Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    The wins are few and far between, but that was sweet as sweet.

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Oh no, there’s a media bias against the Rockets?

https://spacecityscoop.com/2019/12/2...ts-media-bias/

It’s all made up. Harden really doesn’t fuck up game flow by drawing 12 fouls shots a game? Rockets management isn’t constantly whining about unfair treatment? Rockets really have won a championship (in a parallel universe)? Rockets’ PGs Westbrook or CP3 really aren’t red asses on the court with reputations for being challenging to work with? Rockets don’t have the moderately talented Austin Rivers frequently running his mouth? The Rockets really don’t run a high variance Morey-ball analytics driven game where they go 0 for 27 from 3 to lose close out games...

No wonder Rockets fans feel persecuted; they have to watch this shit and root for it...

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Have you watched LeBron play the last few years??? He doesn't try very hard if he doesn't want to. He only wants to when it's an individual play that benefits him. He's not a team player. I'd like him more if he had worked harder and actually played all of the minutes he was on the floor. He's more like 30 in basketball years. :P
    What? No.

Look at those 4 straight finals he took the Cavs to the finals (and the one in 07), he strapped those teams to his back and made everyone around him better. Even JR.

He was among league leaders (top 5 a few of those years) in assists too. He’s the greatest player we’ve seen since Jordan, of course he’s going to want the ball. But not a team player? That doesn’t align with what actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I disagree. He may take plays off here and there, but he has taken a bunch of garbage teams to the finals. LeBron can straight take over a game when he feels like it seems and some of those finals runs seems like he was the only player in a Cavs uniform actually playing. Even this year the lakers are now a favorite in the west when most had them finishing in the middle of the pack at the start of the season. Plus he said he refuses to take games off like other stars in the league.

Just the fact that he went to 8 straight finals disproves your theory.
    This.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Oh no, there’s a media bias against the Rockets?

https://spacecityscoop.com/2019/12/2...ts-media-bias/

It’s all made up. Harden really doesn’t fuck up game flow by drawing 12 fouls shots a game? Rockets management isn’t constantly whining about unfair treatment? Rockets really have won a championship (in a parallel universe)? Rockets’ PGs Westbrook or CP3 really aren’t red asses on the court with reputations for being challenging to work with? Rockets don’t have the moderately talented Austin Rivers frequently running his mouth? The Rockets really don’t run a high variance Morey-ball analytics driven game where they go 0 for 27 from 3 to lose close out games...

No wonder Rockets fans feel persecuted; they have to watch this shit and root for it...
    it's not pretty. no one uses the foul as much as harden and the majority of plays seems to be harden walking up the floor and trying to pull off a foul if nothing develops while he dribbles the clock down. I imagine westbrook wonders what he got himself into
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

The Jazz addition of Clarkson could be a HUGE move. First time the bench has looked good all year! By the way Danno, I stand by my comment of taking Mitchell over Tatum (yes I am a homer), he is quickly catching Karl Malone for the most 30 point games.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    The Jazz addition of Clarkson could be a HUGE move..
    That was a great trade.... Exum has Air Bud handles and was always hurt, I would have traded him for the gum stuck to the bottom the bleachers in Cleveland. I hope Mike Conley gets healthy and starts competing because he's making me wish we held onto Rubio who is having a career season with the Suns.

Trade of the year:
    Jordan Clarkson for Dante Exum.

We thought Mike Conley was the answer but Clarkson has been playing awesome. No doubt his addition is huge reason why the jazz are on a 13-0 run

Ingles > Hayward

Jazz are scoring from many areas/people, just want their D to tighten back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Ingles > Hayward
    I didn't know we had Skip Bayless posting here!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ingles > Hayward
    He is a little long in the tooth

Name:  Spencer-Haywood.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  54.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I didn't know we had Skip Bayless posting here!
    Scoreboard

https://herosports.com/nba/player-co...-vs-joe-ingles

Ingles > Hayward

Jazz are scoring from many areas/people, just want their D to tighten back up.
    Bwahaha I never realized that, but so true.
    in the long run, watching Hayward leave the jazz was one of those things that really worked out well for the Jazz. talk about dodging a bullet with that one. Enjoy that huge contract for a role player, Celts.

I’ll take it, but what a shitty call at the end of Jazz Pels regulation. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that called there.

I am of the belief that if you don't play above .500 ball, you should be disqualified from the playoffs.
    Just over half way in season and 13 of top 16 are above .500 Maybe they could do like FB. Top 6 per with top 2 getting a bye.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I am of the belief that if you don't play above .500 ball, you should be disqualified from the playoffs.
    Just over half way in season and 13 of top 16 are above .500 Maybe they could do like FB. Top 6 per with top 2 getting a bye.
    get rid of playoff games??? ya that's not going to happen. The NBA has increased the number of playoff games over the past 20 years, i don't think they'll be reducing the playoff games anytime soon. I don't really see it as a problem and I like the teams in the west that are on the bubble. I think the spurs or blazers or grizzles or suns in the playoffs would be a good thing and maybe take a game or two in the first round. Not as big of a fan of the below 500 teams in the east though.

Hope Blazers don’t keep wasting Lillard’s years. 61? Damn...

Zion and maybe the lakers. It’s fun

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Fukk Lebron....10...9....8....76ers!

TMZ is reporting that Kobe died in a helicopter crash this morning.

Fuck. Hate the Lakers but that hits home. He’s a few months older than me and I remember during my senior year in high school when he got drafted.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

NBA 2019/2020 Thread

Here is where the difference between “sports hate” and “real hate” shows up...tragic, especially the reports about his 4 kids.

Edit: now reports that kids NOT on board. Let’s hope for the latter

One more edit: Eldest daughter, Gianna, was on board
    Last edited by 54-46; 01-26-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Disbelief- so many vibes to the family. Gutwrenching.

And he was being a good dad flying her and a friend / teammate to a basketball game. Fuck.......

I'm not saying this cynically at all, but I can see the Lakers winning it all this year in a big Kobe tribute. There's going to be a lot of emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    And he was being a good dad flying her and a friend / teammate to a basketball game. Fuck.......

I'm not saying this cynically at all, but I can see the Lakers winning it all this year in a big Kobe tribute. There's going to be a lot of emotion.
    I could see it, and would still root for Eastern Conf opponent playing Lakers...

I'm really sorry for the child and the family, but fuck that rapist.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy