Posts
    1,637
    CBC Doc on the Squamish 5;



    There's a very unpopular pipeline set to go through the lower mainland. Perhaps this is a precursor to more direct action on that front;

  14. #589
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,835
    That shark did not have a laser beam on his head or Fonzie would be split in half.
    watch out for snakes

  15. #590
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    That shark did not have a laser beam on his head or Fonzie would be split in half.
    Well duh, he did jump the shark
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

  16. #591
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,349
    While the lasers were invented in 1960, and Fonzi did not jump the shark until 1977, you’ll notice that the shark that Fonzi did jumped was clearly in captivity. I would assume that captive laser possessing sharks would be dearmed of their laser capabilities on a sitcom set. However, being neither a shark laser armament specialist nor a setting coordinator, I could be wrong. ....

  17. #592
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,324
    What would be amazing and a mystery of all ages would be if someone were to repair the cable undetected in the middle of the night. Imagine if tomorrow morning they woke up and all the cable was hanging up with all the cars on it like nothing happened...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  18. #593
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern BC
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    What would be amazing and a mystery of all ages would be if someone were to repair the cable undetected in the middle of the night. Imagine if tomorrow morning they woke up and all the cable was hanging up with all the cars on it like nothing happened...
    FTW!!!!

  19. #594
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    What would be amazing and a mystery of all ages would be if someone were to repair the cable undetected in the middle of the night. Imagine if tomorrow morning they woke up and all the cable was hanging up with all the cars on it like nothing happened...
    Would require quite the Wind Event to do something like that.

  20. #595
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    CBC Doc on the Squamish 5;

    But why did they blow up a porn theatre?

  21. #596
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,642
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    XXX-er did bring to the table some references to the deep history of Squamish and BC in general. And back to that in a moment. However, on Cue For Treason, the true chronicles of Terror in the Name of GOD has now been dusted off my shelf and opened for the first time in 5 or 6 years.

    Given to me by a good friend in Nelson many years ago. We slurped the local borscht and drank Nelson coffee whilst trying not to get our dirty hands on the dirty photos therein. If you've never seen the difference between sweet young potatoes and Papas Arrugadas, well, it is all there in this book avec the necessary journalism to win awards and shed light on the past in the most unabashed way.

    Name:  yF6GyfX.png
Views: 1034
Size:  420.5 KB Name:  CWRWQtF.png
Views: 1032
Size:  284.2 KB

    Name:  Zs8ZqfI.png
Views: 1062
Size:  303.4 KB Name:  930I7wd.png
Views: 1024
Size:  340.2 KB

    Name:  bPRv6Of.png
Views: 1061
Size:  254.0 KB





    Now, whether by wind, or by wind of the Holy Spirit (for the wind is a spirit), the sordid and dark foray into the tradition of resistance and tradition of #NotGivingaFuck in British Columbia is both deserving and enlightening to see where the other Squamish 5 may have got inspiration.




    Which brings me back to XXX-er. He might just be triple X rated as a local with spidey senses worthy of attention:



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squamish_Five
    Give that a read if you haven't yet. For a deep dive, check out the actual 5 and their own wiki write-ups in more detail.


    There's punk rock, universities, cruise missile guidance systems and everything in this 5's tale. A tale that is seldom heard today. A tale of smiles and grunge and truly sibling trust among this band of activists. They have been in the news since as witnesses to other sins - sins not worth repeating.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Squamish-Five.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	292328





    Anyways, I think that according to Internet Forum Sword of Evidence*, the truth is found in the first 19 pages of any forum. So much gratitude is owed to those that might be the seed of much more directed research to come. First found here. In the first 19 pages.

    *My own term. Inspired by jongs on TGR.
    so it's obvious you are championing a cause. it's almost like your asking for something.

    jack the ripper seemed like a harder case?

  22. #597
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,642
    mounted rocky national canadia air force be taking down this thread fairly soon..

  23. #598
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South of 49
    Posts
    749
    This is most definitely TERROR in the name of GOD. From Halifax, Canada, during cat 2 Hurricane Dorian.



    Or is there some other insurance category this falls under? (pun unintended)

  24. #599
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    9,586
    That's not Halifax, that's Raleigh NC.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  25. #600
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    That's not Halifax, that's Raleigh NC.
    Moron

    https://globalnews.ca/video/5871999/...x-during-storm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •