WTB - Blizzard Rustler 9 180 or similar

I bought my first seasons pass after many years in the backcountry, need to pick up a one ski resort quiver killer. Im looking for a good ski for groomers and bumps with the occasional first chair pow lap before it gets skied up.

Rossignol Experience 94 also look good.

im 5'11" and 170 lbs

What do you ski in the backcountry? Have you skied either of those skis? Other than waist size, the Rustler9 and E94 are not similar.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    What do you ski in the backcountry? Have you skied either of those skis? Other than waist size, the Rustler9 and E94 are not similar.
    A splitboard.
    I can ski at a fairly advance level though. They both seem like good all around resort skis to me?

I can tell you that the Rossi will be demanding in bumps, relatively narrow to be quick but stiff and you'll be poppin outta troughs launching 2 attatime...

They will be outstanding ripping the groomed and as a DD but will be less fun in soft snow. Still very stable and easy to rip in less than a foot.

As Jackattack says, not the same kinda skis. Once you start looking at top tier boards, they tend to perform in a more refined manner depending on build.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I can tell you that the Rossi will be demanding in bumps, relatively narrow to be quick but stiff and you'll be poppin outta troughs launching 2 attatime...

They will be outstanding ripping the groomed and as a DD but will be less fun in soft snow. Still very stable and easy to rip in less than a foot....
    If you want that kinda ski, just buy my Kastle MX88s...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

They will be outstanding ripping the groomed and as a DD but will be less fun in soft snow. Still very stable and easy to rip in less than a foot.

As Jackattack says, not the same kinda skis. Once you start looking at top tier boards, they tend to perform in a more refined manner depending on build.
    Thanks for the info on the Rossi. Can you recommend a ski that would be more forgiving in the bumps? I will probably get another ski for pow days.

Quote Originally Posted by durangobrad View Post
    Thanks for the info on the Rossi. Can you recommend a ski that would be more forgiving in the bumps? I will probably get another ski for pow days.
    Soft and forgiving =\= stable and fast

In some ways the rustler could be what you seek, if you like a more progressive stance. The rocker profile should make for a quick turner but lay it on edge, with the ti laminate, it should hold.

My personal favorite low-tide ski from last season is the Dynastar menace 98, sort of an old freestyle design, burly, damp, playful, cheap.

Bump still looking for a daily driver for colorado resort skiing

If you want to look more into the Dynastar option given, I'm pretty sure the Menace is just a rebranded Slicer and you can get those for under $250 new.

https://www.corbetts.com/2019-dynast...-factory-skis/

Price is in CAD on Corbetts.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Where’s your pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Where’s your pass?
    Purgatory

You should probably be on 95-105mm directional charger.

If you ever get up to Aspen, I’ve got a bunch I’d sell cheap.

Blizzard Rustler 9 is a good option, in my opinion, but for western resorts I'd go with the 10. Forgiving ski but still stiff enough to power through stuff.

I have 185 Cochise blue with no titanal. It has two mounts and current is pivot at 310. Great shape overall

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the lower end of that because I will ski weekdays no matter the conditions. I have a friend with a bunch of pow skis I can borrow if it will be deeper, but I feel like I should own a pair of daily drivers instead of being a mooch.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I have 185 Cochise blue with no titanal. It has two mounts and current is pivot at 310. Great shape overall
    I skied that ski but the orange one. I liked it for groomers and wide open pow. But found it to be too much ski for me when things got tight and in moguls.

I don't think I'll be up that way this summer, unfortunately I would love to pick up something cheap, locally. I'm seeing some nice deels on Corbett's though and might just pull the trigger.

Buy my Nordica Enforcer 93
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

179 Wren 108 on CAST at 295mm.

Too many skis in my garage and I can’t get off my 96s or Billy Goats.

Grabbed a pair of k2 pinnacle 95 ti with look pivot 14s. Corbetts for $450 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by durangobrad View Post
    Grabbed a pair of k2 pinnacle 95 ti with look pivot 14s. Corbetts for $450 shipped.
    Nice deal, those should serve you well.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Have a pair of 180cm Rustler 9 with Attack2 13 bindings that I’m selling in Canada for $495/$375 US. Not sure shipping cost but would work something out.

Great ski just wanted something a little longer and heavier so I got a pair of Enforcer 93 in 185cm.

Kijiji ad

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-ski/london/b...495/1455030709
    re-read thread noslow

Lost track of user names and didn’t see it was the OP with the K2 purchase! My bad, deleted post and head hung in shame......