Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Is it me or are we seeing a revival of the heavier, 2 sheets-of-metal ski's? Katana108 and Mantra 102, Dynastar's new line, Salomon with a line?, new Cochise ? I think it is great, never really got on board with the 'lighter is better' movement and love my damp titanal skis. Maybe the world is finally coming to its senses?
    +1

Dalbello quantum. Sub 1 kg.

https://www.friflyt.no/utstyr/skiuts...toevel-quantum

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Dalbello quantum. Sub 1 kg.

https://www.friflyt.no/utstyr/skiuts...toevel-quantum

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

looks like a Scarpa Alien
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

But will it drive a 130mm waist ski with bamboo and metal?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Only time I’m not in love with them is hiking with them strapped to my pack, or the thought of skinning on them with Cast.

Crud, variable shit, shallow pow, whatever - they are insane.
    Or anywhere where there are lots of tight turns...

Then it's just too much work.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    anyone?
    Blister put up a podcast talking with Lange's Thor Verdonk (haven't listened to it yet)

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/t...ski-boot-ep-83
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    2021 Dynafit: https://issuu.com/josport/docs/dyn_wb_w2021_hg_swe_web

Other than the binding that was already posted a while back in the 300gr binding thread there doesn't seem to be a whole lot new stuff minus some color changes. I dunno, i do not follow Dynafit closely - i do not like their gear for the most part. Sorry if the link above already was posted.
    Dynafit IMO is coasting on their market share right now/ setting themselves to only compete on price since other than their skimo race they don't have a category leading product. Also it kinda pisses me off that they've become very loose/ lying about actual weights. For example, a ton of the first look and reviews of the TLT 8 that are out there are given numbers from Dynafit for the boot weight that is only the shell weight making them look lighter by about 200grams. Or them saying their DNA boot is the lightest in the world when both Sportiva and Pierre Gignoux both make lighter boots.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Blister put up a podcast talking with Lange's Thor Verdonk (haven't listened to it yet)
    https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/t...ski-boot-ep-83
    Cliff Notes:
    Lange will come out with more of a 1400g touring boot 21/22 which allowed them to design the XT3 to be more of a skier's boot again, beefed up spine with a more useable touring range of motion...and POLYURETHANE.

2020-2021 Gear Rumors / Pictures etc

^^This makes my me very happy. Still on fist iteration of Freetours (130s) and scored a deal on some XT Free Promodel that I was going to roll into service later this year but now I’ll hold off and look patiently await the poly beef version

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    ^^This makes my me very happy. Still on fist iteration of Freetours (130s) and scored a deal on some XT Free Promodel that I was going to roll into service later this year but now I’ll hold off and look patiently await the poly beef version
    I spend probably 30-35% of the season on the XT Free Pro, with a booster strap, and Intuition Power Wrap liner for resort sidecountry (or Pro Tour for touring), and it’s not as bad as some people say. Is it a race boot, no it will never replace my Head Raptor RS 140s, but for what it is, it’s great. I usually ski it with a lighter ski, and it’s fine. If you can’t make it work, that’s on you.

But, I am excited to give the XT3 a shot. I’ll probably customize the shit out of it again, but that’s me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Is it me or are we seeing a revival of the heavier, 2 sheets-of-metal ski's? Katana108 and Mantra 102, Dynastar's new line, Salomon with a line?, new Cochise ? I think it is great, never really got on board with the 'lighter is better' movement and love my damp titanal skis. Maybe the world is finally coming to its senses?
    I’m in for a new Katana108 if it skis anything like my current 14’ Katanas.

XT Free with tour wrap liner works well for my all traveling season this year. Sure, I’d love to have my RS130s, but weight and space are a bit prohibitive and the free with the wrap liner both tour’s ok and skis well.

is there any news regarding nordica strider?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I think folks will be pretty impressed with the M-Pro 99. I skied an iteration in the 178 and was pretty stoked on it. I’d articulate it as a modernized Legend Pro: rocker and taper in the tip; evolved construction, but still damp, stable and smooths out the crud.

The PU hybrid core is pretty noticeable.
    How did the weight feel? Would be very interested in an M-Pro 99 186.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    ZeroG lineup just get a new color scheme, no changes other than that. The sub 1000g boot might be a bit further away than that... There's a new Mach MV for next year with some interesting new tech that sort of originated in things learned from ZeroG development.
    I heard that next years Mach MV was supposed to be very cool. Interested to hear what this new tech is.

Saw Dalbello’21 today- Lupo HD Pro comes back unchanged- still green.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Saw Dalbello’21 today- Lupo HD Pro comes back unchanged- still green.
    Good news!

According to Karl Fostad’s story the Mindbender 116 is becoming a Mindbender 112 and 122 next year.

Shapes look pretty similar to the current 116.

I’m actually really excited about this because I was hoping K2 made a slightly narrower but same construction 116 for a sidecountry/touring ski. The 122 also sounds like a perfect pow day ski where you are boot packing or sidestepping all over to get pow. I wonder if my BMX 115s will hood their spot in the quiver.

New Black Crows Justis, 100mm, low camber, double H shaped Ti plate, heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Hellsass[/b] (21 janv.)]

Pics by Hellsass at Skipass.
    Last edited by stuntmanbo; 01-21-2020 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    New Black Crows Justis, 100mm, low camber, double H shaped Ti plate, heavy.
    Pics by Hellsass at Skipass.
    Stiff?
    A heavily rockered, 100mm, metal ski, with some camber and weight could be interesting. But not if it's planky stiff

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    According to Karl Fostad’s story the Mindbender 116 is becoming a Mindbender 112 and 122 next year.

Shapes look pretty similar to the current 116.

I’m actually really excited about this because I was hoping K2 made a slightly narrower but same construction 116 for a sidecountry/touring ski. The 122 also sounds like a perfect pow day ski where you are boot packing or sidestepping all over to get pow. I wonder if my BMX 115s will hood their spot in the quiver.

Thats the twin tip line called the reckoner 102, 112, and 122. The mindbenders return unchanged except for graphics. Looked like he also had a pair of the old powabungas that are all green and like 136 underfoot, but they also could have put an old powabunga top sheet on a prototype ski for him.

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    Thats the twin tip line called the reckoner 102, 112, and 122. The mindbenders return unchanged except for graphics. Looked like he also had a pair of the old powabungas that are all green and like 136 underfoot, but they also could have put an old powabunga top sheet on a prototype ski for him.
    All those intrigue me based on the limited pictures that Karl posted. If they come in adult lengths I’ll definitely be looking to demo them.

Name:  IMG_20200121_153107-01.jpeg
Views: 2366
Size:  222.6 KB
    New ski boot brand : CONVERSE :-)

Quote Originally Posted by buenonda View Post
    Name:  IMG_20200121_153107-01.jpeg
Views: 2366
Size:  222.6 KB
    New ski boot brand : CONVERSE :-)
    Wow, someone went to the trouble of copying my picture and then croping, reversing it and changing the image tone.

https://www.pugski.com/threads/time-...-9#post-431762

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08DB30EA-017B-4647-B81A-FAB91F54515F.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	745.3 KB 
ID:	311750
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8DD5DD7E-4124-4949-B9AF-1E5201B21ACF.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	737.2 KB 
ID:	311748  
    Click. Point. Chute.