Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    They arrested three people

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
    Arrested or held? There were also multiple citizens who pulled out their cc guns in response. A bystander easily could have thought they were the shooter.

You have a decision to make; do you want to be another moron with “worms in your brain” who believes obviously false conspiracy theories or do you want to be a rational adult who is capable of viewing information and making a reasonable decision based upon it?

Theyve ordered the worms repeatedly with the side order of worms and the worm appatizer to start. Like lays potatoe chips they are

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You have a decision to make; do you want to be another moron with “worms in your brain” who believes obviously false conspiracy theories or do you want to be a rational adult who is capable of viewing information and making a reasonable decision based upon it?
    I'm forever amazed at the number of people who take the first choice you listed. It’s more than a little baffling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Theyve ordered the worms repeatedly with the side order of worms and the worm appatizer to start. Like lays potatoe chips they are

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    At a window on the highway in their pickup truck.

Who cares

Who cares
    If that’s your position, maybe consider not promulgating ridiculous theories.

Or even posting.

Who cares

Name:  iGL1prI.png
Views: 453
Size:  29.3 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

https://youtu.be/5schBNjjhIo
    I don't think this woman is lying. If that means I have worms for brains so be it.

I don't think this woman is lying. If that means I have worms for brains so be it.

She doesn’t have to be lying. This was an extremely chaotic situation as all mass shootings are. Any thorough interview would also include many questions about where she was when she saw this, what she was doing when she saw it (hiding behind something with a clear view or running away and caught a glimpse makes a huge difference) and how confident she is in what she saw. Along with many many other details. Instead you are taking a very simplistic interview and throwing it in with some other junk information from dubious sources and making your decision on that. Rather than accept the mountain of evidence from traditional sources which is actually vetted and investigated and doesn’t require a vast conspiracy theory.

Jesus Fucking Christ, do you have any idea how many people would have to be “in on” a false flag attack in a public place with cctv that views the whole thing to make it work?

so, a random 1 minute video of a woman you don't know, posted by someone named "Joey Gibson Patriot Prayer" has you convinced. Yes, worms.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

MYTH BUSTED: Eyewitness Testimony Is Reliable?

Why the Myth Persists
    So why, despite all the news about misidentifications and wrongful convictions, do people continue to put such profound faith in eyewitness testimony?

Several reasons are likely. First, in popular media and literatary depictions, detectives (for example, Sherlock Holmes) and witnesses possess highly detailed and accurate memories. Second, crimes and accidents are unusual, distinctive, often stressful, and even terrifying events, and people believe those events therefore should automatically be memorable. In fact, stress and terror can actually inhibit memory formation, and memories continue to be constructed after the originating event on the basis of information learned afterward. People underestimate how quickly forgetting can take place. Third, eyewitnesses are often sincere and confident, which makes them persuasive but not necessarily correct. Memory distortion often happens unconsciously. Witnesses truly believe their version of events, no matter how inaccurate they may be.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes, worms.

The Trouble with Eyewitness Identification Testimony in Criminal Cases

Social scientists have demonstrated through studies since the 1960s that there was significant reason to be concerned about the accuracy of the eyewitness-identification testimony used in criminal trials. Although witnesses can often be very confident that their memory is accurate when identifying a suspect, the malleable nature of human memory and visual perception makes eyewitness testimony one of the most unreliable forms of evidence.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

On the subject of eyewitness testimony, I read this almost 20 years ago. Mind blowing. It has stayed with me, I can't shake it.

I was certain but I was wrong.

Since there's a paywall, here it is:

In 1984 I was a 22-year-old college student with a grade point average of 4.0, and I really wanted to do something with my life. One night someone broke into my apartment, put a knife to my throat and raped me.

During my ordeal, some of my determination took an urgent new direction. I studied every single detail on the rapist's face. I looked at his hairline; I looked for scars, for tattoos, for anything that would help me identify him. When and if I survived the attack, I was going to make sure that he was put in prison and he was going to rot.

When I went to the police department later that day, I worked on a composite sketch to the very best of my ability. I looked through hundreds of noses and eyes and eyebrows and hairlines and nostrils and lips. Several days later, looking at a series of police photos, I identified my attacker. I knew this was the man. I was completely confident. I was sure.

I picked the same man in a lineup. Again, I was sure. I knew it. I had picked the right guy, and he was going to go to jail. If there was the possibility of a death sentence, I wanted him to die. I wanted to flip the switch.

When the case went to trial in 1986, I stood up on the stand, put my hand on the Bible and swore to tell the truth. Based on my testimony, Ronald Junior Cotton was sentenced to prison for life. It was the happiest day of my life because I could begin to put it all behind me.

In 1987, the case was retried because an appellate court had overturned Ronald Cotton's conviction. During a pretrial hearing, I learned that another man had supposedly claimed to be my attacker and was bragging about it in the same prison wing where Ronald Cotton was being held. This man, Bobby Poole, was brought into court, and I was asked, ''Ms. Thompson, have you ever seen this man?''

I answered: ''I have never seen him in my life. I have no idea who he is.''

Ronald Cotton was sentenced again to two life sentences. Ronald Cotton was never going to see light; he was never going to get out; he was never going to hurt another woman; he was never going to rape another woman.

In 1995, 11 years after I had first identified Ronald Cotton, I was asked to provide a blood sample so that DNA tests could be run on evidence from the rape. I agreed because I knew that Ronald Cotton had raped me and DNA was only going to confirm that. The test would allow me to move on once and for all.

I will never forget the day I learned about the DNA results. I was standing in my kitchen when the detective and the district attorney visited. They were good and decent people who were trying to do their jobs -- as I had done mine, as anyone would try to do the right thing. They told me: ''Ronald Cotton didn't rape you. It was Bobby Poole.''

The man I was so sure I had never seen in my life was the man who was inches from my throat, who raped me, who hurt me, who took my spirit away, who robbed me of my soul. And the man I had identified so emphatically on so many occasions was absolutely innocent.

Ronald Cotton was released from prison after serving 11 years. Bobby Poole pleaded guilty to raping me.

Ronald Cotton and I are the same age, so I knew what he had missed during those 11 years. My life had gone on. I had gotten married. I had graduated from college. I worked. I was a parent. Ronald Cotton hadn't gotten to do any of that.

Mr. Cotton and I have now crossed the boundaries of both the terrible way we came together and our racial difference (he is black and I am white) and have become friends. Although he is now moving on with his own life, I live with constant anguish that my profound mistake cost him so dearly. I cannot begin to imagine what would have happened had my mistaken identification occurred in a capital case.

Today there is a man in Texas named Gary Graham who is about to be executed because one witness is confident that Mr. Graham is the killer she saw from 30 to 40 feet away. This woman saw the murderer for only a fraction of the time that I saw the man who raped me. Several other witnesses contradict her, but the jury that convicted Mr. Graham never heard any of the conflicting testimony.

If anything good can come out of what Ronald Cotton suffered because of my limitations as a human being, let it be an awareness of the fact that eyewitnesses can and do make mistakes. I have now had occasion to study this subject a bit, and I have come to realize that eyewitness error has been recognized as the leading cause of wrongful convictions. One witness is not enough, especially when her story is contradicted by other good people.

Last week, I traveled to Houston to beg Gov. George W. Bush and his parole board not to execute Gary Graham based on this kind of evidence. I have never before spoken out on behalf of any inmate. I stood with a group of 11 men and women who had been convicted based on mistaken eyewitness testimony, only to be exonerated later by DNA or other evidence.

With them, I urged the Texas officials to grant Gary Graham a new trial, so that the eyewitnesses who are so sure that he is innocent can at long last be heard.

I know that there is an eyewitness who is absolutely positive she saw Gary Graham commit murder. But she cannot possibly be any more positive than I was about Ronald Cotton. What if she is dead wrong?

No, SVS is right. Scientific American and the Association For Psychological Science are in on the conspiracy, everyone knows that. Fuckin’ scientists are all Deep State.
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-eyes-have-it/
    https://www.apa.org/monitor/2016/02/mistaken-identity

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Move upside and let the man go through...

Knowing what I know about the fallacy of eyewitness accounts I would be hard pressed to ever provide one no matter how sure I was.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

And yet we still do.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    And yet we still do.
    our lives all hang in the balance of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and one mistaken eyewitness

We're still dunking witches.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    We're still dunking witches.
    That’s because they float
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    That’s only like one dozen guys.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I'm curious as to how the PC unit is set up. Is it just a standard seg unit? I've been in a seg unit in prison (PCed up as I got kicked out of the white people car for basically not being a dirtbag and fighting people for my last 12 days) and I couldn't imagine it being easy to hang ones self in that situation. My cell had nothing to hang a rope made from any material from nor material to cause any bodily damage besides running into the wall.

Noone likes sex offenders in prison besides other sex offenders and maybe those doing business in cars that allow that, not even guards. I can see him getting murdered from a guard.