Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    https://sgbonline.com/wp-content/upl...LT_EST_low.jpg

Well there ya go. Not really an improvement imo, would have liked to see an f1 with a higher, burlier cuff and an alien style closure.

Quote Originally Posted by abp View Post
    https://sgbonline.com/wp-content/upl...LT_EST_low.jpg

Well there ya go. Not really an improvement imo, would have liked to see an f1 with a higher, burlier cuff and an alien style closure.
    Any specs yet? Weight, last width, stiffness rating, etc.?

In my mind in order to be a winner it has to be at least 20% stiffer than the Alien RS and 20% lighter than the Maestrale RS.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Any specs yet? Weight, last width, stiffness rating, etc.?

In my mind in order to be a winner it has to be at least 20% stiffer than the Alien RS and 20% lighter than the Maestrale RS.
    990g claimed weight in a 27, 100 flex. No word on last but it looks like the shoe is the same as the alien rs. Can’t imagine they would feel like building new molds for this given the popularity of the rs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2020-2021 Gear Rumors / Pictures etc

Quote Originally Posted by abp View Post
    990g claimed weight in a 27, 100 flex. No word on last but it looks like the shoe is the same as the alien rs. Can’t imagine they would feel like building new molds for this given the popularity of the rs.

500g per pair lighter than the current F1 is big. I will be trying this one on next fall.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    500g per pair lighter than the current F1 is big. I will be trying this one on next fall.
    Dis. Especially considering that the Tecnica ZGTP is only like 60g heavier than the F1. It looks to be a good replacement for my Atomic Backlands when they wear out.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Oh no, shit, sounds like they enforcered the Bones. Another great ski beeing neutered?
    I think people will find it also has even more stability at speed than the older version. The new core construction and resulting flex profile combined with the new sidecut design allow it to be easier at slower speeds but more stability at higher speeds.

Sounds counterintuitive I know.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Yeah but 200g per pair heavier than the Alien RS while only 5 points stiffer. And the same narrow fit as the Alien? Sounds like a miss to me.

Yeah but 200g per pair heavier than the Alien RS while only 5 points stiffer. And the same narrow fit as the Alien? Sounds like a miss to me.
    ‘5 points stiffer’ doesn’t tell you anything... judging something by stated flex index is premature.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    ‘5 points stiffer’ doesn’t tell you anything... judging something by stated flex index is premature.
    Yep, totally agreed, just going by Scarpa's numbers. I was just hoping for taller/stiffer/wider, with a moderate weight savings over the current F1.

Somewhere in this thread or elsewhere Jason K. mentioned that the last will be slightly roomier than the RS.

I think the key on this new boot will be whether or not that powerstrap buckle has improved camming range over the old F1. The F1 was never really a one-motion lock down because the strap had to be reset manually.

Yeah that’s odd imo. I would have thought that keeping the f1 in the 1200~g weight class but adding more ski ability would have made more sense. Big jump between a F1 and a Mistrale now eh

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Skied the Stance 90 today, best Salomon I’ve ever been on. That’s gonna be a very popular line of skies next year. Also skied the new Bonafide 97, I always hated this ski, felt like a 2x4, no longer the case. It’s a very easy turner, and miles apart from its predecessor. New Kore 87 is another ski that should get a lot of traction on the East Coast. New Ripstick 96 is a little beefier underfoot, another great ski from Elan. Perfect weather and snow today at Pico for the demo. That’s a cool old hill.
    Pico is sweet and really glad to hear about the new Salomon lineup. It's been getting some press and all sounds good so far.

Thanks for the review

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kied View Post
    Totally different last than the Cochise. The current MV is fairly wide with not a lot of shape (go to a shop and compare a current LV w/ an MV). The 20/21 MV mimics the current LV, with a way more anatomical fit that is closer to the foot, but with a taller and better toe box. Cochise feels a bit softer than the Mach in the same flex index.

Also, the "T-Drive" on the MV is legit. Essentially, less/no distortion on the lower boot when flexing.
    Wasatchback, can you elaborate too? I have both the original mv and the newer (-5mm bsl)
    Seem similar, but with newer shell maybe a bit tighter ankle and instep but super close. Full length zeppa a plus. Also feels like lost a mm or 2
    in internal length but not the full 5.

Life of a repo man is always intense.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    Wasatchback, can you elaborate too? I have both the original mv and the newer (-5mm bsl)
    Seem similar, but with newer shell maybe a bit tighter ankle and instep but super close. Full length zeppa a plus. Also feels like lost a mm or 2
    in internal length but not the full 5.

New MV is just a more anatomical version of the present one. More shape means the liner has to do less
    of the work when it comes to holding your foot in place and you get less voids in the fit. I've skied 10-15
    runs in the new one but never really skied the present version and haven't put it on my foot in a while. I'm
    an LV fit so the MV was a little too big for me in the forefoot. New shape allowed us to shave a decent amount
    of weight off the boot without compromising the plastic. Still PE/PU but 1950g instead of around 2200g.

Shouldn't feel like a drastically different boot. Just a more refined version of the one you have.

2020-2021 Gear Rumors / Pictures etc

Thanks
    Sounds perfect (for me)

295 still a 25.5?

Life of a repo man is always intense.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    is that the production topsheet??? on the new spur ? both sizes??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blizz.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	312230

I may be a sick bastard but I REALLY like those.

Yep, totally agreed, just going by Scarpa's numbers. I was just hoping for taller/stiffer/wider, with a moderate weight savings over the current F1.
    Exactly. If it's the same last as the alien RS but about the same flex with more finicky transitions, what's the point?

Edit to add: on the blister podcast they say wider, 99 mm last. Might be a winner

Those Spur colors remind me a bit of old Hexcels
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    New MV is just a more anatomical version of the present one. More shape means the liner has to do less
    of the work when it comes to holding your foot in place and you get less voids in the fit. I've skied 10-15
    runs in the new one but never really skied the present version and haven't put it on my foot in a while. I'm
    an LV fit so the MV was a little too big for me in the forefoot. New shape allowed us to shave a decent amount
    of weight off the boot without compromising the plastic. Still PE/PU but 1950g instead of around 2200g.

Shouldn't feel like a drastically different boot. Just a more refined version of the one you have.
    How far off the Cochise shape is it?

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Oh no, shit, sounds like they enforcered the Bones. Another great ski beeing neutered?
    Not even. Still a burly ski, with a new core (which is actually mildly heavier than this year's version), and slightly different flex tip and tail. Skied it two days in Big Sky and it's the best version yet. Easy turn initiation and solid edge hold at speed. New sizes with a six cm break instead of seven... e.g.... 183cm & 189cm instead of 180 & 187.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Those Spur colors remind me a bit of old Hexcels
    I was totally thinking the same thing!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    As a dedicated race boot (Head Raptor 140rs) fan, I will also say Amen to ski companies making skis for alpine skiing again and not for every type of skiing. You don’t use a machete to slice a truffle!

This

any new goggle tech coming in 2020/2021? Wondering if I should buy now or wait a year.

Quote Originally Posted by soyboy80 View Post
    any new goggle tech coming in 2020/2021? Wondering if I should buy now or wait a year.
    Smith has a Squad Mag coming out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

smith doing fans on goggles again?