Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Key West. Actually I'd prefer some of the less chaotic islands but it's pretty easy to fly into then head out. There's also an airport on Marathon.

Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Baltimore.
    I was just over in that thread and it appears they have an issue with Vermont skiers, and maybe trash pickup. I don't know, seems like a lot to deal with for just a weekend.

I hear they have the last surviving ESPN Zone though, so it may not be a total wash.
    I still call it The Jake.

I don't really consider between now and October "fall". At least not out here.

How about SF?
    http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com/2019/

Fall Weekend Trip Ideas?

Harbor Springs... Jesus that brought back memories. I spent a week there every summer for about three years because my girlfriend had a house on the Birchwood Farms course. Wasn’t so bad, you could do that too Mills, rent a house on the course, play some golf, hang out at the country club, play Bill Murray and eat a snickers, etc. We would rent water ski boats on some lake nearby because it was warmer and smoother than Lake Michigan. Went up to see Macinaw Island and rented a tandem bike with my girlfriend and rode around and ate fudge. I mean whatever, but I wouldn’t fly from Atlanta.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Dunwoody

Bar Harbor? Love it in the slack seasons. Takes forever to get to. You going to fly into Bangor? Or spend considerable time driving...

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Dunwoody

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    And to bring this thread back on topic, flying to SLC is easy on Delta, then rent a car and explore Southern/Central Utah. There are some cool mountains down towards Beaver that don't see nearly the traffic of northern UT.
    That's a long flight and a long drive for a weekend trip.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    and dont forget about the bats lol
    we stayed at a hotel right next to the bridge and it was trippy!
    They migrate south at some point in the fall, not sure when. Goes to a slow trickle eventually.

Anything that requires more than one plane and/or more than 3-4 hours in the air sounds sucky for a long weekend to me.

Charleston has food, beach and plenty to do. I think you’ve been there plenty?, but there are no shortage of great eateries popping up on a regular basis and the beach never gets old.

Amusement parks are fun in the fall cause they’re way less crowded. Good with kids, but I’d hit one with the wife in a second.

I never need an excuse to go to Asheville, especially in the Fall. I have dreams of bathing in the drinkable chocolate from French Broad Chocolates.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

2nd Asheville, prolly just enough to do for an extended weekend.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Yep, I get to Chas on the reg. That town will never get old for us, and it's just so easy to do for a weekend. Just mixing it up this fall.

Asheville in the fall sounds awesome and that along with Greenville has been mentioned around the office several times today.

Good point on amusement parks in the fall. It's the only time to go. We're probably going to wait till next year to take the boy to America's greatest roller coaster park - Cedar Point - as soon as he's guaranteed to not fly out of the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ...Traverse City/Harbor Springs...
    If you end up going to MI, then check out:
    https://www.lelandlodge.com/

Cool little town...cool little lodge.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I'm gonna throw my hat in for Mexico City - seems like a great place to spend a long weekend.

Then again, I fucking love tacos. So that might be swaying my opinion...

Austin is a great city, I'll go back for sure. Midnight Cowboy for Cocktails and take Bird Scooter to Discada Taco Stand for dinner (or vice versa)
    One kind of taco, served with Mexican Coke (cane sugar)
    From the website:
    "Chef Xose Velasco, who is from the Tlalnepantla area of Mexico City, uses a recipe passed down from his father: beef, pork, and vegetables are cooked in seven layers, where each layer is cooked in the juices of the previous layer. The mixture is then placed in corn tortillas and topped with onions, cilantro, and pineapple"

5th Mexico City. I've been researching a bit as I'm hoping to volunteer at the PGA golf tourney there in February. I'm looking at the Condesa or Roma neighborhoods...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    <snip> The mixture is then placed in corn tortillas
    But of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    5th Mexico City. I've been researching a bit as I'm hoping to volunteer at the PGA golf tourney there in February. I'm looking at the Condesa or Roma neighborhoods...
    Similar hoods, next to each other, right in the heart of things--they are the young, happening hoods. Very cool, relatively verdant, residential and not super touristy.