On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

MT to AZ early September 10-17

Heading from SWMT to Flagstaff to hang out with my mom for a week. Hoping to take my time on the way there. Possibly leave the 6th or so. I did Moab in April, but didn't do any of the Whole Enchilada because of snow.

Swing back through there or head farther east to try and gain some elevation/cooler temps. Grand Mesa? Fruita? Junktown? Really haven't ridden anything in the area besides 18 road.

What to ride in Flagstaff? Sedona? (rode there one half day in 2014....higline > slim shady loop).

Biggest issue I guess is not melting. Assume it still hot as fuck at most of those places in early/mid Sept.

Swinging a bit east and hitting up Ridgway/Telluride/Silverton/Durango would result in much more tolerable temps without too much of a detour. DM me if you want to ride in Flag, we're still dealing with closures but there is some fun stuff open and it should be mid/low 70s. Sedona will likely be very hot.
    It sucks to suck.

Flagstaff just had another big fire. A bunch of trails are burnt & closed. There is still some good riding that's open (AZT to SnowBowl out and back, etc.). Prescott would be worth a day trip. I love Sedona riding. I usually stick to the 3 H's (HiLine, Hogs, Hangover). Hangover is a truly unique trail. It does have exposure. It could be 95 in Sedona then, or 65. Hard to say. I would curve East and hit the Colorado high country (Durango, Crested Butte, Salida, etc.)

If you want to swing this Far East let me know... that’s prime time here. You can do 133 down toward Delta after

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    If you want to swing this Far East let me know... that’s prime time here. You can do 133 down toward Delta after

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Will do.

Thanks all for the beta.

North rim of grand Canyon trail is very scenic. You can car camp right on the rim, awesome sunrise.