Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    How about these.... Look IS bringing back the 15!

Name:  Look 15 Binding Slider 5d.jpg
Views: 2196
Size:  351.0 KB
    Last edited by Flexon Phil; 01-21-2020 at 01:02 PM.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Stiff?
    A heavily rockered, 100mm, metal ski, with some camber and weight could be interesting. But not if it's planky stiff
    The reviewer talks about a GS-like feeling so I guess it's quite stiff

More stuff here at Skipass.

Thanks Phil!

Will the 18 come in the same color ways?

I think look will probably see a 75% drop in P18 sales in lieu of the P15... I only know one person skiing P18 who is past the 15 din mark. The rest all ski at 10 or 11.

Obviously you ski with pussies and dentists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    ZeroG lineup just get a new color scheme, no changes other than that. The sub 1000g boot might be a bit further away than that... There's a new Mach MV for next year with some interesting new tech that sort of originated in things learned from ZeroG development.
    Interested in this new Mach MV. How is the fit vs the current Cochise? I have the 130 flex and still feel it just flexes a touch soft. But love the fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Damn nice and about time. Carry on

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Thanks Phil!

Will the 18 come in the same color ways?
    I don't think the gold will be available in the 18 but the Forza 2.0 and Raw will.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I think look will probably see a 75% drop in P18 sales in lieu of the P15... I only know one person skiing P18 who is past the 15 din mark. The rest all ski at 10 or 11.
    Not gonna matter

P15 is a great idea, but holy heck the new Forza is ugly as sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    P15 is a great idea, but holy heck the new Forza is ugly as sin.
    Agreed...Forza 1.0 is rad, 2.0 sucks.

Look should spend less time coming up with new colorways and din settings and develop a pivot brake that retracts properly.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Blister weighed the new Lange XT3 (presumably the 130) and a 26.5 comes out at ~1780g...so about the same weights as the current Freetours in both shell and liners.

Skipass shows a 140, a 130, a 120, and a 110 version.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Interested in this new Mach MV. How is the fit vs the current Cochise? I have the 130 flex and still feel it just flexes a touch soft. But love the fit.
    Totally different last than the Cochise. The current MV is fairly wide with not a lot of shape (go to a shop and compare a current LV w/ an MV). The 20/21 MV mimics the current LV, with a way more anatomical fit that is closer to the foot, but with a taller and better toe box. Cochise feels a bit softer than the Mach in the same flex index.

Also, the "T-Drive" on the MV is legit. Essentially, less/no distortion on the lower boot when flexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that there is a new Gotama. No details yet
    Eh. I heard the same quote about that ski... "it's basically a new Gotama." Not really. After flexing it, it's way softer. Sort of a flippy-buttery ski. Not my favorite, but I'm sure some will like it.
    Apparently they tried to blend the old Katana and old Goat dimensions into one ski, ala the new Katana... narrower than the old Katana, wider than the old Goat, and the guts of the 102. This is the one that's the charger.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Blister weighed the new Lange XT3 (presumably the 130) and a 26.5 comes out at ~1780g...so about the same weights as the current Freetours in both shell and liners.

Skipass shows a 140, a 130, a 120, and a 110 version.
    Tried on the 140LV and 130MV last night. Both fit incredibly well for a touring/hybrid boot. Roomier than most true touring boots, with a larger toe box, great articulation, but the standout was the support. Not soft at all, a boot you can charge the bc with and only a little heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kied View Post
    Tried on the 140LV and 130MV last night. Both fit incredibly well for a touring/hybrid boot. Roomier than most true touring boots, with a larger toe box, great articulation, but the standout was the support. Not soft at all, a boot you can charge the bc with and only a little heavier.
    That's exciting do you know if the 140 will come in a MV?

I dig the Forza 2.0. It's garish, like a Look binding should be. As one of 12 people who still owns and uses a dedicated alpine ski boot when I ride lifts, I'm looking forward to the P15 and being able to get away from bindings that have 19 different adjustment points to accommodate everything from an DIN-standard alpine boot to a vibram soled AT boot to some stiletto fuck-me boots. KISS, FTW.

All of this talk of crossover gear, or a "travel setup" or whatever the fuck people are calling it now is utter bullshit. Purpose-built tools for specific tasks will always be superior. It's nothing more than some slick marketing to sell skiers with more money than sense gear that performs at best tolerably, everywhere.

In closing, it's really nice to see a little less emphasis placed on crossover/jack-of-all-trades gear for the coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    How about these.... Look IS bringing back the 15!

Name:  Look 15 Binding Slider 5d.jpg
Views: 2196
Size:  351.0 KB
    Drool.

Great work advocating to bring them back.

I've been hording my 15s.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I dig the Forza 2.0. It's garish, like a Look binding should be. As one of 12 people who still owns and uses a dedicated alpine ski boot when I ride lifts, I'm looking forward to the P15 and being able to get away from bindings that have 19 different adjustment points to accommodate everything from an DIN-standard alpine boot to a vibram soled AT boot to some stiletto fuck-me boots. KISS, FTW.

All of this talk of crossover gear, or a "travel setup" or whatever the fuck people are calling it now is utter bullshit. Purpose-built tools for specific tasks will always be superior. It's nothing more than some slick marketing to sell skiers with more money than sense gear that performs at best tolerably, everywhere.

In closing, it's really nice to see a little less emphasis placed on crossover/jack-of-all-trades gear for the coming season.
    And let us say "Amen"

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

Liking the trend of skis increasing in mass, more metal and less of a "you can tour on this!" marketing line for alpine gear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Liking the trend of skis increasing in mass, more metal and less of a "you can tour on this!" marketing line for alpine gear.
    Amen, sister..

As a dedicated race boot (Head Raptor 140rs) fan, I will also say Amen to ski companies making skis for alpine skiing again and not for every type of skiing. You don’t use a machete to slice a truffle!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Forgive my naiveté... is the P15 the same housing as the P18, just with a smaller spring? Can I use it with CAST?