Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    New ATK Front 12 (stoppers on the toe)
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7x9UOVI9uJ/

Did anything ever come from ATK's binding with an alpine heel? They displayed one at ISPO one or two years ago as a research project.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    How far off the Cochise shape is it?
    Cochise falls in between LV and MV from a fit standpoint, it's that way by design. I can put a Cochise on out of the box and put my footbeds in and be totally fine, zero work. LVs require a bit of work, MVs have too much volume in the forefoot for me. The 10 or so runs I've taken in this year's MV are probably the only runs I've ever taken in a 100mm last, or the only runs I've taken in
    the last 15 years in one. It held my heel and ankle really well but just had a bit too much space for my forefoot. Cochise tends to be the lowest over the instep of all three lasts. Growing up shoving my feet into race boots for so long I can't handle any movement. I downsize 3 sizes from my shoes, and my toes pretty much have to be slightly curled in order for things to feel "correct" in the boot. Consequently other people's experiences might be different than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Smith has a Squad Mag coming out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    any news on a 4d mag in an XL size like they have the IO mag XL?

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Cochise falls in between LV and MV from a fit standpoint, it's that way by design. I can put a Cochise on out of the box and put my footbeds in and be totally fine, zero work. LVs require a bit of work, MVs have too much volume in the forefoot for me. The 10 or so runs I've taken in this year's MV are probably the only runs I've ever taken in a 100mm last, or the only runs I've taken in
    the last 15 years in one. It held my heel and ankle really well but just had a bit too much space for my forefoot. Cochise tends to be the lowest over the instep of all three lasts. Growing up shoving my feet into race boots for so long I can't handle any movement. I downsize 3 sizes from my shoes, and my toes pretty much have to be slightly curled in order for things to feel "correct" in the boot. Consequently other people's experiences might be different than mine.
    Thanks as always. I guess I’ll have to try and get used to the Cochise flex. I doubt it’s that different to the similar 130 Mach boot.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Did anything ever come from ATK's binding with an alpine heel? They displayed one at ISPO one or two years ago as a research project.
    The latest I heard was that they were still working on it, but had to completely redesign the heel (i think it was) due to patent infringements or some such. Somebody else posted about it, perhaps in the 300gr binding thread or more probably the ATK thread - can't remember.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 01-26-2020 at 02:09 PM.

2020-2021 Gear Rumors / Pictures etc

Anybody know if the 2021 Corvus Freebird is full rockered? Weight?

Edit; or any new full rockered touring skis? Blizzard?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by abp View Post
    990g claimed weight in a 27, 100 flex. No word on last but it looks like the shoe is the same as the alien rs. Can’t imagine they would feel like building new molds for this given the popularity of the rs.

In the Blister podcast the CEO says 99mm last, but he originally said 100mm last, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    If you’re skiing at 6 you don’t need this binding. And then by your argument if you need more than the 12 then you’re already covered with the 18. What am I missing. I’m not denying the 15 makes more sense, it’s just that I don’t see it solves a problem that actually exists.
    It’s best to ski near the middle of the spring.

I’ve broken more plastic/metal hybrid toes than I can count.

I’ve never broken a solid metal toe.

I ski at an 11 DIN. Middle of spring is 13. Middle 2/3 of spring is 11-15, so I’m just on the edge of the sweet spot for that binding.

The 15 gives me the toe I need, and it’s middle is 11.5. With a sweet spot of 9.5 - 13. This is my ideal binding.

Quote Originally Posted by evo View Post
    Article talks about updates to atomic backland, but other than new womens widths doesnt say what those changes are. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post

I’ve broken more plastic/metal hybrid toes than I can count.

I’ve never broken a solid metal toe.

I ski at an 11 DIN. Middle of spring is 13. Middle 2/3 of spring is 11-15, so I’m just on the edge of the sweet spot for that binding.

The 15 gives me the toe I need, and it’s middle is 11.5. With a sweet spot of 9.5 - 13. This is my ideal binding.

Skiing in the middle of the spring is a complete, and I mean complete fallacy. Really.

Your point on metal may be fair. I personally have never broken a plastic binding.

But you’ve basically proved my point. You ski at 11. The P18 is a perfect binding for you. The P15 offers you nothing extra. Except maybe the tiniest weight decrease.

I'm mostly offended that the Katana 108 isn't green.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200127-170552~2.jpeg 
Views:	274 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	312596  

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    I'm mostly offended that the Katana 108 isn't green.
    Which ones the Katana..the white/red all the way to right in pic? (Can’t read it/blurry)

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Which ones the Katana..the white/red all the way to right in pic? (Can’t read it/blurry)
    Yellow, dead center.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Not trying to single you out, just want to completely dispel this myth for anyone who is reading:

Bindings springs are intended to be tested regularly so that the release values can be calibrated, meaning adjusted to fall within a certain range of torque to ensure the binding continues to release properly in spite of metal fatigue, boot wear, etc. If you ski at an 11 and one of your toes, for example, is testing high, the DIN setting can be adjusted, in increments of 0.5, to calibrate the spring and bring the release values within range, up to +/- 2.0 DIN. In an older binding it’s not entirely uncommon for one or more components to be readjusted by ~1/2 DIN, provided people are testing their skis annually. If the binding does not test out after being adjusted and retested, the technician is directed to fail the binding and can no longer work on it. In our modern age, engineering tolerances and manufacturing processes are tight enough that by the time a binding requires significant adjustment, it’s usually no longer indemnified. But an 11 is an 11 regardless of where it lies on your visual indicator scale. Period. Whether it is at the top or the bottom of the scale. THE ONLY REASON TO AVOID SETTING YOUR BINDINGS AT EITHER END OF THE SCALE IS TO ALLOW FOR CALIBRATION OF THE SPRING, meaning if you’re not within 2 DIN of either end, it simply does not matter. At all. So in your particular instance, you gain absolutely nothing by going to the 15. There is no sweet spot.

Again, not trying to be a dick, just trying to quash rumors.

Anyone have an info on the 2021 Line Vision 118? I've spent some days on the 108 and its been a really fun ski. I'm interested to hear about sizing and weights on the 118.

Yellow, dead center.
    Thats green...?

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Anyone have an info on the 2021 Line Vision 118? I've spent some days on the 108 and its been a really fun ski. I'm interested to hear about sizing and weights on the 118.
    I think claimed weight is 1950ish grams in the 18x length, so moderately light but hevier than the 108 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Thats green...?
    Looks yellow to me. Definitely not the classic Katana emerald.

2020-2021 Gear Rumors / Pictures etc

Yellow, dead center.
    sweet....I betcha that green pops a little more in person...still searching for the Dragons though..lol

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Thats green...?
    I'm so mad that's the only pic of the line. What's to the left and right?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    I'm so mad that's the only pic of the line. What's to the left and right?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Ski on the left is the mantra 102. On the right Im not sure, maybe V-Werks Katana?

Katanas have massive tips? Looks like 150mm or so to me.

Bry - it is a screen grab from an Insta-story. It showed what I believe to be their two V Werks skis (Katana and Mantra) to the right of the presumed Katana, then the new freeride range of supposedly lightweight skis to its left. It was fairly low res and about as exciting as the pic above.

Island Bay: page three
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    OK, here's the latest, straight out of the catalog
    Katana 108 dimensions 146-108-129. Come in 170, 177, 184, 191. Stated radius on the 184 R1-34m, R2-19m, R3-39m. Rocker profile looks to be similar to M5 and 102. No weight listed but apparently not a featherweight.

And the new "BLAZE" 106 dimensions 146-106-128. Come in 165, 172, 179, 186. Stated radius on the 186 R1-30m, R2-19m, R3-40m. Tip and tail rocker. 186 listed at 1,772 grams. There might be a pair of these showing up soon; will report if so.
    I guess most of this has been posted already, but at least this is from the official source aka the respective brands' catalogues.
    Rossi 2021: https://issuu.com/zuzupopo/docs/rossignol_2021_alpine
    Dalbello 2021: https://issuu.com/zuzupopo/docs/dalbello_2021
    Look 2021: https://issuu.com/zuzupopo/docs/look_2021
    Dynastar 2021: https://issuu.com/zuzupopo/docs/dynastar_2021
    Faction 2021: https://issuu.com/actionsportagency/...gue_working_v8
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 02-06-2020 at 03:37 AM. Reason: removed faulty lange 2021 link - me so sowwy

They should have made a Katana V-Werks Ti with a titanal band like on the Mantra V-Werks, that would have been a great ski.