Drivetrain upgrade? need opinions

So, i was debating throwing a 1X setup on my fat bike as i currently have a 2x10 but looking to minimize moving parts when it gets super cold so was looking at maybe adding a NX Eagle setup but that got me to thinking... I could possibly upgrade my Bronson (X01 1x11) and then transfer that to the fat bike, double upgrade!

issues are these:
    1) my cassette, chain and front ring are probably due for a change as they seem to be pretty warn out so is it really worth it to transfer them
    2) from my research i think i'd have to go X01 Eagle to at least get comparable or better then my current setup for the Bronson and that groupset is damn expensive.

What say the group? what would you do?

IMO, if you don’t want to shell out for the Bronson at a similar level, Do the full NX shebang on the fat bike, cassette and all.

Drivetrain upgrade? need opinions

Shimano 8000 XT, sunrace 1x11, kmc chain will set u back ~$225. Money well spent. For the fatty that is.

Looks like similar NX setup is $195. Pick your poison.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

Man you guys posted a lot more reasonable solutions then I was expecting..... haha.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Doesn't the XO1 11-spd use an XD driver? So, to transfer it to the bike with the current 10-spd setup means changing the hub driver.

I'd pick XT 11-spd (or, SLX) over NX any day. NX does allow you to use a 12-spd cassette on a standard Shimano type freehub, but that IMHO is its only advantage. I think it's heavy and feels sloppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Doesn't the XO1 11-spd use an XD driver? So, to transfer it to the bike with the current 10-spd setup means changing the hub driver.

I'd pick XT 11-spd (or, SLX) over NX any day. NX does allow you to use a 12-spd cassette on a standard Shimano type freehub, but that IMHO is its only advantage. I think it's heavy and feels sloppy.
    Christ you are smart... never thought of that. Yes the X01 uses an XD... i'd like to have all my bikes on the same system (Sram or shimano) as right now have 1 of each hurts my brain, i jumped onto my fatty and forgot how to shift... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Christ you are smart... never thought of that. Yes the X01 uses an XD... i'd like to have all my bikes on the same system (Sram or shimano) as right now have 1 of each hurts my brain, i jumped onto my fatty and forgot how to shift... haha
    Sounds like it's time for a new bike!!
    There is a current thread discussing which endurbro bike to purchase... you should move this conversation there

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Man you guys posted a lot more reasonable solutions then I was expecting..... haha.
    I'll fix that. Change the driver, switch it over, upgrade both. Highly likely the front ring is fine still, and you can cheap out with a heavier cassette on your fat bike.

And maybe get a chain checker. They're cheap.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I'll fix that. Change the driver, switch it over, upgrade both. Highly likely the front ring is fine still, and you can cheap out with a heavier cassette on your fat bike.
    FINALLY.... real advice.... haha.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    And maybe get a chain checker. They're cheap.
    Yep i will certainly need to do that. Just in the first stages of this and pre planning for (hopeful) Fall bike part sales.

I generally prefer SRAM drivetrains but both NX and GX feel balky and klunky to me compared to XO and up. I'm riding the NX Eagle and can't stand that I can only downshift one gear at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I generally prefer SRAM drivetrains but both NX and GX feel balky and klunky to me compared to XO and up. I'm riding the NX Eagle and can't stand that I can only downshift one gear at a time.
    Oh? Yah my X01 you can downshift several at a time per throw which is nice, i didn't know this feature isn't available lower down the road