Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pretty sure he wants to get a little further afield. Sadly there's no direct ATL-Reykjavik flights though.

It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Mexico City is about 3 hours non-stop from ATL on Delta. Exchange rate makes swanky hotels and kick-ass food cheap. Lot's of parks, architecture and museums.

https://www.eater.com/2016/3/21/1124...ting-itinerary

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/3-days-in-mexico-city

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-pleas...ity-1446747094
    Was fixing to rec Mexico City as well. Great metropolis on par with NYC, London, etc. Perfect for a long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Pretty sure he wants to get a little further afield. Sadly there's no direct ATL-Reykjavik flights though.
    Well he said drive or fly, and the earlier suggestions were mostly fly. Don't look at me, though, my 3 weekends in a row: Chicago, Lake Roosevelt, AZ, Jackson Hole.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Respectfully disagree.
    Respectfully disagree with your disagreement.

In jeans.

the NYT "36 hour" book is always good for sparking ideas for us
    https://smile.amazon.com/New-York-Ti...s%2C204&sr=8-2

also has anyone mentioned Austin? that's a fun little city for a long weekend and bet you can get short enough flts
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Drive for this one, so you can bring more stuff.
    Savannah, (Hilton Head), Charleston, (Isle of Palms), Jacksonville, (Okefenokee), Tallahasee, (St. Mark's Wildlife refuge).
    St Marks looks interesting. Thanks!

We’ve got a place on HHI so we’re there all the time. Looking to mix it up. Can’t go wrong with any of Low Country though. You won’t find a bigger champion of it all here.

ETA: someone post the above disagreements as evidence of how it’s properly done for those in the consent or lack thereof thread.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Was fixing to rec Mexico City as well. Great metropolis on par with NYC, London, etc. Perfect for a long weekend.
    I speak grade school level French, have an iron gut, and have never considered MX City.

I’m interested

You could have a beer with me if you do this! But its a PITA to get there honestly and I bet lodging is awfully slim at this point.

Mexico City is a great suggestion. Some pyramids relatively close by, too. Austin is another good idea, there are plenty of spectacular BBQ places there that don't have a 5 hour wait, and there are good bands going thru there all the time. Austin City Limits is in early October, too. BBQ, Beer, and music.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    BBQ, Beer, and music.
    and dont forget about the bats lol
    we stayed at a hotel right next to the bridge and it was trippy!
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

also has anyone mentioned Austin? that's a fun little city for a long weekend and bet you can get short enough flts
    US grand prix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    You could have a beer with me if you do this! But its a PITA to get there honestly and I bet lodging is awfully slim at this point.
    I’m one of those weirdos that actually likes Snowshoe, but despite being basically die north of here, it takes fucking forever to get there. I can fly to Eagle County and back in the time it takes to drive there.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    US grand prix?
    You have my attention.

Maybe not the other half’s but we can work on it.

She'll enjoy it.

There's a big music festival in Austin that weekend too I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Los Angeles. Tons of things to do and great weather that time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I’m one of those weirdos that actually likes Snowshoe, but despite being basically die north of here, it takes fucking forever to get there. I can fly to Eagle County and back in the time it takes to drive there.
    Its cause you live in the South. But yeah I do too. Spent a lot of time there growing up. Haven't been back since we scattered my dad's ashes on the lake in 2013. Will be good to get back.

And to bring this thread back on topic, flying to SLC is easy on Delta, then rent a car and explore Southern/Central Utah. There are some cool mountains down towards Beaver that don't see nearly the traffic of northern UT.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    And to bring this thread back on topic, flying to SLC is easy on Delta, then rent a car and explore Southern/Central Utah. There are some cool mountains down towards Beaver that don't see nearly the traffic of northern UT.
    Yeah. Southwest Utah is pretty nice.

I speak grade school level French, have an iron gut, and have never considered MX City.

I’m interested
    Stay in Polanco if you want to make things easy on yourself and don't speak great espanol (Polanco is akin to Buckhead--big international hotels and where the wealthiest Mexicans tend to reside--but in central CDMX)--great food, vibe, bars. Uber everywhere you need to go if you aren't cool with public trans (Uber is practically free in MX, average wait time is 30 seconds, and you don't have to worry about language issues). The archeological museum is one of the great museums on the planet and will give you a primer on the history and cultures of pre-Columbian Americas. Check out some lucha libre on Friday night at Arena Mexico. Eat random shit on the street. Eat random shit in restaurants. Eat. Eat. Eat. Lots of cool neighborhoods/markets/squares to explore. Great town.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Stay in Polanco if you want to make things easy on yourself and don't speak great espanol (Polanco is akin to Buckhead--big international hotels and where the wealthiest Mexicans tend to reside--but in central CDMX)--great food, vibe, bars. Uber everywhere you need to go if you aren't cool with public trans (Uber is practically free in MX, average wait time is 30 seconds, and you don't have to worry about language issues). The archeological museum is one of the great museums on the planet and will give you a primer on the history and cultures of pre-Columbian Americas. Check out some lucha libre on Friday night at Arena Mexico. Eat random shit on the street. Eat random shit in restaurants. Eat. Eat. Eat. Lots of cool neighborhoods/markets/squares to explore. Great town.
    Awesome, thanks for the good beta! Brought it up as a possible venue last night and it was well received.

Others in the running are:

Austin
    Traverse City/Harbor Springs
    Bar Harbor (family has a bnb there, but they're not exactly the "fun" type) or similar DE Maine
    Cape Cod
    Apalachicola
    Cumberland Island National Seashore

I’m headed to CDMX in late October and staying near the El Angel de la Indepencia, on the Paseo de la Reforma. They close the Paseo on Sunday’s to vehicle traffic, becomes foot and bike only, so a good way to get to Chapultepec.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Traverse City/Harbor Springs
    Look into Charlevoix in that area, too. Pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Look into Charlevoix in that area, too. Pretty nice.
    That’s right. It’s probably been 20 years since I’ve been up that way, IIRC it was a cute little town. Family did Torch Lake two summers ago and it looked beautiful. Might be too cold by then though to do any water stuff besides paddling.

Boyne and Cherry Festival and petoskey Stones and all that good mitten shit. I’m sure it looks a million times different by now.

Yeah, I haven't been up there in a long time either. Too many great places to visit, so little time!