Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Interesting. I would agree with your assessment that the use of grilamid is for more stiffness at the same weight, and it's use is at odds with the Blister podcast where the Lange designer explained the use of PU in the XT3.
    If I understand correctly the majority of the flex in an overlap boot comes from the deformation of the lower shell, so it seems logical to use PU there if you want to have a more 'alpine-like' flex, and use lighter, stiffer plastic in the cuff?

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Here is the correct Lange 20/21 catalogue. Nothing exciting but of note, it lists the XT3 140 being a PU/Gril combo in the lower cog vs. PU/PU of the XT3 130. What's the advantage of the Grilamid in this case, extra stiffness at the same weight? Wasn't Lange trying to extol the virtues of the new XT3 going back to the PU ways for a better ski feel?

Lange 2021
    DPS 2021
    Scott 2021
    Armada 2021
    Catalog says cuff is made from Lyftan Polypropolene. I've never heard of a PP being used.

I guess most of you have seen these already, but they were new to me today - so thought I should post in case of some of you had not seen these.

The changes to the Anima are larger than what I thought they would be. Especially the added width out back together with a stiffer flex should change how they ride quite a bit. Will be very interesting to see reviews of the new version. BC often run a couple of cm shorter when measured straight pull, so lengths are pretty nice for pow ski.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2020-03-27 kl. 21.56.40.png 
Views:	347 
Size:	835.6 KB 
ID:	322545
    Source: https://issuu.com/zuzupopo/docs/black_crows_2021

I dont get why you would make it stiffer for stability but at the same time reduce the sidecut to make it turnier...

New Line Vision has substantially increased tail rocker.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Attachment 314498

The shape on the left doesn't seem to match anything that's currently in Moments lineup. Looks like it might be a new frontside offering.
    Still learning about shape. What makes you think it's a front side offering? Narrow width with wide shovels?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post

Wow. Story time.

A few things... mainly that there is very little early taper, which Moment tends to like. It's also a very directional shape (mount point and tail design). Also, moderate waist width.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Still learning about shape. What makes you think it's a front side offering? Narrow width with wide shovels?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Wow. Story time.
    Just a routine tuck and roll after catching something under the snow. I didn't even realize it was broken until the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    It'll buff out!

These modern shapes...

anyone know about the new Black Crows "Justice" they're supposedly replacing the Daemon with?

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    anyone know about the new Black Crows "Justice" they're supposedly replacing the Daemon with?
    A re-imagined blend of the Navis and Daemon, with camber, h-shaped metal and lots of rocker. Should be an interesting option in the 98-104 category.

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...k-crows-justis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0zdNKwkdFE

Anybody have insight into BD next year, Helio bindings, beacons? Specs on skis? I can't find a catalog

^ I fondled a pair of the new BD Cirque 84s for next season, BD was kind enough to let us raffle off a pair for our local skimo organization. I’ll see if I can find the dims in the pics I took. White topsheets, green sidewalls, tip notch, light, medium flex. Seemed like a dimension-by-dimension clone of the Voile Objective, which is extremely popular here at least. Held a pair of each in the 171 and the BDs seemed a touch lighter. Their new topsheets look sweet too (white).

No real insider info though sorry lol

In the ATK thread people said the FR14 will be rebranded and sold by BD next year

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    Anybody have insight into BD next year, Helio bindings, beacons? Specs on skis? I can't find a catalog
    The only thing I can recall seeing are these videos:

Skis and bindings

Touring kit:

The guys who made the last two videos also have some videos on mittens, summer shoes, duffles and whatnot. They also have a quite a few other short videos from Outdoor Retailer including one from North Face explaining their new mountaineering kit/line up that was fairly interesting imho.

Sorry if the embedding got excessive.

Haven’t been paying attention, looks like this is the year there will be touring boots to fit my feet. I ski both S/Pro 130 and hawx prime 130s alpine boots, both fit me very well with heat molding, so both the new Shift Pro boot and hawx prime xtd 130 should fit great.

Seems like the hawx might be the better boot for touring with greater range of motion.

I am curious if the Hoji Free would fit my foot well, I have yet to be in a boot though that fit without molding/boot work. Narrow heels, high instep, wide forefoot, big claves isn’t fun to fit (especially in a 25.5).

Will have to go try them all on this fall

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Haven’t been paying attention, looks like this is the year there will be touring boots to fit my feet. I ski both S/Pro 130 and hawx prime 130s alpine boots, both fit me very well with heat molding, so both the new Shift Pro boot and hawx prime xtd 130 should fit great.

Seems like the hawx might be the better boot for touring with greater range of motion.

I am curious if the Hoji Free would fit my foot well, I have yet to be in a boot though that fit without molding/boot work. Narrow heels, high instep, wide forefoot, big claves isn’t fun to fit (especially in a 25.5).

Will have to go try them all on this fall

That hoji last definitely does not have a high instep :/ been there and tried
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    That hoji last definitely does not have a high instep :/ been there and tried
    Super low instep, narrower in the forefoot than the stated last says and the heel pocket is not very tight.

Hawx it is then haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Super low instep, narrower in the forefoot than the stated last says and the heel pocket is not very tight.
    I tried on a 26 Hoji and it fit surprisingly well. It’s not as big as I thought it would be

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Hawx it is then haha.
    Hawx Prime XTD will be a winner. We sold two pairs in March before the store shut down. Generous 100mm last, plenty of instep height, reasonably snug heel but more room under the medial maleolus/navicular region, easier to put on the the Ultra. New Mimic liners are nice.

I got the 20/21 Hawx 130 in March and had some time in it. Mimic liner is comfy but tours worse than the previous liner. I plan on getting the touring liner on the fall to switch it out on longer days.

Any truth to the fleeting rumor Tecnica might have a 1kg boot next year?