Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Whatever happened to “leave well enough alone”?

Just one more Xmas card you have to send now. Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hire a private investigator to dig up dirt/ find out if this is someone you want in your life. This a Parvo thread after all.

Name:  twins.jpeg
Views: 608
Size:  6.6 KB
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

make sure you have bear spray accessible for the meeting

A friend of mine is the product of a sperm donation and has made contact with I think around 10 siblings over Ancestry and 23 and Me. So far so good for him. I find it particularly interesting since they're ages are all within +/- 1 year of one another and all had the same motivations, a similar desire to discover their siblings, and to find their biological father.

For Parvo it seems different...since neither he nor his sibling presumably knew the other existed, whereas in the above example there's a decent understanding that where there's one there's bound to be many.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    A friend of mine is the product of a sperm donation and has made contact with I think around 10 siblings over Ancestry and 23 and Me. So far so good for him.
    That's just weird...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's just weird...
    Probably not my cup of tea, but to each their own.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I've gotten a couple pm's from mags who have had similar experiences which was helpful and enlightening. I'm not going to contact the sibling, if they reach out first then I'll cross that bridge since they have the same ability to contact as I do. But just about everyone in my life - including 100% of family - are amazing and stellar humans, not sure I need to introduce some unknown element into my deal.

I told my mom about it this morning and she feels its highly suspect "that can't be" she says. She feels the whole Ancestry.com thing is a scam to help Mormons with genealogy efforts so they can baptize the world.

I'm also going to take the 23 and me for a little more background on what my future may hold in terms of disease or ability to enjoy cilantro.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post

I told my mom about it this morning and she feels its highly suspect "that can't be" she says. She feels the whole Ancestry.com thing is a scam to help Mormons with genealogy efforts so they can baptize the world.
    WTF?!
    I’ve heard the Trudeau conspiracy theory, but not that one.

Sent from inside the house
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Yeah a friend who lives on the island sent me that. I laughed, but suspect photochop.

The momos being behind the genealogy craze is a popular meme in the western states.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I'm not going to contact the sibling
    My opinion is meaningless in this situation, but I think you did the right thing. Sounds like you have a lot to lose and very little to gain by getting in contact with them. As many have as much said, "this ain't the movies".

Also, I'm surprisingly more on your Mom's side, regarding these DNA tests. They are misleading, inaccurate, and useless at best, and needlessly-terror-inducing, a scam, and insurance-company-roulette at worst. Fuck 'em, either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    WTF?!
    I’ve heard the Trudeau conspiracy theory, but not that one.

Sent from inside the house
    Yep, we'll documented for a decade or so. I can see why jews that were murdered in the holocaust for their religious beliefs migh be more than a little pissed.
    https://www.pressherald.com/2017/12/...r-controversy/

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

If it's a sister then I probably banged her. Sorry bro.

It's well known the Ancestry.com grew out of LDS databases created to allow posthumous baptism. Access used to be free in LDS facilities. Not really a scam since the purpose is no secret. At present it sounds like the scam is getting people to pay to submit their DNA so the company can create a commercial genetic database that it can sell. At least Facebook only steals your personal info for free.
    From Wikipedia: "In 2019, Ancestry.com was a awarded a German Big Brother Award, a negative award, “for exploiting an interest in genealogy to entice people into submitting saliva samples … to pile up a treasure trove of genome data for commercial research, because that is their actual business model."

This sort of thing is not new. See the HeLa cell line controversy. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ver-180962185/

My wife was advised by a genetic counselor to get a male family member eligible for Medicare tested for BRCA rather than running it on herself due to the worry about pre existing conditions exemptions going away.

Giving your DNA to a private for profit boggles my mind.

Adopted at birth, conceived in May of the Summer of Love, Catholic Church handled the festivities. Genetic Grandmother was a volly with Catholic Archdiocese, pulled my file while working in that office. Made contact with my Mom out of the blue about 20 years ago. Have a relationship with my birth Mother and her kids with the dude she met afterward. All good. The story was simple, they grew up same neighborhood of South Dakota, he was roomies with her older brother in college. She got knocked up in May, figured it out by August, his number came up in October. Nam was unpleasant that time period he said sorry going to Nam to get killed you're on your own. She had me, nursed me for three days. Nuns traded a bus ticket home for me and a lock of hair. She went home, went on with her life, met a dude and moved to New England area for life. Sperm Boy came home from war, looked for her and me, found out the story, got pissed and moved on. Birth Mother pinged him, he still hasn't told his present wife or kids about me, likely has a very uniquely worded will. I have not done the test for those reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Giving your DNA to a private for profit boggles my mind.
    Exactly! Always wear a rubber when fucking a hooker.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

If it’s his sister then maybe someone will finally will post up topless pictures of their sister!!

This crew has gone soft...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    If it’s his sister then maybe someone will finally will post up topless pictures of their sister!!
    I’m 99% sure HOP did, back in about 2002. His sister was in one of the early Stone Nudes calendar. She was hot. Probably still is.

Yeah I remember that pic, she sure looked fit. I kinda wish she hadn't been facing the rock she was climbing but such is life.

Parvo's life is like a summer beach novel.

I don't have time to sit through a whole book. So thanks, Parvo.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A friend of mine is the product of a sperm donation ...
    Probably not my cup of tea, but to each their own.
    Too tangy for ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

A friend of mine is the product of a sperm donation and has made contact with I think around 10 siblings over Ancestry and 23 and Me. So far so good for him. I find it particularly interesting since they're ages are all within +/- 1 year of one another and all had the same motivations, a similar desire to discover their siblings, and to find their biological father.

For Parvo it seems different...since neither he nor his sibling presumably knew the other existed, whereas in the above example there's a decent understanding that where there's one there's bound to be many.
    There's this story on BBC News that reads like something you'd here on This American Life. Lesbian couple made babies with donors. They split up and took their respective children with them. Woman at the center of the story got all the kids who were made together with the donor (I think it was some dude who needed money in college so he donated a lot. Like ya do.)
    Lady and guy wound up together in a fam with his donor baby (babies?).
    Yeah. For real.

Side note: I guess you can get a woman back on the dick heartig team? Gives me hope since all the women I like like women. "You drive a Subaru and wear lots of flannel? Me too!"
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Side note: I guess you can get a woman back on the dick heartig team? Gives me hope since all the women I like like women. "You drive a Subaru and wear lots of flannel? Me too!"
    lolol