Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25
    This thread is making me feel better about using Xt3 140s as my only boot this year. I'm 152 lbs, 5' 10", so maybe It might ski better than my shitty fitting 120 panterras anyway.

Guess I can always grab some RS130s in the middle of the season anyway.

Is the only difference between the xt3 130 and xt3 140 the strap?

I cant seem to find any other differences.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Is the only difference between the xt3 130 and xt3 140 the strap?

I cant seem to find any other differences.
    I think the plastic is different. Don't quote me though.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I think the plastic is different. Don't quote me though.
    It was supposed to but they changed their mind, info on the last page. Website also says plastic is the same so I’m confused as what’s actually different

isn't the difference the strap, the liner and the extra plastic spoiler on the back of the liner on the 140s?

Aka the shell is the same - the extra 10 comes from the liner, strap and spoiler? I also think the 140s ships with both GW and alpine soles in the box.

The other major difference is that the 140 is only offered in the 97mm LV version.

It was supposed to but they changed their mind, info on the last page. Website also says plastic is the same so I’m confused as what’s actually different
    Same type of plastic now, but stiffer shell.

Re my post above, this was the main source (what he says + graphics from their handbook)

Can't remember where I read/heard that the alpine soles were included with the 140s - where Lange's site specifies that they are sold seperately - so my memory is probably off.

[QUOTE=kid-kapow;6103605]Re my post above, this was the main source (what he says + graphics from their handbook)

Can't remember where I read/heard that the alpine soles were included with the 140s - where Lange's site specifies that they are sold seperately - so my memory is probably off[quote]

there are no alpine soles in the box, good luck finding the plastic as the company tech sheet has all the same type listed for every flex/model of the XT3 series
    so far the boots are fitting great out of the box and the new liner is great
    I'm not replacing my pink XRiR anytime soon but if i decide to sidecountry something i can see using this
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    good luck finding the plastic as the company tech sheet has all the same type listed for every flex/model of the XT3 series
    Not to be obtuse here, but isn't it expected that the replaceable soles are identical across the range?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Not to be obtuse here, but isn't it expected that the replaceable soles are identical across the range?
    Yeah, I think waxman was talking about the spec of the plastic types in the shells. Lange's marketing materials have been confusing as hell on that front (as discussed at length in the thread).

ah - yes - that makes sense. Thanks.

The plastic debate isn't really much of one re 130 vs 140 imho - the info from Blister kinda put that one to rest (even if it contradicts the marketing info made available elsewhere by Lange). My take is that the shells of the 130s and 140s are the same, the liner, spoiler and strap are not. Sorry for repeating that again and again. Please somebody at Lange correct me if I have misunderstood

For those that have skied both the 140 and 130 in past iterations, is there much of a noticeable difference in flex? I've been a Cochise Pro 130 guy but have always wanted a little more stiffness, so looking at the 140. Also, how does Lange sizing compare with Tecnica?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    ah - yes - that makes sense. Thanks.

The plastic debate isn't really much of one re 130 vs 140 imho - the info from Blister kinda put that one to rest (even if it contradicts the marketing info made available elsewhere by Lange). My take is that the shells of the 130s and 140s are the same, the liner, spoiler and strap are not. Sorry for repeating that again and again. Please somebody at Lange correct me if I have misunderstood
    In the previous iteration of the 130/140 XT, the plastic was the same type but the shell was stiffer on the 140. Why do you think the XT3 shells are the same stiffness even if they're made of the same material?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    In the previous iteration of the 130/140 XT, the plastic was the same type but the shell was stiffer on the 140. Why do you think the XT3 shells are the same stiffness even if they're made of the same material?
    How can the 140 shells be stiffer if the plastic is the same? The molds are the same. Same plastic + same thickness = same flex

How can the 140 shells be stiffer if the plastic is the same? The molds are the same. Same plastic + same thickness = same flex
    Magic

The cuff is stiffer and with the additional rigid spoiler. The liner could also be stiffer.

Same type of plastic, different durometer. Same way you get 100, 110 and 120 flex PU boots out of the same mold with different flexes.

Pretty sure the XT3 140 shell is stiffer than the XT3 130 shell but they come with the same liner. Could be wrong on liner. Confusion comes from the old RS140 which was an RS130 shell with beefier liner.

the liner is seemingly not the same - it is denser(/stiffer) and has the all important "Race" addition to the name To be fair, I have no idea how different the two liners are in use and take the Lange guy above and their marketing material at their words for the 140 liners being denser. The spoiler and strap is also different. Those three factors should add up to a stiffer boot, but if it accounts for the full 10 is something I simply do not know.

Wrt the shells and their respective stiffnesses - fair point, I will conceed that one as I do not know for a fact that the shells are the same or different. It is just the impression I am stuck with after said video, the info over at Blister and trying to research the question - aka difference in flex is explained through other variables - but there might have been a bit of a confirmation bias going on there. So no, I am not giving any more support to notion that the shells are different - but to the fact that at this point and time we simply do not know. Paging Lange.

Wrt to the alpine soles - yeah, my recollection was mistaken there. I think the sentence in a video was something like "the boots are supplied with GW soles in the box" which I then mistakenly interpreted as "the boots comes with an extra pair of soles". My bad.

Sorry if I am adding to the confusion here.

wow nice!

Hey guys, just wanted to post this to clear up confusion regarding the XT3 130 vs 140. We made a running change to the 140 after the catalogs and marketing specs were printed, hence the confusion when you read the catalog and it says the 140 is a different blend of dual core plastic/stiffness.
    140 vs 130:
    Same:
    The shells
    Difference:
    Liner. The 140 is thicker, denser, and heavier than the 130.
    Booster Strap. The 140 uses a cam lock "booster" style strap, the 130 uses the standard velcro.
    Built in rear spoiler. This increases rearward stiffness of the boot, as it is attached to the upper cuff.
    The 140 is only available in 97mm last, the 130 is available in both 97mm and 100mm.
    Hope this helps, if interested in any of these I suggest getting to your local shop now, we are already sold out of certain sizes. Crazy demand for reorders and existing stock already. Cheers.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"