Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

The Katana 108 - Dynastar M-Pro 105.

Somebody needs to ski these two back to back in NZ this July/August.
    I graciously volunteer. Send Katanas, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Local shop got a shipment of 20/21 M5's yesterday and the topsheets are pretty conservative yet pretty tasty to my eye. Will climb on the Katana next Wed.
    Anxiously waiting for the feedback on these.

Line catalogue is out. Vision 118 looks like a fun ski. I have been really enjoying the 108 so far. New Pandora 110 is a interesting lightweight option for the ladies.

https://issuu.com/lineskis/docs/line...0-2021-catalog

That new Line BBR, sorry Blade, looks mental.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've been skiing a proto of the Vision 118 and it is really great! Can't comment on how close it will be to the production version, but is light, nimble and has no speed limit in pow.

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    I have been skiing on the Rossignol Sender Ti 187cm all week and it is so sick. The 187cm length holds at speed on groomers, pow and chopped snow. 187cm is a bit short for me, but this ski can hang no doubt and I dont have any qualms about charging hard on this length. The 194cm length seems like it will be even better so cant wait to get on those next year. I hope to have a pair of the Sender Squads soon and will report back after I get some days. Really nice to see some hard charging skis coming from Rossignol.
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

2020-2021 Gear Rumors / Pictures etc

Got to say I’m pretty interested in this katana k108.

Don’t give a fuck what it looks like!

Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    I have been skiing on the Rossignol Sender Ti 187cm all week and it is so sick. The 187cm length holds at speed on groomers, pow and chopped snow.
    This is as useful as most bike reviews stating “it climbs like a goat but descends like a downhill bike”

This might be of interest

https://issuu.com/zuzupopo/docs/volkl_2021

thanks!

It’s completely lame as many of these catalogs are simply recycling / re-using photos.

The industry is cheap AF lately & their lame ass products reflect this.

So VTA line is gone in favor of Rise, with weight to be determined.
    Also although I like the rocker profile on this blaze series, the weight makes them more of a touring ski than a 'pure freeride' as they billed in tha catalogue.

But really all I care about is the K108 and matra vwerks.

I find that Blaze 106 to be really intriguing. Metal underfoot but nowhere else is a welcomed compromise. CAST on my Mantra 102 is quite the heavy 50/50 option. CAST on a Blaze 106 makes a lot of sense for morning resort pow and afternoon side-country. It's a modest, real-world ski (that will last you a decade) that costs less than either v.werks option and slots itself right in the middle of the v.werks suite for weight and width... Plus it doesn't have annoying carbon for those firm encounters at the resort.

(wait... is this actually the Gotama reboot that's just sliding under the radar? ;-)

It's the 50/50 ski.

Again, a debate in Volkl semantics, "Pure Freeride." We don't have to beat a dead horse here. 2020 is proving that Volkl doesn't know how to name skis or write the copy. That's okay. The engineers are piecing together some amazing and simple concepts.

Let's just all admit we want a Blaze 106/CAST in our lives. I think that's a fair admission. I think that's actually a slot in my quiver that I've been trying to fill for quite some time.
    Last edited by gaijin; 02-01-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Anyone seen next year's Moments? rumours of a new core on the Wildcat, similar to the latest Deathwish core.

A little additional data on the blaze 106. I've heard that the it will retail for $600, a refreshing change for Volkl. As it happens a 186cm Blaze 106 showed up yesterday at our local shop so I might be able to take it for a spin tomorrow. Should be icy AF so the conditions will be well out of it's intended environ; always a good test. Will get rocker/camber pics today and maybe take it for a spin tomorrow. gaijin might be onto something about the 106 as a 50/50 with CAST/Shift/Duke PT. Their advertized weight, 1,779g aint far off of the BMT 109 (for reference my 186 BMT 109's weigh an average of 1,658 per ski, about a 100g less than advertized). If they aren't mounted yet I may try to drop them on a scale.

Smooth - Yeah, VTA and 100Eight/90Eight gone. Too bad on the VTA, that was a kick ass ski that nobody even tried. Will have a spin on the Rise series Wed/Thur

Had a look at the Blaze 106 in a 186 today. The one ski I weighed came in at 1,828g. More tip splay than I was expecting and fairly deep tip rocker, much less in the tail. Camber was pretty minimal, kinda like an M5. Tips not soft but not too stiff, tail was firmer and firm in the middle. Has a nice, roundish flex that's not what I would call burly. Shitty pictures below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0304[1].JPG 
Views:	571 
Size:	417.0 KB 
ID:	313473

Name:	KIMG0305[1].JPG 
Views:	545 
Size:	588.7 KB 
ID:	313474

Had a look at the Blaze 106 in a 186 today. The one ski I weighed came in at 1,828g. More tip splay than I was expecting and fairly deep tip rocker, much less in the tail. Camber was pretty minimal, kinda like an M5. Tips not soft but not too stiff, tail was firmer and firm in the middle. Has a nice, roundish flex that's not what I would call burly. Shitty pictures below.

Name:	KIMG0304[1].JPG 
Views:	571 
Size:	417.0 KB 
ID:	313473

Name:	KIMG0305[1].JPG 
Views:	545 
Size:	588.7 KB 
ID:	313474
    I’m late to the party here. Is 186 the longest length?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So the line blade is a ripper. 150+mm tip it just lays trenches. Sakana like but with better grip. New katana is awesome, the addition of camber make it ripper you want. If you need a. 184cm full rocker lmk

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    So the line blade is a ripper. 150+mm tip it just lays trenches. Sakana like but with better grip. New katana is awesome, the addition of camber make it ripper you want. If you need a. 184cm full rocker lmk
    Have you skied these two skis? Can you elaborate a bit?

Does anyone know new colors of sth2 13 and 16?

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    Does anyone know new colors of sth2 13 and 16?
    Same as 19/20, no color changes at Salomon except the addition of a black Shift

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Help an out of touch bloke like me. What's the intended use - if there is such a thing - of these things?

Ripper on the piste but can still tear up week old cut up crud and chop or something I'm missing..?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    This is as useful as most bike reviews stating “it climbs like a goat but descends like a downhill bike”
    Fair enough. Let me know if you want specifics. Compared to the Soul 7 (which was flappy and didnt hold speed on groomers or chopped snow) the Sender Ti is way more stable and high performance oriented. While the Sender Ti are skis built for charging hard, in the shorter lengths I think they will be versatile enough for people that are not skiing balls out all the time and just trying to enjoy some mellow schussing--especially in the non Ti model.
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Does anyone know if Moment didn’t attend OR or if they’re just doing a good job of keeping people quiet?